Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:09:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Supergirl 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Supergirl  (Read 41628 times)
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: November 23, 2015, 07:42:15 PM

I don't want this abomination anywhere near my arrow. good lord. no.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #141 on: November 25, 2015, 12:25:50 AM

Hipster Lex Luthor is annoying.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: November 27, 2015, 03:09:49 AM

I enjoy this show but it is almost 100% because of the lead actress. I've never seen a superhero I could call adorkable before but she makes it work somehow. That said, it's probably only getting 1 season because CBS will have high expectations. On the CW it'd probably get 5 or 6 seasons easy.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: November 27, 2015, 05:22:00 AM

Now that swapped about episode has aired, I would really, really rather they hadn't fucked with the running order.  While I kinda get the 'zomg terrorists things happened', I'm not sure it merited a switch around and, frankly, it broke some of the flow.  Well, a lot of it, actually.

Still enjoying it even if you really, really have to roll your eyes at the 'relationship' shit.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
schild
Administrator

Reply #144 on: November 27, 2015, 07:41:57 AM

adorkable

Never use this word again. Ever.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: November 27, 2015, 08:11:53 AM

Take it for what you will, but Bleeding Cool and a few other similar sources say Supergirl will cross over with Flash as part of May sweeps.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: November 27, 2015, 10:33:06 AM

Take it for what you will, but Bleeding Cool and a few other similar sources say Supergirl will cross over with Flash as part of May sweeps.

But only if the back nine episodes get ordered.. and with the primary intent of boosting ratings, as Supergirl ratings aren't that good (barely above Gotham's.. and we all know how bad that show is). Same place actually mentions the Flash/Supergirl cross-over might even be a requirement of Supergirl's back nine episodes getting the okay.

Personally? Just don't care. Couldn't stomach Supergirl past two episodes (which is sad given that it is the only super hero-ish show I've dropped -- though I never bothered to even try the new Heroes) and Flash isn't important enough to me to care. I still wouldn't watch Supergirl. That said.. the idea is dumb and only desperation is making it a possibility.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: December 08, 2015, 12:48:29 PM

No thoughts on this last episode? I was spoiled at first, and was really pissed off, because holy crap. But then I watched it this morning, and based on what Hank Henshaw said, I would have figured it out immediately.

Personally, I liked it. I don't know what they were thinking when they made that decision, but it works for me.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: December 08, 2015, 01:22:59 PM

It fits.  I think ti might stretch the budget a bit, but I'm curious to see more.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: December 08, 2015, 02:29:00 PM

Just a small reminder about your European brethren that are behind you in almost all TV.

EDIT :  Annnnnd some other cunt on a different board spoiled it.  Fuck sake.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 03:05:09 PM by Ironwood »

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: December 08, 2015, 03:03:36 PM

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: December 15, 2015, 10:14:42 AM

Is anyone not getting the SUPER heavy handed hints about Astra and Kara?

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: December 15, 2015, 10:24:10 AM

In general I am enjoying this show, mostly because I don't try to think to hard about it. However, even with the effort I am making to not deconstruct it,

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: December 15, 2015, 10:41:02 AM

In general I am enjoying this show, mostly because I don't try to think to hard about it. However, even with the effort I am making to not deconstruct it,

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: December 15, 2015, 12:32:11 PM

Because the show isn't about Superman?   awesome, for real
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: December 15, 2015, 02:17:06 PM

Because Fuck You, that's why.  And a good thing too.  I really, really don't want more fucking men spoiling my Benoist show.

Also, figured out why Olsen bothers me so much.  Thankfully, it's nothing to do with him being black.  It's to do with him being so damned handsome.  Jimmy's meant to be an utter douchecanoe and that's why it's not working for me.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: December 15, 2015, 06:22:14 PM

It's to do with him being so damned handsome.  Jimmy's meant to be an utter douchecanoe and that's why it's not working for me.
My wife said nearly the same thing to me no less than a half hour ago as she was catching up on the current episode.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: December 16, 2015, 01:10:51 AM

My wife, with little to no knowledge of Superman Mythos, is just FINE with it.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #158 on: December 16, 2015, 07:00:30 PM

He's one of the few men that my wife has deemed prettier than me. While I'm not entirely happy with it, I will accept it.

For now.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #159 on: January 07, 2016, 07:53:13 AM

I actually like the Pretty Jimmy Olsen. I mean, do we really really want Freckles McFuckstick snuggling up to Lois Lane's sister?

EDIT: I caught up to the mid-season finale and I must say, I did not see the Hank Henshaw reveal coming but was very pleasantly surprised. Also, I'm quite amazed that Cat Grant is becoming the most 3-dimensional character on the show but I'm really digging what they are doing with her.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 07:57:21 AM by HaemishM »

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: February 03, 2016, 01:28:45 PM

Yes, the idea of multiple universes crossing over is in no way crazy.  Ohhhhh, I see.
... and yet is a core aspect of many DC storylines.  Including, in a way, one that is being worked into Flash...

Nothing is guaranteed ... or off the table ... as long as the money be there.
The crossover between Flash and Supergirl, probably based upon the aforementioned Flash storyline, is going to take place. http://tvline.com/2016/02/03/flash-supergirl-crossover-episode-date-spoilers/#more-680242

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: March 26, 2016, 01:47:13 PM

This scene pretty much broke me. Cat Grant I love you. So looking forward to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU8CujX0v68

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #162 on: March 26, 2016, 04:49:23 PM

This was left off the renewal list. Probability of cancellation if numbers don't pick-up over the last few episodes left.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2927868/supergirl-canceled-cbs-leaves-supergirl-off-renewal-list-creates-rumors-about-cancellation/

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: March 26, 2016, 04:53:57 PM

This was left off the renewal list. Probability of cancellation if numbers don't pick-up over the last few episodes left.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2927868/supergirl-canceled-cbs-leaves-supergirl-off-renewal-list-creates-rumors-about-cancellation/

Looks like this crossover ep is their hail mary.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: March 26, 2016, 06:31:54 PM

They are probably waiting to announce it or something because they are already announcing guest stars and shit for next season.  Linda Carter is going to be playing the President next season for example.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: March 27, 2016, 08:45:52 AM

Tvline has a renewal tracker. They call certain shows A Sure Thing for renewal. I've never seen a sure thing not be renewed. They call this show a sure thing.

They're likely just negotiating something: number of epsodes, or perhaps a revision to the cast.

Btw: For those watching Flash and Supergirl: Tuesday's Flash takes place before Monday's Supergirl.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:54:44 PM by jgsugden »

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #166 on: March 28, 2016, 07:05:13 PM

This was a really cute ep, by the way.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: March 28, 2016, 07:30:36 PM

Yeah, I dropped this pretty early in the season but watched this episode for the Flash crossover.  Supergirl is still incredibly adorable and would keep me watching if the rest of the show wasn't so bad.  I have no idea who those two villains were but they belonged in Adam West's Batman.  Jenna Dewan Tatum is so hot is is actually distracting.  Cute episode but it only reminded me why i quit watching the show.

I am the .00000001428%
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: March 28, 2016, 08:02:51 PM

That was Live Wire and Silver Banshee, they actually aren't like d-list villains either. 
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: March 29, 2016, 02:00:28 AM

As long as Benoist is in it, I'm going to keep watching.

Sorry, hate to be 'that guy', but she's just lovely.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: March 29, 2016, 08:00:37 AM

I gotta admit she makes a pretty strong case for watching the show.

I am the .00000001428%
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #171 on: March 29, 2016, 09:56:10 AM

You have to take some cringeworthy dialogue at times, but I actually think they've done really well with this show. The episode where Supergirl goes batshit crazy from red kyrptonite exposure actually handled the whole "corrupted power of Superman" thing so much better than BvS and in less than half the time.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: March 29, 2016, 10:44:50 AM

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: March 29, 2016, 11:18:39 AM

A speed bump, if you will.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: April 01, 2016, 10:59:57 PM

I enjoyed the hell out of the Flash cross-over and I think it helped that they both enjoyed themselves so obviously and had great charisma. This show is everything the DC movies are not: fun to watch and with a grasp of the characters involved. (Minus Olsen. I don't care that he's black but Jimmy Olsen should not be a good looking man who women fight over.)

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Supergirl  
Jump to: