Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:34:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: MLB 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLB 2015  (Read 48660 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

on: April 07, 2015, 06:19:38 AM

Opening day has come and gone, and the media seems to think that the Braves would save everyone the time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves. Me, I'm for wasting sportswriters' time. So I figured we ought to hang around for a while and see if we can give 'em all a nice big shitburger to eat!

Crazy Predictions for the Divisions:

NL West - Rockies
NL East - Braves
NL Central - Brewers
NL WCs - Cardinals, Dodgers

AL West - Oakland
AL Central - Chicago White Sox
AL East - Baltimore
AL WCs - Detroit, Toronto

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 10:01:51 AM

I watched about half of the Cubs-Cards opener. I can't for the life of me see how the sports media is picking the Cubs to contend. Just... no. Sure we have a shitload of great prospects but when we can't score even 1 against a top pitcher despite getting like 13 runners in scoring position, I'm thinking... not. Of course, it's just one game, and we decided to fuck Kris Bryant out of a year of free agency by having him dick around in the minors for 12 fucking days but WHO NEEDS 12 WINS, AMIRITE?

Seriously, it really ought to be against the rules for clubs to jerk a guy around like that simply so they can save themselves a year of free agency. That kind of rules lawyering bullshit really pisses me off.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 10:03:43 AM

Man, I remember when I was a kid opening day was a huge deal.  Nowadays I forget it's even coming.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 11:04:06 AM

NL West- Dodgers
NL Central- Cardinals
NL East- Nationals

WCs- Cubs, Padres

AL West- Mariners
AL Central- Tigers
AL East- Blue Jays

WCs- Angels, Indians

Should be an interesting season. A lot of long dormant (shitty) teams have at least partially unfucked themselves. Hope we see a bunch of unfamiliar faces in October/November.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 12:04:55 PM

Predicting the Rockies is indeed crazy.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 12:08:54 PM

Predicting the Rockies is indeed crazy.

I just get tired of everyone predicting the Dodgers and went rogue.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 12:24:43 PM

Yeah but the Rockies will be fighting with Arizona for 4th place, IMO. (Probably the Giants odd year spiral their way down there too.) The Padres look like the team to pick if you're bored with LA to me.

(I gave you a pass on the Braves pick.)

Mine:

NL West: LA (sigh)
NL Central: St. Louis
NL East: Washington
WC: Pittsburgh, Miami

AL West: LA (sigh)
AL Central: Cleveland
AL East: Toronto
WC: Seattle, Boston

NL Cy Young: Kershaw (sigh)
AL Cy Young: Hernandez (finally gets to be on a pretty good team)

NL MVP: Stanton (spin that stupid fish statue)
AL MVP: Trout (he's going to win like 7 of these)

NL RotY: Kris Bryant
AL RotY: Aaron Sanchez

The AL is *much* harder to pick than the NL this year. Should be some really good races in all 3 divisions.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 12:34:24 PM

Those are indeed some crazy predictions, Paelos.  I'm maybe onboard with the White Sox in the AL Central, but I think you're likely to go 0/6 on division champs this year.

NL West: LA
NL Central: St. Louis
NL East: Washington
WC: Pittsburgh, San Diego (though I'm torn on Miami, it will be close)

AL West: Seattle
AL Central: Cleveland
AL East: Boston
WC: LA, Oakland

I agree with Ingmar about the AL being much harder to predict.  Bet there's much more separation between the wild card teams and the bottom dwellers in the NL.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 01:16:30 PM

Almost everyone is picking Nationals, Dodgers, Cardinals. They can't be right two years in a row. Just can't. I refuse to believe all three will win again.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 02:39:06 PM

Unfortunately, I don't see any of the NL East making any kind of push on the Nats without a lot of injuries to the Nats. Same goes for the Cards. Dodgers I'm not entirely sure about but I'd certainly put them ahead of the Rockies, Padres and Dbacks.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 12:14:33 PM

Braves sweep, confuse everyone!

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 02:09:54 PM

Customary Go Tribe! before they are out of the race. (in about 4 weeks)

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 02:20:05 PM

Hey, two of us picked Cleveland to win the Central so far.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 03:04:14 PM

If you're by a TV, turn Cleveland-Houston on now if you can.

EDIT:

I jinxed it
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:08:26 PM by Ingmar »

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #14 on: April 10, 2015, 06:22:09 AM

Braves home opener is today against the Mets. I really want this month of April to go well for the Braves so we get over the rebuilding hump, and the Nationals can basically tank if they are so inclined. Washington is just unlikable from every aspect to me. Bryce Harper being tops on that list, but Strasburg isn't far behind.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 07:55:32 AM

Maybe, but the Nats are pretty fun to go see live.  Looking forward to a few games next week.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 09:54:49 AM

Braves home opener is today against the Mets. I really want this month of April to go well for the Braves so we get over the rebuilding hump, and the Nationals can basically tank if they are so inclined. Washington is just unlikable from every aspect to me. Bryce Harper being tops on that list, but Strasburg isn't far behind.
I've been out of touch with baseball since I started living abroad.  What's wrong with Strasburg?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #17 on: April 12, 2015, 12:48:02 PM

The national media wants Strasburg to be one of the best pitchers in the game sooooooooooooooooooooo badly. They cover his starts and talk about him a good bit.

But in reality? He's a good frontline starter right now, and I don't even believe he's the best pitcher on the Nationals. Yet he gets so much talk. It's annoying.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 08:58:49 PM

But he makes the ball do crazy things!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
WayAbvPar

Reply #19 on: April 12, 2015, 11:27:19 PM

I hate Fernando Rodney. That is all.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 06:16:54 AM

Bartolo Colon got his first RBI in 10 years off the Braves to help the Mets win by a run.

I can't help but love the man regardless of his team. He's a treasure slathered in cheese dip.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #21 on: April 14, 2015, 06:03:58 AM

Tried to get to the game last night, made it 10 minutes in the seats when we had a 30m rain delay. Watched 3 innings of baseball, another rain delay. By then it was 9:30 and the game wasn't going to even get started until at least 10. I left. Braves won.

6-1 now, keep it rolling!

Plus the Nats lost

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #22 on: April 14, 2015, 11:23:37 AM

I was lucky enough to see Bartolo Colon strike out bunting twice last year.  Love that man.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 15, 2015, 12:28:44 PM

Giants are living down to my expectations thus far.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 12:32:31 PM

It would ruin our winning strategy if we did good this year!  All hail having a shitty season on odd number years!

-Stephen Colbert
WayAbvPar

Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 01:25:48 PM

I hate Fernando Rodney. That is all.
Ohhhhh, I see.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 01:45:27 PM

Braves are proving their 4-5 starters wouldn't be starting anywhere else. Roger McDowell better have a ton of magic dust in that bag of his.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #27 on: April 15, 2015, 01:54:08 PM

3 more weeks to go and well on our way...   Ohhhhh, I see.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #28 on: April 20, 2015, 07:44:43 PM

I may have overestimated the Brewers.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #29 on: May 17, 2015, 10:31:01 AM

So apparently the Cubs are competitive this season. They might even be a playoff contender, if they can ever find anyone worth a shit in their bullpen.

Also, Kris Bryant is the real deal, and Anthony Rizzo's contract is STILL insanely club-friendly. I mean, the Cubs have him for a total of 9 years with options for a total of like $72 million or some ridiculously low number. For a guy who'll likely settle in at .280 with 20-30 HR's and 100+ RBI's a season, plays decent defense and bats left-handed. HOW THE FUCK DID THAT HAPPEN?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #30 on: June 02, 2015, 05:16:34 PM

Watching the Cubs play the Marlins in Miami. Holy shit, that is one expensive empty ass stadium.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #31 on: June 02, 2015, 06:36:19 PM

Watching the Cubs play the Marlins in Miami. Holy shit, that is one expensive empty ass stadium.

I haven't wished anyone dead yet, but the Marlins owner will be in the top 10 if I ever do.

WayAbvPar

Reply #32 on: June 02, 2015, 08:14:35 PM

Lloyd McClendon finally lost his fucking mind and got ejected. Hopefully that will wake his goddamned club up.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #33 on: June 03, 2015, 05:24:29 AM

Seattle shouldn't be as shitty as they are. I mean FFS the Astros are leading that division. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #34 on: June 03, 2015, 06:44:07 AM

Stop using Fernando Rodney as a closer and that'll help.

Last week, I tried to talk my family into going to a baseball game while we were visiting San Francisco and we couldn't make it work.  So instead, I was sitting in a hotel lobbey when Madison Bumgarner hit a home run off Clayton Kershaw.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: MLB 2015  
Jump to: