Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:57:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Another plane missing 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another plane missing  (Read 65507 times)
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: August 04, 2016, 11:31:34 AM

Ahh I was wrong. Didn't see reports on the other engine fires. I am going to go out on a limb and bet that poor maintenance practices on the engines are likely the cause since airline maintenance has been outsourced to low bidders by a lot of airlines to cut costs.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #141 on: August 04, 2016, 01:26:22 PM

The fire was caused by the crash not the other way around. It was a gear problem leading to a belly or partial belly landing with some chatter suggesting the pilots actually forgot to deploy the landing gear and ignored a go round instruction from the tower.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #142 on: January 22, 2019, 05:39:16 PM

No, don't worry. No one crashed.

One of my favourite plane films:

Pilotseye is a Munich based company to produces cockpit-view films from passenger flights.

One pretty well known (13 million views) 15-minute except is this Swiss Air flight of an A340 enroute to Shangai being forced to turn an engine off.

Makes it pretty good video to show to someone afraid of flying? What's the scariest thing? Engine failing. Well, turns out it's just another thing that can happen.

Also shows some pretty good CRM, the Pilot-flying, not-flying roles got a bit blurred, but still)

There are auto-translated subtitles to English. Not sure if they do the job, but the video is multi-lingual anyway: Deutsch, Schweitzerdeutsch°, English

°Like really: They say Drei - Three - "Dr-eye" as "Drüüüüü"swamp poop . The difference is bigger than between Serbian and Croatian. :P

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: January 22, 2019, 05:40:55 PM

No, don't worry. No one crashed.

One of my favourite plane films:

Airbus A340 EMERGENCY - Engine Failure

Pilotseye is a Munich based company that  produces cockpit-view films from passenger flights.
One pretty well known 15-minute excerpt is this Swiss Air flight of an A340 en route to Shanghai being forced to turn an engine off.

Makes it pretty good video to show to someone afraid of flying: What's the scariest thing? Engine failing. Well, turns out it's just another thing that can happen.
Also shows some pretty good CRM, the Pilot-flying, not-flying roles got a bit blurred, but still)

There are auto-translated subtitles to English. Not sure if they do the job, but the video is multi-lingual anyway: Deutsch, Schweitzerdeutsch°, English

°Like really: They say Drei - Three - "Dr-eye" as "Drüüüüü".  swamp poop . The difference is bigger than between Serbian and Croatian. :P
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 05:42:46 PM by calapine »

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #144 on: January 24, 2019, 11:16:24 AM

Your posting style vexes me.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: January 24, 2019, 02:39:29 PM

Your posting style vexes me.

In a good or bad way? And what is peculiar about it?

FWIW, when I am tired ordrunk my grammar suffers and entire writing style degenerates into some stream of conscious rambling. Thus all my (parernthis), and interjections and tangents. Not doing that too sound fancy but more a representation off how I think. While writing the post above I was about 2 glasses of white wine in.

Edit : I don't drink that much, but get talky when I do, which makes me post, so might look worse than it is. I'll be better this year, promised.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 02:51:07 PM by calapine »

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: January 25, 2019, 05:23:41 AM

I think the most confusing part for me was that you double posted, with the second post being subtly different.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #147 on: January 25, 2019, 06:57:09 AM

In a good or bad way? And what is peculiar about it?

Not sure if serious. I would only suggest making some time to re-read your posts at a later time, sober or otherwise.

In this particular case, I spent WAY TOO MUCH time reading both posts, trying to figure out the game.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Another plane missing  
Jump to: