Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:19:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Supergirl 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Supergirl  (Read 42119 times)
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: April 02, 2016, 04:55:50 AM

On my toast when canceled list.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #176 on: April 02, 2016, 01:33:14 PM

Why not? I actually like that Jimmy Olsen isn't just some freckle-faced nerd, nor is his modern update some grimdark emo twat.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: April 02, 2016, 02:39:39 PM

Well it is kinda dumb when you take into account that they added a Jimmy Olsen in all but name character also.

I am the .00000001428%
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: April 02, 2016, 04:26:57 PM

Well it is kinda dumb when you take into account that they added a Jimmy Olsen in all but name character also.

I have no problem with him as Jimmy Olsen really.  In the show he's just evolved past being a photographer and has moved up.  He's been around Superman for years before he's moved to Supergirl's city.  I mean it's 1000x better than being an unnamed character who is killed off for drama or something..  Ohhhhh, I see.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: May 12, 2016, 04:58:11 PM

So this is going to the CW for season 2.  If they are going to tie it in to their other DC shows (more than it already did) I might have to pick it up again.  I was pretty annoyed Flash never even mentioned her.

I am the .00000001428%
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: May 12, 2016, 05:45:24 PM

This is gonna be major shuffle-rama.  My guess is that they open next season with a 2 parter that involves Supergirl replacing her Earth-1 counterpart.  This will explain having to ditch the actors that don't want to move to Vancouver.  I don't think Calista Flockhart will go, which opens up more money, and I don't think Channing Tatum's wife (Lucy Lane) will follow either.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: May 12, 2016, 06:18:37 PM

This is gonna be major shuffle-rama.  My guess is that they open next season with a 2 parter that involves Supergirl replacing her Earth-1 counterpart.  This will explain having to ditch the actors that don't want to move to Vancouver.  I don't think Calista Flockhart will go, which opens up more money, and I don't think Channing Tatum's wife (Lucy Lane) will follow either.

Flockhart has actually accepted the move.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: May 12, 2016, 07:32:35 PM

Surprising.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #183 on: May 12, 2016, 08:04:27 PM

She's tired of Harrison schlepping around the house muttering about nerds in-between plane crashes.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: May 12, 2016, 09:32:37 PM

This is good. Her dynamic with the main actress is honestly one of the best parts of the show. That and the sister's interactions with her.

Why not? I actually like that Jimmy Olsen isn't just some freckle-faced nerd, nor is his modern update some grimdark emo twat.

I sure as hell don't want Jimmy to be grimdark but this version of the characters just doesn't feel like Jimmy Olsen to me. He's too confident and good looking. *shrugs*

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: May 12, 2016, 09:37:58 PM

Well this Jimmy is supposed to be at the height of his career and been hanging out with Superman for years. 
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: May 12, 2016, 09:45:58 PM

It's sad when the CW is likely to improve a show, yet here we are. I will probably pick this up again if it's going to the Flash/Arrow-verse since I really did want to like this show. Also, I'd be just fine (prefer it, actually) if they ditched Cat, Lucy Lane, Lucy's dad, mediocre Lex Luthor with hair, and maybe tried to do some sort of non-shit storyline for once.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: May 13, 2016, 08:33:54 AM

So basically, you like nothing about the show?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: May 13, 2016, 08:35:04 AM

Not him but basically, yes.  I loved Supergirl, absolutely every single thing around her sucked.

I am the .00000001428%
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: May 13, 2016, 09:49:15 AM

The actress is perfect for Supergirl/Kara, the show surrounding her is just lacking.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: May 13, 2016, 09:52:25 AM

Folks that don't like a lot of things about this show may get their wish. Some of the actors may not wish to move to Vancouver and the cost of moving some of those large sets would be prohibitive. As such, you're likely to see them do some major changes to the show right off the bat. I would not be surprised if they moved her to the Arrowverse with a few of her allies and massively changed the support structure around her. Of course, that is only one of the several options for what they could do with her.

Well I like the actress, I don't think she's perfect for Supergirl. I think she could have been a lot of other characters and been a better fit. They needed someone that could convey a lot more gravitas then Benoist does.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: May 13, 2016, 11:48:23 AM

Exactly what Threash and Lakov said. Benoist as Kara is good, and I actually want to enjoy this show, but very little was done well. It's why I dropped this show but will give this another go after it moves to CW.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: May 13, 2016, 02:31:16 PM

This is suppose to be the DCU equivalent of Agent of Shield. Hire a bunch of top model actors, throw some adobe flash special effects, and wait for the nerds clamoring for the movie references to come rushing in. And while this show manages to hit the same quality of agents of shield, i.e none, the Warner Bros are far less invested. Which is a thank god for quality tv.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: June 06, 2016, 06:13:09 PM

Well looks like the changes in DC TV are already in motion. Full-on Superman confirmed to be in the first 2 episodes of Supergirl next season.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: June 07, 2016, 09:58:14 AM

It HAS to be Tom Welling doesn't it?

I am the .00000001428%
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: June 07, 2016, 05:03:34 PM

Highly unlikely.  They're not ready to adopt Smallville's stories and not doing so with Welling in the roll would cause issues.  The best casting idea I've seen is Joe Mangiello. 

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: June 07, 2016, 05:44:35 PM

I highly doubt that Welling would come back, just because he's become even more reclusive since Smallville ended.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Supergirl  
Jump to: