Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2017, 02:22:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Overwatch 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 43354 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #875 on: June 02, 2017, 01:40:33 PM

lol, the "rate this match" feature provided Blizzard with this valuable data:

We had high hopes for this feature but after a year of the game being live and an extended period in beta, all we learned from the feature was:

-New players used the Rate This Match feature more than existing players

-Players enjoy winning

-Players do not enjoy losing

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #876 on: June 02, 2017, 02:19:07 PM

It was the most worthless feature ever. No feedback outside of 1, 2, 3 score.

I rated several wins as 1 because the other team lost players or we simply steamrolled and that wasn't fun.  I rated losses 3 when it was a close competition and matchmaking seemed to have hit this glorious sweet spot where everyone was the same skill level. However, there was ZERO method for telling why I scored a match the way I did.

A shitty loss where my team swaps out 3 times in the first 30 seconds? A 1.  A great win where it's been a hard fight? A 3.  No relationship beyond that 1 or 3, though, so it's easy to say the majority were indeed not-rated to anything but a loss to a 1 and a win to a 3.

I can't get past the panties - Alluvian
I really like the cocks. - Lantyssa
People rarely believe just how good I am at sucking. - Lantyssa
I love the swinging dongs - Signe
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #877 on: June 03, 2017, 11:48:36 AM

It was the most worthless feature ever. No feedback outside of 1, 2, 3 score.

Yep.  Not really clear on what the rating was supposed to be, was it about the quality of the matchmaker, the attitude of your teammates, the balance of the characters, how much you like that specific map, how much you like Overwatch as a whole, how are we supposed to be rating this?  Seemed more like a pointless data point for the suits to me  "See, we made this change and 'fun' increased by 6.3%!"

The fact that new players used the system a lot and old players didn't, by itself, should have suggested that there were some issues with it.  That's a pattern that happens a lot when people want to give feedback but don't get any feedback themselves from doing so: it starts to feel like shouting at clouds.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #878 on: July 03, 2017, 09:59:42 AM

I've gotten back into this over the last week.   Really loving Orisa, she might be one of my favorite picks now.  Her alt fire is a thing of greatness.

I think one nice surprise is that 1v1 mode is actually kinda fun, I was expecting to hate it.  It actually helped me figure out what characters that I'm actually better at and which ones I need to work on.  It also let me practice on some characters I don't pick too often and to learn a few counter picks.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Overwatch  
Jump to: