Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:33:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Second Sin City Trailer now up 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Second Sin City Trailer now up  (Read 5340 times)
Velorath
Contributor

on: March 07, 2005, 08:06:34 PM

Available here.  Also for download here.

If you haven't seen the first trailer you can find it here among other places.

Between the two trailers, I'm really getting excited about this movie and I'm not even a huge fan of the comics (although I do like the ones I've read).
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 10:45:25 PM

Forget which show recently had the trailer for this, (Boogeyman maybe? And yes I saw it. Not bad until the ending, which totally ruined the whole movie.) but it's definitely on my to see list. Looked pretty damn interesting, if just for the way they filmed it.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 01:27:55 AM

I'm so looking forward to this. I haven't been that way for a movie in a long time, I think. I'm not some huge fan of the comics either -- I'm just excited because rarely does everything come together like this (great actors, especially Rourke, great director, Frank Miller, loyalty to the source material, etc., etc.).
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 01:33:12 AM

I still can't help but worry that Tarantino will somehow fuck everything up. Completely and totally.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 02:13:43 AM

He only directs one segment.

As someone with otherwise intelligent opinions on film, I don't see how you can't appreciate anything he does -- I'll admit that he's not worth much as a writer (I'll subscribe to the Avary theory here), but the guy's a solid director. And lucklily, Miller wrote this, not Tarantino.

As a sidenote: Rodriguez even let Miller direct a segment as well. How's that for faithfulness to the source material? That's fuckin' awesome!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 02:15:20 AM by Stray »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 07:24:53 AM

Though I don't like all his movies, I will always applaud Rodriguez for the things he does with film and for film. He even dropped his Director's Guild status just to allow Frank Miller to get directorial credit on this movie. He's an absolute film fanatic, and a decent director.

The trailers just make me want more. How can one go wrong with great source material, Clive Owen and Mickey Rourke as Sin City bad asses?

schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 10:43:01 AM

As someone with otherwise intelligent opinions on film, I don't see how you can't appreciate anything he does -- I'll admit that he's not worth much as a writer (I'll subscribe to the Avary theory here), but the guy's a solid director. And lucklily, Miller wrote this, not Tarantino.

He's not a solid director. And I guarantee he somehow got his grubby little hands on the dialogue for the bit he directed.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 12:55:51 PM

He's not a solid director. And I guarantee he somehow got his grubby little hands on the dialogue for the bit he directed.

I kind of doubt he touched any dialogue at all.  I read a comment somewhere by Clive Owen about the film, and he said something to the effect that if it was a word bubble in the comic, it was said in the movie.  I've gotten the impression the movie will be a literal direct translation from comic to film.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 12:56:53 PM

I kind of doubt he touched any dialogue at all.  I read a comment somewhere by Clive Owen about the film, and he said something to the effect that if it was a word bubble in the comic, it was said in the movie.  I've gotten the impression the movie will be a literal direct translation from comic to film.

I can only hope.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Second Sin City Trailer now up  
Jump to: