Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 03:56:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Blade runner 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blade runner 2  (Read 7557 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: February 28, 2015, 03:39:50 AM

I've got a bad feeling about this.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/denis-villeneuve-in-talks-to-direct-blade-runner-sequel-1201442794/#nf

Harrison Ford to star in a film that really shouldn't be made.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 06:34:12 AM

Harrison Ford to star in a film that really shouldn't be made.

Then it's got just the star it deserves. Harrison Ford is a shitty, wooden, terrible actor. And that's back when he was young. I'm eager to see what sort of plot they've come up with that explains why they just have to have a 70 year old man come and chase a bunch of replicants around. Because that's what really old mean are good at: chasing and fighting a bunch of specially engineered artificail people who were made to far exceed humans in speed, strength, intellect, and combat agility.

A reboot could have been really good, same with a storyline with new characters. But this? This can't be anything but cringy shit.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 07:57:07 AM

Ford recently said the second installment’s script was the “best thing he’s ever read.”
Makes you wonder if Ford is getting dementia or a really fat paycheck (though I guess there's a very slight chance that the script is insanely good and blows out of water any of the previous films he's starred in)  why so serious?
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 10:05:30 AM

Ford's character is also a replicant!  Duh!
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 10:50:21 AM

Ford's character is also a replicant!  Duh!

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 01:13:40 PM

I have nothing but bad feelings about this.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 03:05:52 PM

Everyone had a bad feeling about BR1 and it pretty much bombed in theatres until it became a cult hit years later.  It's pretty much a given that will happen to BR2 also.  :shrug
A surprise this will not be unless they "generify" the movie.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 03:12:39 PM

A surprise this will not be unless they "generify" the movie.

I'm surprised you DON'T think that is exactly what's going to happen.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 03:49:01 PM

Supposedly, Harrison Ford love the script.  I'll be real curious to see what they put on the screen. I'm not optimistic, but I really do hope I'm wrong.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 07:41:27 PM

Supposedly, Harrison Ford love the script. 

That's because his copy of the script had a $100 bill taped to it.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 08:19:44 PM

That's because his copy of the script had a $10,000 bill taped to each page.

Sorted.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 08:26:30 PM

That's because his copy of the script had a $10,000 bill taped to each page.
Sorted.
That's probably off by an order of magnitude. E.g. a script with 120 pages (1 minute of screen time per page) would only be 1.2 million. He's probably getting at least 15 million upfront.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 08:43:53 PM

If it's 70 year old Deckard still running around 'retiring' replicants, it will suck.  If they try to go another direction with it, it will at least have a very slim chance of not sucking but realistically it will probably suck anyway.

Over and out.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 09:01:49 PM

If it's anything like the Blade Runner sequel novels that came out awhile back, it will likely suck. Because while they weren't bad novels, per se, I don't remember a good goddamn thing about them.

It's just a movie that really does not need a sequel, especially not one with the main character who everyone thinks is a fucking replicant having lived 30+ hard ass years.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 09:01:56 PM

I wonder if they will give him a sidekick or son like the last Indy.  I mean, didn't Ford also like that script?
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 09:24:12 PM

You know what might actually be interesting?  If the sequel takes place not long after the first Blade Running and Deckard looks 70 years old due to rapid aging because he's a replicant and near the end of his lifespan.  Of course, it would probably still suck because they'd make him the leader of a replicant uprising or some other bullshit.

Over and out.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 09:39:07 PM

I wonder if they will give him a sidekick or son like the last Indy.  I mean, didn't Ford also like that script?

This.  Ford either has TERRIBLE decision making skills when reading scripts or does not give one fuck about his legacy, there's no other possibility.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 04:02:05 AM

LOL, his legacy. haha. good one.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 05:03:46 AM

I'd flip it.  Since Ford aged 35 years or so since the last movie, set this movie forward that time and Decker is Chief Replicant in charge of finding and killing stray humans.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 09:42:30 AM

Or he's the one hiding and protecting the last remaining ones.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 09:53:59 AM

Due to a mix-up in the writing process, Decker is now a razor blade smuggler.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 01, 2015, 01:44:42 PM

Maybe Ford's role will just be a supporting one and he'll be in the sequel just long enough that they can put his name on the credits with a brilliant performance like the one he did in Ender's Game

in which (to clarify) I thought he was pretty horrendous
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 01, 2015, 08:17:10 PM

I would be astounded if this was anything more than a CGI-fest for foreign rubes.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 12:33:03 AM

Given the Director's cut and the paper unicorn allusions to Decker being a replicant and the whole fucking Roy Baty shutting down looking younger than Decker, this is going to be trainwreck.

Admittedly Ford's recent acting is more robotic than a Mars explorer so I'm sure they can mess with the ending of the original.

I would have preferred to see a reboot but then again, I'm not sure that you could replace Rutger Haur.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 02, 2015, 06:42:04 AM

A reboot might be nice but isn't Blade Runner one of those films that somehow still looks great even though its technology is now 30 years old? Alien might be another, funnily enough. (Not that I've seen it in a big screen cinema recently so I may be wrong). I think it would be great if there was a way of marketing some of these older films to younger people who may not know about them, as maybe they would enjoy watching the original Blade Runner even more than a reboot?

As for Blade Runner 2, I really hope Ford's role is a cameo.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 06:43:38 AM by palmer_eldritch »
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: March 02, 2015, 06:47:06 AM

The film looks great cause the entire thing is filmed in 50 shades of black and 10 shades of neon.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 02, 2015, 06:52:45 AM

The original Blade Runner looks and feels like a real world and has influenced other movies ever since it came out. It was made by a Ridley Scott who still gave a shit about fim making and oozes style and mood. I just don't see a modern director who is capable of doing the same as most modern directors love shakey cam and 0.000003 second jump cuts.

Though, there is a part of me that really wants to see a David Fincher movie in the Blade Runner universe. Not a sequel perse, just exploring another corner of this dark and dreary world that film created.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: March 02, 2015, 10:56:57 PM

Jodorowski should do it.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #28 on: March 02, 2015, 11:15:29 PM

Denis Villeneuve is going to do it.  And he's not into shakey cam or 0.000003 second jump cuts.  I'm not sure whether this will be good or not, but they did choose a good director.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 03, 2015, 11:07:45 PM

Denis Villeneuve is going to do it.  And he's not into shakey cam or 0.000003 second jump cuts.  I'm not sure whether this will be good or not, but they did choose a good director.

This suddenly made this movie a must see for me if he is doing it. Villeneuve is one of my favourite directors out there right now.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 05:00:41 PM

Might be you can all relax about Blade Runner 2. And we can begin pivoting and talking about how much we liked him. Maybe.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/harrison-ford-injured-plane-crash-n318301
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #31 on: March 05, 2015, 05:33:57 PM

Nah. But then my rule about drunks is generally to ignore them until they get their shit together.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: March 05, 2015, 05:45:00 PM

Might be you can all relax about Blade Runner 2. And we can begin pivoting and talking about how much we liked him. Maybe.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/harrison-ford-injured-plane-crash-n318301

He belongs in a museum.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 06, 2015, 05:28:31 AM

This.  Ford either has TERRIBLE decision making skills when reading scripts or does not give one fuck about his legacy, there's no other possibility.

Little late on this response, but I think it is worth mentioning:  I don't think the Indy 4 script was significantly worse than the other Indy movies.  George Lucas' ability to execute that script?  Orders of magnitude worse. 

Not that I think that means anything at all for this movie.  Other than it will be a mistake to have a geriatric Harrison Ford doing anything actiony whatsoever.  Assuming he ever does any acting ever again after crashing the Falcon I mean airplane.

Also, here's the part where I admit to never having seen Blade Runner.  Good, is it?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: March 06, 2015, 06:31:58 AM

Little late on this response, but I think it is worth mentioning:  I don't think the Indy 4 script was significantly worse than the other Indy movies.  George Lucas' ability to execute that script?  Orders of magnitude worse. 

Indy IV was directed by Spielberg.  Lucas just interfered and kept giving the script to different writers.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Blade runner 2  
Jump to: