Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:20:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL 2014-2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NHL 2014-2015  (Read 86468 times)
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: November 14, 2014, 11:04:03 AM

Yeah I know...Leafs, but they are tied for 3rd in the conference.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: November 14, 2014, 01:03:20 PM

I don't hate the Bruins like some here do, but that one was too easy. I actually LIKE them for how frothy they make Canucks fans.

Plus, I don't get to post an imagine of the Leafs crushing the Bruins very often.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: November 19, 2014, 01:51:43 PM

WTB: Hockey Team, pst.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #108 on: November 20, 2014, 07:44:30 AM

Edmonton / Vancouver last night. Possibly the sloppiest, least defensively structured game I've seen all year, but damn if it wasn't entertaining. Never seen so many goals scored from range in one game.

Pinnizotto gets in to his 17th career game at age 30 and scores his first career goal, and gets a Gordie Howe hat trick to boot. I didn't even get upset at the goalie interference call on Burrows (though Scrivens oversold it with the head jerk). Vancouver scores 3 seconds in to a powerplay with an absolute laser from Vrbata, and then Edmonton comes back and score two in 11 seconds. Crazy game.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #109 on: November 20, 2014, 11:03:31 AM

Yeah it was an entertaining game, but I would have wanted to kill Miller if the offense hadn't kept up. He is shaky as hell.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: November 20, 2014, 10:17:53 PM

Yeah it was an entertaining game, but I would have wanted to kill Miller if the offense hadn't kept up. He is shaky as hell.

I haven't been very impressed with Miller at all and Lack hasn't been much better.  They really should have made things right with Luongo and apologized for all the shit they made him swallow the past few years because he is clearly better than both of those guys and has played exceptionally well for a bad Florida team.  The Canucks are lucky they're scoring at a good pace, with the Sedins returning to form and clicking with Vrbata and Bonino becoming a real solid 2nd line centre.  I don't think they've missed Kesler at all this season.  That was a nice trade with Anaheim, esp. when compared the absolute shit sandwich of a deal they made with Florida.
WayAbvPar

Reply #111 on: November 21, 2014, 11:28:45 AM

I wonder if they will keep Horvat all season. He has to be getting close to the 10 game limit, and hadn't done much until last night. If he can win faceoffs like he did last night then he could easily center a line all year. Not sure that playing with 4th liners is the best way to nurture his scoring touch though, and they REALLY need him to be a scorer.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #112 on: November 21, 2014, 12:21:40 PM

I suspect they wont keep him up just because his direct competition for the spot is Lyndon Vey, who would have to clear waivers to be sent down.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: November 21, 2014, 06:06:56 PM

So apparently, in response to the jersey throwing stuff, the Leafs players got together ahead of the game and decided that if they win (which is a pretty big if), they'd snub the fans and not do a salute.

Sounds like a pretty mature leadership group they have in that room. I expect big things from that team.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
WayAbvPar

Reply #114 on: November 21, 2014, 06:12:29 PM

How dare those people who pay literally hundreds of dollars per seat expect a team to not let in 9 goals a game? Talk about entitlement issues!

Pity Phil Kessel doesn't have the ball to stand up to his retard teammates. This sounds precisely like I have always imagined Dion Phaneuf. God he is a loathsome toad.

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: November 21, 2014, 06:17:04 PM

Phil was supposedly one of the ring leaders. He was acting very petulant the other day too.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: November 21, 2014, 06:19:13 PM

What a group of professionals.

I'd have a pretty hard time giving that organization my money if I were a Leafs fan.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #117 on: November 21, 2014, 06:20:25 PM

So apparently, in response to the jersey throwing stuff, the Leafs players got together ahead of the game and decided that if they win (which is a pretty big if), they'd snub the fans and not do a salute.

Sounds like a pretty mature leadership group they have in that room. I expect big things from that team.

That's amazing. Making millions of dollars and then telling the people who pay your salary that they are fuckers.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #118 on: November 21, 2014, 06:21:44 PM

Phil was supposedly one of the ring leaders. He was acting very petulant the other day too.

Oh I am sure he was. I just wanted to make a cheap joke  awesome, for real

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: November 21, 2014, 10:14:25 PM

HAHAHAHA!!!!  Milan Lucic gets dropped with one punch like the bitch he is then takes a cheap shot once he gets up and the linesmen have the other guy tied up.  Once again, Lucic gets shown up as the most overrated "tough guy" in the NHL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sc_3uRQNtM#t=52
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: November 22, 2014, 03:23:31 PM

I wish I could say that this is the first time the Leaf's bench has told the fanbase to fuck itself.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: November 28, 2014, 02:12:16 PM

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: November 29, 2014, 08:23:23 AM

HAHAHAHA!!!!  Milan Lucic gets dropped with one punch like the bitch he is then takes a cheap shot once he gets up and the linesmen have the other guy tied up.  Once again, Lucic gets shown up as the most overrated "tough guy" in the NHL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sc_3uRQNtM#t=52

I think the departure of a few tough guys has exposed Milan's clown show.

As for Leafs.  Yes it was foolish, but this is a really stupid story manufactured by the media.  As soon a Leaf looks sideways at someone every media in the country drops everything. Leaf fans don't give a shit about some stick waggle, they want wins. I mean "OH NO! they broke a tradition that goes back...18 months!"

BTW Senators stopped doing it. Nobody batted an eye. Media and fans alike.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: November 29, 2014, 10:10:58 AM

Leafs brought it entirely on themselves, so fuck em, they can deal with the manufactured controversy of their OWN MAKING.

Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: November 29, 2014, 10:54:14 AM

Leafs brought it entirely on themselves, so fuck em, they can deal with the manufactured controversy of their OWN MAKING.

There is no controversy. Every time the "insiders" start arguing it fans just groan. Leaf fans want wins and other fans are sick of hearing about it.

Of course none of this takes away from the fact that they are still a endless source of comedy.  Or that their players have over inflated opinion of themselves.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 11:09:19 AM by Special J »
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: November 30, 2014, 02:26:16 AM

So the Flames win again.  I still can't believe how well they're doing.  I expected the wheels to come off about 10 games ago.  Barring injuries, they actually might make the playoffs.  Hudler has quietly turned into one of the better forwards in the league, Gaudreau seems like the real deal and a good candidate to win rookie of the year, both goalies have been solid and Giordano and Brodie are arguably the best defensive pairing in the NHL right now, with Giordano a frontrunner for the Norris trophy.  A hard working team thats fun to watch and easy to get behind...the exact opposite of the Oilers.  Nothing exemplifies that more than the games they played last weekend.  Both team were down 2-0 early in the 1st but they both responded differently to it.  Oiler players had a look on their faces like "Oh no, here we go again" and basically gave up after that point while the Flames looked determined to win even after they fell behind again by 2 goals twice more before tying it up with 2 goals with their net empty.  Just getting a single point after being down 4-2 with less than 3 mins to play might have been a small victory but the Flames seemed to want that extra point and went on to win in the shootout.  Taylor Hall is the only Oiler that looks like he gives a damn if they win or lose and I don't know how much longer that will last if they keep losing.
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: December 01, 2014, 07:46:54 AM

Calgary's top D top 4 is a treat, really slick. Giordano and Brodie might trail off that point per game production tho, don't know how sustainable it is.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: December 02, 2014, 08:15:56 AM

So the Flames win again.  I still can't believe how well they're doing.  I expected the wheels to come off about 10 games ago.  Barring injuries, they actually might make the playoffs.  Hudler has quietly turned into one of the better forwards in the league, Gaudreau seems like the real deal and a good candidate to win rookie of the year, both goalies have been solid and Giordano and Brodie are arguably the best defensive pairing in the NHL right now, with Giordano a frontrunner for the Norris trophy.  A hard working team thats fun to watch and easy to get behind...the exact opposite of the Oilers.  Nothing exemplifies that more than the games they played last weekend.  Both team were down 2-0 early in the 1st but they both responded differently to it.  Oiler players had a look on their faces like "Oh no, here we go again" and basically gave up after that point while the Flames looked determined to win even after they fell behind again by 2 goals twice more before tying it up with 2 goals with their net empty.  Just getting a single point after being down 4-2 with less than 3 mins to play might have been a small victory but the Flames seemed to want that extra point and went on to win in the shootout.  Taylor Hall is the only Oiler that looks like he gives a damn if they win or lose and I don't know how much longer that will last if they keep losing.

I went to that game vs. Jersey on the Saturday and the 'dome was as loud as I have heard it since the '04 playoff run. It was absolutely roaring. I debated not renewing my season tickets this year, but I certainly haven't regretted it so far.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: December 02, 2014, 02:45:16 PM

Stanley Cup Recipe
The team comments are priceless... Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 02:56:40 PM by Shannow »

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: December 02, 2014, 03:25:24 PM

Stanley Cup Recipe
The team comments are priceless... Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Sean McIndoe is a fantastic hockey writer and a worthy follow if you are on twitter https://twitter.com/downgoesbrown

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #130 on: December 02, 2014, 04:17:40 PM

Dallas Stars: I made this once and it turned out just right. I didn’t follow all the directions exactly, but that’s no big deal. It’s not like anyone’s going to care about one errant step.

HAHAHAHAHA

Buffalo fans still shout NO GOAL at me when I wear my Cup Shirt.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: December 03, 2014, 12:53:45 AM

Downgoesbrown is the only sports blog thing I actually read outside of the constant stream of random baseball articles Sjofn throws at me.

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: December 03, 2014, 12:00:42 PM

lol the last 5 are got me rolling
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #133 on: December 04, 2014, 11:07:27 AM

Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: December 04, 2014, 09:24:20 PM

And tonight Alfie retires properly, and we forget that whole Detroit thing ever happened.

WayAbvPar

Reply #135 on: December 05, 2014, 09:12:06 AM

Suck it,  Pens.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #136 on: December 05, 2014, 09:15:00 AM

I will fight you.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #137 on: December 05, 2014, 06:44:44 PM

Flyers apparently are trying to make a run for McDavid.  swamp poop

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: December 06, 2014, 01:50:09 PM

Flyers apparently are trying to make a run for McDavid.  swamp poop

No one can best the Oilers at tanking.

No one.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #139 on: December 07, 2014, 12:19:44 PM

http://imgur.com/gallery/tdIhQ

This made me laugh a bit.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL 2014-2015  
Jump to: