Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:53:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Shadow of Revan. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shadow of Revan.  (Read 62678 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 02, 2014, 08:25:32 PM

Patch is over 3 gigs, so grab a coffee or something.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 02, 2014, 08:31:05 PM

Oh shit is this today?  I'm still mucking about in Dragon Age 3!  fake edit: OK never mind.  I don't get access until the 9th, I'll be done with DA by then.  Of course I have a lengthy dentist appointment after work and Guardians of the Galaxy is released that day too...shit.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 03, 2014, 12:49:30 AM

This expansion is superior to Makeb if for no other reason then I can actually walk from point A to point B without having to clear 500 chain stunning mobs along the way.

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 03, 2014, 06:13:22 AM

Already missing the 12x XP gain - wish I'd realised before Sunday that it affected Makeb experience too!

What I currently can't get over is how squidgy my assassin feels now. Only recently got it up to 50+ and finished my Chapter 3 story yesterday but oh my god it was painful. If I used Khem Val, the mobs would sneeze at him and he'd fall over even though I'm 52 and they're 49. If I used Talos then he could heal fine and I'd have survivability but I couldn't get behind my opponent.

(I am fully aware that a- my companion gear is not quite as good as it should be but majority of it was on level and b- I have no idea how to play any of my characters at the moment. I'm even afraid to go back to my 55 Vanguard to check out new content!)

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 03, 2014, 10:15:02 AM

Tanking Vanguards play exactly the same, they just have some marginal efficiency buffs and extra status effects. In terms of like rotation and play style though, nothing is different.

Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 03, 2014, 08:52:22 PM

If you can get Treek(I think thats his name) he is a superior companion, heals, tanks and good DPS.  Also, I agree about this expansion vs Makeb, far better
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #41 on: December 03, 2014, 10:36:32 PM

Ewok
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 04, 2014, 02:14:35 AM

If you can get Treek(I think thats his name) he is a superior companion, heals, tanks and good DPS.  Also, I agree about this expansion vs Makeb, far better

I was going to get him the other day when he was 50% off in the Cartel Market. But I was out of coins and the site wouldn't let me buy more (which was probably a blessing in disguise). You're right about Vanguard though - plays pretty much the same as normal and, because I'm a fuckwit, I didn't even use Pulse Cannon because I didn't see it in my abilities list and thought they'd removed it.

Thoroughly enjoying playing this again. My OCD tells me I should finish up Makeb but I'm tempted to skip it and start on the new content.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 04, 2014, 08:41:36 AM

Why can't all the companions have heal/tank/dps stances? I didn't realize the ewok could fit any role. Makes me even angrier about the removal of companion roles, since they put in a goddamned ewok that could do it.

Here's my confession: Imo there were only 2 1/2 SW movies, about half of Jedi doesn't count because fucking ewoks. I'd rather watch a padme and anniken love scene than midgets in furry suits. Alright, maybe not, but once you get into the cesspool, it's all varying degrees of decomposing shit.

Ahem.

I think I burned out a bit playing my Agent to 48 or wherever I got to on him. I don't know how you guys play these for years on end (mmo in general).
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #44 on: December 04, 2014, 11:31:56 AM

Treek only has tank and heal stances, not dps.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 04, 2014, 05:46:50 PM

Why can't all the companions have heal/tank/dps stances?

I think it's because companions only have 10 abilities, of which 2 are stances (so 8 abilities).  You look at a tank companion, you take the Tank stance off and put him on DPS, and it still has 4 abilities that "cause high threat" and 2 taunts, which can be a pretty big issue if you're the tank and want the companion to be DPS.   Same with the healer; you put the healer on DPS and half of its abilities are still heals.

Also, each class has appropriate companions.  Healer classes get tank companions first, then DPS'ers, then healers.  Tank classes get DPS'ers and healer, then tanks.  Everyone gets 5 companions because in Bio's mind there are 5 categories:  Ranged Tank, Melee Tank, Ranged DPS, Melee DPS, and Healer.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: December 04, 2014, 10:01:06 PM

The Final boss for the storyline is completely fucked and bugged. So uh, have fun spinning the wheel and seeing if you get the working or broken version.  why so serious?

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: December 05, 2014, 12:49:45 PM

I have gotten the working one twice so far.   awesome, for real
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 05, 2014, 02:04:49 PM

I had to just die and reset the fight like four or five times before it obliged to give me a proper one.

Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 06, 2014, 10:42:43 AM

How's the story?
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: December 06, 2014, 11:18:50 AM

I personally like it and the layout of the new areas.  The ability to go solo mode for the fp's during the story is a good touch as well.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 09, 2014, 07:57:07 AM

Is anyone else having issues with lag and delays with using skills?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: December 09, 2014, 10:37:19 AM

Yes, everyone is once they hit the new zones. I don't know if it's just a load thing or what, but the ability delay is pretty awful in certain places.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: December 12, 2014, 04:01:07 PM

I've made it to level 57 and at Rishi.  Overall I am pleased with this expansion.  The ability lag annoys, but I like how this is laid out.  After the gearing up flashpoints I finally get to a planet and it's nicely done.  The city is very appealing and I am really enjoying the story line.  Star Wars has that lived in look and Rishi has the same.  Makeb was too fractured, it was so obviously a quest hub it was painful.  The new skill system may be a copy of WoW dropping the talent trees, but I like the new powers my bounty hunter has. 

It's very nice to have new voice acted scenes and there was even a small scene between some of my crew, which was VERY welcome.  I'd like the next expansion to flesh out my crew, I know a lot of their quests got cut; it would be great to see more interaction with my crew.  Mako, Blizz and Galt are familiar but what about Skadge and Torian?  You could use existing planets, just have quest lines for some of them. 

Anyway, this game is starting to show its age, but this xpac with new voice acting and a new story breathes life back into SWTOR, at least briefly.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: December 17, 2014, 05:44:03 PM

3rd anniversary event vendor guy on Fleet has a bunch of nice house decorations available for free. Mostly a bunch of paintings, also a neat galaxy display thing and a fireworks launcher.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: December 17, 2014, 05:58:52 PM

3rd anniversary event vendor guy on Fleet has a bunch of nice house decorations available for free. Mostly a bunch of paintings, also a neat galaxy display thing and a fireworks launcher.

Where is he?  I've been playing the expansion and would love to get some free stuff.

Found it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 11:04:19 PM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: December 18, 2014, 04:43:26 PM

Infographic thing they did for the anniversary:

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #57 on: December 18, 2014, 05:32:07 PM

I'm going to sign up for another 2 month game card in January most likely and buy this.

Will I be pissed? I hated Makeb.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: December 18, 2014, 06:51:19 PM

In hindsight, Makeb sucked.  I like the new planet, Rishi, it has a great town in it, full of character.  The wilderness looks a bit weird but it IS an alien planet.  I've already got my $20 worth and I've not made it to Yavin 4.  I like my new BH abilities as well.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: December 18, 2014, 11:28:19 PM

This is a good bit better than Makeb, IMO.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: December 19, 2014, 08:04:36 AM

Where is he?  I've been playing the expansion and would love to get some free stuff.

Found it.
Thanks for sharing  why so serious?
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: December 19, 2014, 11:23:14 AM

I've been subbed for two months and I still haven't set foot in my 'stronghold'.  Why? Did Luke have a fancy palace?  No.  He built his lightsaber in a cave with a box of scraps!

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: December 19, 2014, 12:21:22 PM

It's exactly where you'd expect a decorations vendor to be, in the Strongholds spot on the Fleet.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: December 19, 2014, 12:27:28 PM

Thanks, Ingmar. I haven't been there, so I didn't think of it.

Strongholds are awesome, though. Fast transport + GTN/mail/legacy vault.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: December 19, 2014, 12:28:36 PM

You don't want to know how many credits I've sunk into buying and crafting decorations.  ACK!

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: January 17, 2015, 07:38:54 AM

Just patched, don't understand any of this game anymore.

Arg.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: January 17, 2015, 10:54:46 PM

Ditto, the change kind of threw me and I haven't played since.

Found out a buddy of mine plays, so I'll have to jump in and figure it out at some point, I guess. Would be nice if they explained it in game.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: January 19, 2015, 03:20:00 AM

The talents are all different, the items seem different, I have a TON of free orange shit now that I don't know if I should keep or not, I can't remember where I was questing, there are apparently strongholds, but it doesn't tell you how when or where.

Arg.

It really hurts my head when all I want to do is Sith a Bitch.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: January 19, 2015, 04:49:28 AM

If the free orange shit you're talking about is the starfighter stuff then I think it's only worth keeping if you a) you like how it looks and b) you find you have a load of mods for your gear.  As all the planetary commendations are now the same type, you can earn shed loads and gear up without looking like a clown. (My SW is in a mix of the two Imp pilot outfits for the most part).

You don't need to now about strongholds much although there are some useful aspects to owning one - legacy bank mostly but also a way of quick travelling between ship and back. (If you're still in the guild, you should be able to go to the Guild stronghold and have a look).  Other than that, it's housey decorating stuff (along the lines of LOTRO more than SWG).

The new talent tree is simpler from the point of view that you don't really have to worry about it at every level.  You get all the major skills for your tree as you level then get extra "points" every 10 levels or so which you can buy optional passive talents. (That is a very basic overview - sure someone else can give you more details).

As for other new stuff - I tried Starfighter and couldn't get on with it and I have no idea about the planetary conquest stuff at all.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #69 on: January 19, 2015, 08:38:13 AM

I signed up for this and a two month card. It's way different when you open it, but you can fix it fast. The only thing I don't like is how much gear they throw at you twice in a row. You basically upgrade, and then immediately replace it.

Oh and huuuuuuuuge pet peeve. Personal instances. Such bullshit. They've made duoing less fun.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Shadow of Revan.  
Jump to: