Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:25:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Happy Thanksgiving. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving.  (Read 7041 times)
schild
Administrator

on: November 27, 2014, 11:28:33 AM

Wake up.

Get fat.

Sleep.

Is good holiday.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 12:55:52 PM

I slept in.  I don't have to work.  I'm lounging around all day.

Agree it's a good holiday.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 03:16:44 PM

Woke up.

Ate food and got fat.

Going to go sleep soon.

So yeah, I hit all of schild's points  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Happy Thanksgiving to the rest of you.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 04:37:55 PM

Had Thanksgiving at a co-workers apartment, then a second thanksgiving at the Hilton in Warsaw with other co-workers.  They were nice enough to offer a full spread of traditional thanksgiving dish's, as well as all you can drink wine and beer doe an extra $10.  Complete with small American flags at all the tables in the hotel restaurant.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 05:32:07 PM

Am stuffed, so stuffed.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 06:57:44 PM

Ate so much

Now sleep

Happy Thanksgiving
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 07:11:41 PM

Happy turkey and football

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 07:48:07 PM

Happy Thanksgiving

Also Coca Cola glazed ham is awesome.
WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 08:05:30 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to all. We hosted and cooked the majority of the dishes, so it was stressful. But everything turned out great and now I have another half of football to watch and pie to eat. Life could be worse.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 08:13:30 PM

Woke up.

Cooked a bunch.

Got fat.

Drank.

Took a nap.

Watched MST3K.

Watching football.

Soon will sleep.

Happy Thanksgiving!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 08:16:31 PM

Woke up.

Had much to be thankful for, as my Dad is recovering well and my new sister-in-law is still awesome.  She's always been awesome, this is just the first holiday where she's officially family.

Ate too much.

Watched Cowboys embarrass themselves on national television.

Was a good day.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Over and out.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 08:24:19 PM

Cooked thanksgiving at home for the first time with the girl, went well for some experimental dishes. Hard drive with Mst3k on it died hard right after the opening for TD version of Night of the Blood Beast. Some cartoons and early bed I suspect.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 10:17:15 PM

Went to brother in law's family house for dinner.  Ate turkey.  Coffee and pie.  Nearly half an hour of Alice's Restaurant and then Rocky Raccoon.  Then the main guitar had to be somewhere and we didn't feel like waiting until midnight for him to come back so we left.  There's usually hours of music.  Mostly The Beatles.   ACK!  I like the banjo.

I was actually sort of bummed and wasn't much in the mood for a holiday.  This morning Princess Spike, the iguana, had an accident.  He fell off his log and we think he might have broken his arm.  Why do our pets always have accidents or medical emergencies on holidays, long weekends and Sundays?  Why?  None of the emergency vet places do anything exotic... as if an iguana is exotic!  Tomorrow he goes to a proper vet.  I'm nearly sick to my stomach thinking of him being in pain this long.  He hardly moves at all and just drags his poor arm around when he does.  I've broken my arm.  I know how much it hurts before the drugs hit.  This will be a long night of no sleep.  I keep going in and checking him to make sure he's not dead.  I can't handle other creatures pain!   Heartbreak

Other than that:  YAY!  Turkey I didn't have to cook myself!!!  Hope you guys had a lovely day.  Well right up until I ruined your holiday with my sad story. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 02:51:05 AM

Happy Belated Turkey Day, F13ers.  Even weird DragonAgeHaters like schild.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 04:57:57 AM

<belch>

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 07:35:55 AM

I can't handle other creatures pain!   Heartbreak

Other than that:  YAY!  Turkey

Ohhhhh, I see.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 08:29:24 AM

Yes, yes, I know.  I am a woman of mass confusion.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 08:40:35 AM

The turkey wasn't in any pain by that point.

I finished all my eggnog off.  Debating whether to brave the Black Friday crowds to get more or if I should switch to a less festive drink for today.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 08:45:22 AM

Dinner with the family, then Cards Against Humanity with friends. Good times were had.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 09:28:46 AM

Slept in yesterday.

Lazed around while we at snacky foods and watched the Bears suck.

Warmed up the prepared ham and sides we got from Honey Baked Ham Co. and nommed well.

Took a break to let the pie cool off and space to open up in the belly.

Then had some FREAKIN' AWESOME caramel walnut apple pie from HBHC as well.

Read a lot.

It was laziness personified all around and I loved it.

Hope you're all being safe this Black Friday and not out trampling anyone for junk.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #20 on: November 28, 2014, 09:40:50 AM

I didn't do shit. Drove 2 hours to my aunt's place, ate the standard meal, stayed for an hour, drove home. I ain't mad though.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 30, 2014, 05:27:44 PM

I had nine days off in a row to play Dragon Age:  Inquisition.  My legs actually started cramping and I started feeling terrible from all the joyous catassing.  So in nine days I've played 80 hours, that's pretty good for me.

Oh and I had two Thanksgiving dinners, and saw the part of my family I like.  Good times.

Hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday.  Back to the grind tomorrow.  Sigh.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #22 on: November 30, 2014, 07:11:34 PM

I drove up to the mountains, baked some pie, fed some kittens, ate and drank too much, shot some stuff, and watched Zombieland for the umpteenth time because nobody in my family gives a fuck about football.  Still feel full.  Good times.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #23 on: November 30, 2014, 08:04:48 PM

Pie, kittens and zombies.   Heart

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #24 on: December 01, 2014, 08:48:10 AM

Made two pies, one ended up below standard.  Made my standard squash casserole, but put too much sharp cheddar in for my taste.  Awful nephew broke some things at my in-laws' place.  Bought & decorated a tree, this time with grown-people decorations.  Applied outdoor lights.  Rigged a stand for the inflatable snowmen and got that tied down in the yard.  Tacky outside, classy inside.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #25 on: December 01, 2014, 09:22:06 AM

We played golf, went to football, and ate turkey and ham. Also we had four dogs, who were all confused by each other and tried to hump even though they've been fixed. The funniest was the 95 pound lab trying to hump the 15 pound poodle/jack russell mix. It wasn't working logistically.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #26 on: December 01, 2014, 09:43:20 AM

How bout dem dawgs. why so serious?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #27 on: December 02, 2014, 09:39:32 AM

How's the iguana doing?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #28 on: December 02, 2014, 11:54:06 AM

How bout dem dawgs. why so serious?

We need a new coach, is what.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #29 on: December 02, 2014, 08:23:24 PM

The iguana is doing okay, sort of.  He's hardly eaten anything but I think that's because of pain.  :(  He also has some arthritis in his toes which doesn't help, I'm sure.  He actually didn't break anything but he injured himself pretty bad and in an awkward place.  He's really uncomfortable.  He has to have a bath every day and he's taking pain meds.  The only way to get him to open his mouth is to make him mad.  He's big and my brother in law is out of town all week so it's really hard to take care of him.  He's almost 18 years old and the vet said his organs and vitals are beyond good so .   He's very grumpy and he bit my sister today.  Ouchie.  SALMONELLA ALERT! The thing that really pisses me off is that iguanas and other crazy animals are frequently abandoned or neglected.  No one really wants them for their lifetime.  They don't belong in Pennsylvania.  They can't survive outdoors here.  A lot of people set them free in Florida which is illegal but I get why they do it.  Why kind of idiots bring animals like this to places where they don't belong and then get pissed off at the critters and dump them and leave them to die.  It makes me sick. 

Err.. rant over.  Thanks for asking though.  :)

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #30 on: December 05, 2014, 06:34:50 PM

I was in Cancun.

It was OK.  why so serious?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Happy Thanksgiving.  
Jump to: