Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:57:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Who is going to play retail? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who is going to play retail?  (Read 15011 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

on: April 12, 2004, 02:25:29 PM

How about a list of all the people who are going to play CoH in retail.

I will be, and also my RL friend "Whitesmith" will be also.

So you can count the two of us in for "Bat Country" apon release.

P.S. could we maybe get some info on the release guild colors, and are we sticking with the same name? It a cool name, but for release, maybe we should do the "City of Villians" or some thing.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 02:27:58 PM

I'll be around.

Will probably be playing as Motion Sickness and something else rather than Function 13. Don't know though. I will have the Guild made by the end of the first night - assuming servers aren't pounded to hell.

I will also post the server we'll all play on (most likely NOT the first one that goes up) within the first few hours. After being on Bloodfin in SWG I refuse to be in one of the first 2 servers.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 02:29:59 PM

I will no doubt be in retail, but not sure which group my 'main' will be in.  Depends on what happens with a few ex SWG and EQ guildmates of mine.

That's what I get for having multiple personalities and getting wrapped up in two communities that would probably mutually hate each other, hehe.

[edited because I can't fucking type apparently]
Valmorian
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 02:30:12 PM

I'll be on for certain.  I may have difficulty deciding on a Main character, though.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 03:00:36 PM

It's almost a certainty that I'll be playing.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 03:13:39 PM

I'll be there although I probably won't be playing as my current character either.
WayAbvPar

Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 03:33:41 PM

As soon as I get moved and get up and running, I will be in. Think I might try a controller at first to see if I like them as much as I liked playing a 'chanter.

Of course, I will have to have an alt that just beats the shit out of things...

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 04:01:42 PM

Crap, I just found out that the Preorder release weekend, is my weekend to work.

@#$@#%@%^$%^ @#$%^  $%^& %^&* #% ^&@^$ ^&*$^&*&#^&%^&$^&&*( ^&*(%*&($%^&*@$^&#$%^&%^&.

Damnit. I want to catass2freedom.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 04:38:02 PM

I'm there, will probably have a bud w/ me as well.

As for the actual characters, no clue as of yet.

Probably a blaster.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 12, 2004, 05:24:36 PM

I'll be there. Darniaq for sure. Specc'd as God only knows what...
Kyper
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 12, 2004, 06:09:42 PM

I'll be there.  I'm Doughboy (dark melee scrapper)in the beta and will either play that as my main or "Ultiman" (invuln tank).
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 12, 2004, 07:14:49 PM

I'll be there. Geisha is the name. Will most likely be a Controller still. Also, bringing a friend. He played 10 minutes and was hooked.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #12 on: April 12, 2004, 08:04:40 PM

Looks like we could have some good numbers for the Release guild. Should be fun.

Just got done doing a few missions with some higher level guys, so Schild could get some shots for his review was a blast.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 12, 2004, 09:41:52 PM

Yeah and he didn't get any pictures of you abusing my corpse.  I blame the azzraping on my fucking perma-debt bug I fucking have now.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #14 on: April 13, 2004, 03:32:44 AM

I will be, but I'm waiting for a server list to be announced and an unofficial Australian server chosen.

Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 13, 2004, 03:57:51 AM

Yeah, I'll probably pick this up.
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 13, 2004, 03:59:10 AM

I'll be in for retail. I'd like to join up with Bat Country but time is a problem. I'm in the UK and joining a guild where everyone else is on at times I'm not would suck :/

Anyone else here play US daytimes==UK evenings?
addryc
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 13, 2004, 05:06:00 AM

I'll be there also - not sure who I will be playing - I like playing my Defender but I'm not sure if I want to keep him as Magic-based so Eldritch Healer may no longer be Eldritch :)  We shall see...

Will be on whatever server you lot pick.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #18 on: April 13, 2004, 05:43:16 AM

I'll be playing and pretty sure Righ will, too.  We're both having good fun.  I mostly play the same times you do, tar... tho weekends I'll play late, now and then.  3 years back in the US and I'm still not used to the time change.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #19 on: April 13, 2004, 07:49:30 AM

Will be playing a magic defender, empathy and lightening.  Not sure 10)% if this will be prime, but probably.  Might go Psychic for a little crowd control to boot.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 13, 2004, 08:07:51 AM

I guess I'll see how it goes through beta. If I see people on enough then I'll follow the crowd to whichever server you all go to :)
Xilren's Twin

Reply #21 on: April 13, 2004, 08:12:49 AM

I'm in for certain.  I am really having a tough time deciding what I want to play come release though...

I think for the rest of beta I stick with my defender just to try and get him high enough to see midgame content.  Perez Park is a blast.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Anger
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 13, 2004, 08:41:12 AM

I'm in.  Though I believe I turn 30 on opening day (Fuck!) so there will be much drinking involved.
Aslan
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 13, 2004, 09:41:04 AM

Grats Anger, enjoy your birthday.  I will be there on release day as Aslan or Pysek, depending.  Probably some sort of pansy blaster.
Glamdring
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: April 13, 2004, 09:55:20 AM

I'm in as of now and working under the assumption that the game will remain fun up to the release date.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #25 on: April 13, 2004, 10:12:15 AM

I like the name Bat Country.  I thouroughly enjoyed Fear and Loathing, too.  It encompasses some of my favourite people... Thompson, Gilliam, Yarber.  Thinking about it makes me happy.  I would, however, enjoy this game even more with PvP.  

Oh... I like drugs, too.  Somehow Bat Country, drugs, PvP and superheroes are all working for me. :)

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #26 on: April 13, 2004, 10:24:10 AM

I'll be playing on release.

Anyone know if we can just pay for the box online and use the current client or am I going to have to hit up the store?

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #27 on: April 13, 2004, 11:34:53 AM

Quote from: Signe
I like the name Bat Country.  I thouroughly enjoyed Fear and Loathing, too.  It encompasses some of my favourite people... Thompson, Gilliam, Yarber.  Thinking about it makes me happy.  I would, however, enjoy this game even more with PvP.  

Oh... I like drugs, too.  Somehow Bat Country, drugs, PvP and superheroes are all working for me. :)

Maybe we should name the group, Fear and Loathing. I was just hoping for some thing a bit, i donno, less goofy sounding. Dont get me wrong, I love that movie, and I love that part, but for a guild name, Im not so hot on it, but I will bow to what ever name we choose.
schild
Administrator

Reply #28 on: April 13, 2004, 11:37:28 AM

I've been getting endless compliments in game due tot he name of the guild. Fear and Loathing is a bit over the head, though I am up for suggestions on changing it.
WayAbvPar

Reply #29 on: April 13, 2004, 12:22:16 PM

F13 Troop! =P

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 13, 2004, 12:25:06 PM

I think I will too.

Bruce
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #31 on: April 13, 2004, 12:48:58 PM

Quote from: SirBruce
I think I will too.

Bruce

Oooh!  You can be SuperFurryAnimal Man!  I've made an alt named Miss Anthrope... you can be my eunu... umm... sidekick. ;p

DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #32 on: April 14, 2004, 06:03:58 AM

Im there as I'm sure you are aware heh. I'll still be Dark Dryad  pretty much the same build. You guys have gotten too spoiled for me to just give up the  Teleportation ability now :P

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #33 on: April 14, 2004, 06:05:51 AM

That being said err what server should we shoot for? I hope I can use Dark Dryad on a different server once they destroy the city in a hail of plasma on end of beta day.

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 14, 2004, 06:09:52 AM

Have they even announced the official server list yet?  I haven't seen any reference to it on the beta boards...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Who is going to play retail?  
Jump to: