Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:21:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Secret Wars a.k.a. Future Joss Whedon Project 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Secret Wars a.k.a. Future Joss Whedon Project  (Read 9178 times)
Maven
Terracotta Army

on: October 10, 2014, 12:19:42 AM

Next event: Secret Wars

So I see a female Captain America, Iron Man vs. Iron Man, old school representations of characters, three or four Thors? I mean what the hell is going on? Why don't they just call it Marvel Wrestlemania?
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 12:24:57 AM

It's a secret.

Over and out.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 03:28:32 AM

What's the Whedon connection?
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 03:34:36 AM

Secret Wars sounds like future fodder for a Marvel Studios film, like Avengers 4 or something.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 05:31:48 AM

Next event: Secret Wars

So I see a female Captain America, Iron Man vs. Iron Man, old school representations of characters, three or four Thors? I mean what the hell is going on? Why don't they just call it Marvel Wrestlemania?

Female Cap looks like it could be American Dream from the old MC2 books. MC2 Thunderstrike looks like he's in there also on the far right. Iron Man 2020 is on there. Ghost Rider 2099. Upper-left corner looks like the Iron Avengers version of Giant-man from the Earth X stuff. Black Panther near the top could be Earth X as well. A lot of these characters seem like they're from fairly well established timelines.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 09:07:44 AM

Yeah, I don't see anything about Whedon. Looks to me like it's the conclusion of the stuff Jonathan Hickman has been doing with Avengers. The issues I just read of the regular Avengers book (26 and 27) had alternate reality Avengers appear in the 616 universe. They were all about conquest and being sociopaths to the point where they lobotomized Bruce Banner so that he could only change into the Hulk when one of the other Avengers activated a device that also controlled the Hulk - and they took turns controlling him. This may or may not have something to do with the idiotic "incursions" shit that has been going on in New Avengers as well.

tazy

Email
Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 11:44:37 PM

MC2 Thunderstrike looks like he's in there also on the far right. Iron Man 2020 is on there. Ghost Rider 2099. Upper-left corner looks like the Iron Avengers version of Giant-man from the Earth X stuff. Black Panther near the top could be Earth X as well. A lot of these characters seem like they're from fairly well established timelines.Huh?
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 04:25:32 AM

Shouldn't it be Secret Wars III?  awesome, for real

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Secret Wars a.k.a. Future Joss Whedon Project  
Jump to: