Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:04:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: This is still fun... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This is still fun...  (Read 10495 times)
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

on: November 07, 2014, 11:33:27 PM

It seems like I've played just about every MMO released in the last year and kinda forgot about this one. However, I just started up again this week and I think this still might be my favorite. Great atmosphere, I enjoy the skill/leveling system, and you can play some serious dress-up. If there's anything that will keep me spending money, it's being able to customize the way I look extensively.

I ended up rerolling a new guy on the RP server this time around. The population is pretty good. I'm not entirely sure why I rerolled since one of the cool things about this game is the fact you can re-do quests and change out builds on the fly, but I did and I'm having a good time.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 06:31:14 AM

A friend convinced me to do the trial this week. I've put a couple days into it and am almost done with the first zone and I have not skipped a single line of quest dialog. If you know anything about my attitude towards questing and MMO storylines, that pretty much makes it standout MMO of the decade.

Not a high bar to clear, but hey.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 10:43:20 AM

The Trial ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 04:30:02 PM

You can get a trial key from somebody who has an account. Supposedly it lasts three days but it seems to work for longer.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 09:01:25 PM

You can get a trial key from somebody who has an account. Supposedly it lasts three days but it seems to work for longer.

Yeah. I just looked and can send out trial invites if anyone wants to try it. Just pm me your email address.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 07:06:45 PM

I'm sure this has been covered in years past, but this game has the most pleasant inventory system of any MMO.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 03:30:58 AM

Yeah. I just looked and can send out trial invites if anyone wants to try it. Just pm me your email address.

I did this.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 08:48:45 PM

The Halloween event (which just ended) had another fun new quest in The Broadcast, though not as fun or elaborate as The Cat-God arc (but Cat-God was done while they still had money, so it's an unfair comparison).

I just jumped back into TSW after a bit of a break, and it's really amazing how good the world still feels. This is one of those games that if you like, you are going to really like, and if you don't you are going to see no point in it at all...

That said, new content comes in at a glacial pace and not much about that is going to change, so it's the kind of game that you check back in to a couple of times a year to see what's new...
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 11:37:02 PM

I hop back in quarterly and for events. I'm 90% of the way to Panoptic Core, but then they added all the Aegis stuff too.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 12:17:29 PM

I like the world, the factions and the basic story ideas.

I just wish I wasn't wandering around fighting off packs of respawning whatevers just to make it harder/slower to get to the next quest. It would have been really radical to avoid that design path I guess, but it would also have suited some of the game's conceptual framework.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 06:17:15 PM

I like the world, the factions and the basic story ideas.

I just wish I wasn't wandering around fighting off packs of respawning whatevers just to make it harder/slower to get to the next quest. It would have been really radical to avoid that design path I guess, but it would also have suited some of the game's conceptual framework.

Mob density has always been an issue, esp. the Blue Mountain area. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: This is still fun...  
Jump to: