Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:21:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Who is going to play retail? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who is going to play retail?  (Read 14952 times)
Joe
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: April 14, 2004, 09:36:45 AM

I'm definitely in. Equal time will probably be given to both Edged and Strike Anywhere, although I just made a tanker and controller to see if they're any fun, so who knows?

Bat Country works for me. Fear and Loathing does, too. We're a ways from release, so we can bicker over that as more people flood in.

As far as server selection goes, we should just do what we do with in-game instanced servers: pick the one on the very bottom.
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #36 on: April 14, 2004, 10:14:58 AM

I haven't played the beta, but I'm planning on picking this up on release, I'm sorta hoping you guys will let me tag along, even though I'll be a total CoH newb..

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #37 on: April 14, 2004, 10:43:58 AM

Quote from: cevik
I haven't played the beta, but I'm planning on picking this up on release, I'm sorta hoping you guys will let me tag along, even though I'll be a total CoH newb..

Holy crap, its cevik. I think most of the people from HD are going to be grandfathered in. Not sure. I would be glad to have you with us.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #38 on: April 14, 2004, 11:38:54 AM

I'd be happy to have you in, cevik. What will your character name be, The Amazing Pinko Commie? :)

cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #39 on: April 14, 2004, 11:50:11 AM

Quote from: HaemishM
I'd be happy to have you in, cevik. What will your character name be, The Amazing Pinko Commie? :)

Hmm, I like it.. I like it a lot..

EDIT:  To avoid hijacking the thread I thought I'd edit this post and say that I haven't been posting lately for 3 reasons.  1)  Big annoying project at work, 2)  I haven't had much to say, and last but not least 3)  I had no interest in taking part of the whiny pussy fest that happened when the "cool kids" threw their "I'm taking my toys and going home" tantrum.  To answer WayAbvPar's question below, Xander is doing fine, he's 9 1/2 months now and I think he'll be walking very soon.  He also says "mama" and sometimes utters what mama claims is "dada" but I'm not so sure.. :)  Now it's time to return to your regularly scheduled "I'm playing in release" post..

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
WayAbvPar

Reply #40 on: April 14, 2004, 12:00:11 PM

LOL! Nice to see ya again, Cevik. How's the chillun? Getting big now I bet.

My old roommate was in HD and will probably be in retail as well (he was Korselaine/some other character whose name escapes me...Haemish might remember- they leveled together as n00bs I think). I should be moved in and cabled up by the 25th...GOD I can't wait to try this friggin' thing.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: April 14, 2004, 12:36:49 PM

They just added a bunch of servers to the server list.  We now have:

Prime
Justice
Pinnacle
Virtue
Liberty
Guardian
Valmorian
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: April 14, 2004, 12:57:20 PM

Quote from: Alrindel
They just added a bunch of servers to the server list.  We now have:

Prime
Justice
Pinnacle
Virtue
Liberty
Guardian

Are they all up, or are all except Prime and Pinnacle down?  (There was that third server that always showed up but was never active, that's why I ask..)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #43 on: April 14, 2004, 02:10:51 PM

When I got on at lunch, only Prime and Pinnacle were accessible.

Valmorian
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: April 14, 2004, 02:30:57 PM

When I got on at lunch, only Prime and Pinnacle were accessible.

You get to play at lunch?  Lucky bastard. ;)

I hope they bring up the servers soon, or I fear we may see some serious lag problems tonight when the open beta people arrive.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #45 on: April 14, 2004, 05:05:05 PM

"Justice" is up

On a side note, for the first time in the last week, Prime and Pinnacle both show yellow circles.  Is that population or latency?

Justice is green.

Edit:  On a side note 3 red balls killed Prime server.  It's almost unplayable. It did give me and idea for a new character though: Pingcredible.
schild
Administrator

Reply #46 on: April 14, 2004, 05:35:46 PM

or "The Lost Packet"
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: April 15, 2004, 06:49:00 AM

TODAY will be the bitch.  It is their 'launchday test'.  They are shutting down all but prime.  Then asking every tester to make THREE characters and run them through the tutorial and the first contact mission.  OW.  I can feel the pain.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #48 on: April 15, 2004, 09:06:11 AM

It's going to hurt something awful. But I'm damn glad to see it happening now instead of when it's usually tested in MMOG's. You know, launch day.

Valmorian
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: April 15, 2004, 09:21:22 AM

It's going to hurt something awful. But I'm damn glad to see it happening now instead of when it's usually tested in MMOG's. You know, launch day.

The QA team for this game is really impressing me with this move.  Granted I've not been in many MMORPG betas, but this is a wise choice in my opinion as well.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #50 on: April 21, 2004, 09:28:27 PM

The honeymoon is far from over in City of Heroes.  I'll be playing for certainty as well.

Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #51 on: April 22, 2004, 10:51:16 PM

I have reserved the name "Hawkwind" on all six launch servers. My characters may or may not have developed their superpowers after lysergic acid expermintation was performed on them by boffins at Porton Down. They sure as hell can't remember, but the flashbacks are entertaining.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Who is going to play retail?  
Jump to: