Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:54:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 5  (Read 20114 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: September 17, 2014, 05:45:07 PM

Getting towards the end of the regular season now, only three game days left to secure a place in the playoffs. Nobody is out for sure yet but, for some the chance is purely mathematical.

Here are the results from day 4:

And the fixtures for day 5:

The deadline for these matches is Sunday 28th September.

Finally, here are the rankings after four game days:

After his highscoring thriller versus Teleku, Ramas keeps up his unbroken record to stay at the top of Division 1. Avaia is likewise unbeaten and ascendant in division 2. In both divisions, second and third places look safe enough with the last playoff spot still within reach of 3 or 4 players. Bottom two in each division are theoretically in with a chance of reaching the playoffs still but it requires some very specific stars to align first.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 05:58:52 PM

Five games straight against Europeans!  It's a good thing I can find some time to play at work every now and then.  What's a good time for you, Sir T?  I'm GMT -5.  I can play some early Saturday my time, and nearly any time Sunday.  After that, my next week is spotty, but a game could be had at the right time.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 08:51:24 PM

Time to get the claws out!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 09:51:25 PM

I was saying to proudfoot, I think I might have to reroll into a flair team next season. Starting to get a bit heavy with all these bruiser teams.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 01:19:29 AM

Satael I am pretty sure you are a UKish timezone so are you free to play around 8pm either Friday or Saturday this week?
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 04:08:25 AM

Satael I am pretty sure you are a UKish timezone so are you free to play around 8pm either Friday or Saturday this week?
¨

Ukish (Finland) and I should be available.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 04:49:44 AM

Coo will keep an eye out for you on steam tomorrow night.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 05:16:40 PM

oh god how did this get here I am not good with blood bowl
Wolvens Requiem
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 05:26:50 PM

Dice were not in proudft favour here!

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 06:52:36 PM

hi again teleku! i don't remember where in central europe you are now but i'm still PST.  find me this weekend, maybe?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 06:03:41 AM

Snuffleorc! I'm available (UK time) most of tomorrow, and am eldeac on steam, Ramas is blood bowl.

What TZ are you based in?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 08:17:27 AM

hi again teleku! i don't remember where in central europe you are now but i'm still PST.  find me this weekend, maybe?
We have a 9 hour difference, so it will probably have to be.  Sunday would probably work best (my evening, your early after noon), but might be able to swing Saturday.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 11:07:46 AM

Ericswiftblade:

I'm unfortunately quite busy over the next few days. I can get a game in around noon my time Saturday the 20th (which I think would be 8 pm your time as you're GMT?) That could move forward or back about an hour if needed.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 12:33:17 PM

Megrim, I'm around all weekend and I'm Euro timezone. I don't have you in my Steam friendslist and I don't see you in the f13 group either. Let me know when is good for you to play.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 01:59:24 PM

Gutted 1 - Chaos String Theorists 0

Really hard match and if I hadn't been playing more like elves than chaos this could easily have ended in a draw or worse for me. Satael had 100k in inducements so took 2 babes for his cash. Satael won the toss and elected to receive and managed to KO my minotaur on the opening drive which proved problematical afterwards since he had block and guard on a couple of his CW's so breaking a cage would be more difficult. In the end I got lucky and didn't need to cage break as Satael opened my centre and tried to run his beastman through for a next turn score. Luckily for me I make a dodge and blitz the ball free then a nice scatter launch sends it up the field in a good position for me and while I can't turn the intercept into a score I get the ball deep enough into Satael's half that he cannot score either. I lost 3 players to KO and injured one of Sataels that half but when the second half kicked off all my KO's woke up giving me a full lineup against 10.

Second half starts very well for me with a solid cage forming and taking another 2 of Sataels players off (unfortunately one was a -move injury for a CW) but a silly dodge decision by me left an opening that the minotaur took full advantage of and I kept on blowing re-rolls to get rid of the claw beastman so by turn 12 I was out of re-rolls and suddenly things were looking a little less rosy in the garden. Satael kills one of my beastmen then with the next block kills my +str CW, which was thankfully saved by the apothecary, so the numbers are evening up though I still have a slight advantage due to finally KO'ing the claw beastman and with a lot of jiggling I manage the clear the markers around the ball and pick it up with my +move BM who makes a break for the endzone. Satael managed to mark me but it's only one guy and I blitz him clear to score on turn 14.

2 turns to score and down to 8 plays 10 so things not looking great but I put the kick out of bounds and Satael does a hand off to a BM on the LOS and then does a great job of clearing a run path and marking the only guys who can blitz him so for my last turn of the match with no re-rolls I move a marker into place on 2 GFI's and then dodge a blitzer away who takes down the carrier and the ball falls out of bounds and with a decent return and nothing in score range the match ends 1-0.

I got seriously lucky in this match and was often playing more like elves than Chaos making 8 out of 11 dodges and 2 of those were pretty much no hope desperation dodges and when the dice mattered I got what I needed though it wasn't looking promising in the first half with my pre-occupation with getting rid of the claw guy meaning I was blowing re-rolls for no reason so a lot of my plays were shit or bust after turn 4 and they mostly worked out. Well played match that really made me sweat for the victory.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 02:12:02 PM

Ulysees played well deserving the win and showed me that I really should do more agi stuff with chaos team (as I had 0/1 dodges compared to his 8/11).
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 06:10:14 PM

Megrim, I'm around all weekend and I'm Euro timezone. I don't have you in my Steam friendslist and I don't see you in the f13 group either. Let me know when is good for you to play.

You do on both counts, I just changed my nick in honour of Techies being released in DotA2.

Also, I'll be playing pen&paper most of Sat, so I will try to catch you asap.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 07:09:17 PM

Well I looked at the shattered remnents of my team and, well the guys that leveled up are dead and one guy had a broken neck which gave a -1 agi penalty, so he got shown the door. At this rate I should be playing undead  why so serious?

Anyway, Jrudvalt, I'm UK time, and tomorrow I'm gonna be visiting my mom so its not good for me, the weekend anytime should be good though, or next week. You can look for me in steam under sir_T

Hic sunt dracones.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 11:04:01 PM

Ericswiftblade:

I'm unfortunately quite busy over the next few days. I can get a game in around noon my time Saturday the 20th (which I think would be 8 pm your time as you're GMT?) That could move forward or back about an hour if needed.

Hey,

I'm away all weekend, and also away Wednesday to Friday. So, can either do Monday or Tuesday evening  my time (GMT) or next weekend.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Monty
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 20, 2014, 12:44:14 AM

Ramas - what time zone are you in? I am in the UK (as it still is).

I am away most of this weekend, but might be back in time for a game Sunday evening.
If not, then Tuesday through to Thursday evenings look best at the moment.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 20, 2014, 02:16:23 PM

Avaia, you about today? Ill be around from about 5 hours from now if you are?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 20, 2014, 03:11:22 PM

I am away most of this weekend, but might be back in time for a game Sunday evening.

I am also on UK time, Sunday evening sounds great.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #22 on: September 20, 2014, 03:20:24 PM

Ericswiftblade:

Hey,

I'm away all weekend, and also away Wednesday to Friday. So, can either do Monday or Tuesday evening  my time (GMT) or next weekend.

Hm, OK. Those two evenings are smack in the middle of my work day, so it will have to be the next weekend then. Maybe my Friday night your Saturday morning?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 20, 2014, 05:54:14 PM

Avaia, you about today? Ill be around from about 5 hours from now if you are?

I'm around.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: September 20, 2014, 09:06:10 PM

The Chaos battle was had. It was a curious affair, with neither side doing much damage for the first two thirds of the game (I did injure his beast twice, but both regenerated) before I went on a lucky injury run in the second and then scored in the 14th to set up a tense finish. When the KO rolls came up 11 to 6 in my favour I was in with a sniff, but no rerolls meant the pickup, throw and catch needed to win was unlikely, and the pickup failed.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #25 on: September 21, 2014, 05:29:23 AM

Megrim got robbed by Skaven bullshit. The remnants of my team after the shivving from Avaia took the pitch. I had 4 MNGs including my star Gutter Runner, Rat Ogre and a couple of experienced linerats. The Khorne team took rats off with depressing regularity and formed cages that I had no real chance to break. As expected they bludgeoned their way down the pitch to score on turn 8 - at which point I was down to 5 rats on the pitch.

All the action came in the second half. I set up a run-throw-run play to try and even the score quickly and failed a catch leaving the ball close to a scrum in the Chaos half of the pitch. The Gift cleared away all the rats, grabbed the ball and sent a cultist back towards the Skaven endzone down the sideline. I had no real cage breaking tools and didn't have the numbers to try and block the cage from grinding its way on. There was always the power of bullshit however. The Chaos ball carrier was against a sideline with support in front and behind. I marked the two corners and had my Strip Ball Stormvermin charge across the pitch, into three tacklezones and get a push on a 1d block to send both the cultist and the ball off the pitch. The crowd threw the ball back in to the Skaven half and I was able to get a rat onto it and throw down the pitch. The throw was wide however and went off the sidelines again. This time the crowd threw it back into roughly the middle, the Chaos team pounced on it and fluffed the pickup. I pushed a cultist away from my preferred reciever, made a dodge, a pickup and another dodge with my thrower to get the ball within a short pass of an unmarked Gutter Runner, then realised that I didn't need to take the risk of handing off to the receiver I'd originally picked. The GR with the ball scampered to safety and waited until turn 16 to even the score while the rest of the team frantically scrambled away from danger. A short hop across the line on the last turn of the game followed by a mostly impotent round of violence to rats to finish up and we were done. One MNG for the Skaven, no injuries at all for the Daemons.

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: September 21, 2014, 10:55:52 AM

Ericswiftblade:

Hey,

Hm, OK. Those two evenings are smack in the middle of my work day, so it will have to be the next weekend then. Maybe my Friday night your Saturday morning?

That should work.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 21, 2014, 02:06:49 PM

I am also on UK time, Sunday evening sounds great.

What's your steam name? I see no Montys or Snuffleorcs on the f13 bloodbowl group.

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 21, 2014, 09:07:16 PM

no sign of teleku but i've also been a little scarce with yet another wedding and some guests from out of town.  free evenings PST this week and i can probably steal away some time during the day if we plan it out carefully!
Monty
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 21, 2014, 11:27:07 PM

What's your steam name? I see no Montys or Snuffleorcs on the f13 bloodbowl group.

Not sure, as don't always use steam. Probably either snuffleorc or mcsnaga
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 22, 2014, 08:13:08 AM

no sign of teleku but i've also been a little scarce with yet another wedding and some guests from out of town.  free evenings PST this week and i can probably steal away some time during the day if we plan it out carefully!
What time where you on Sunday?  Didn't see you online when ever I checked.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 22, 2014, 10:13:25 AM

What time where you on Sunday?  Didn't see you online when ever I checked.
4ish to 9ish, with some occasional breaks to eat and so forth.  any windows open for you?  my tonight is probably shot and wednesday's iffy but otherwise flexible.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: September 22, 2014, 10:25:45 AM

Ah, ok.  4 PM PST is 1 AM here, heh.  Went to bed by then.

Only way we can pull this off is if you can be ready to play at maybe 3 PM at the latest.  If thats not going to work for weekdays, will probably have to wait till the weekend.

-Stephen Colbert
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 22, 2014, 10:38:50 AM

Ah, ok.  4 PM PST is 1 AM here, heh.  Went to bed by then.

Only way we can pull this off is if you can be ready to play at maybe 3 PM at the latest.  If thats not going to work for weekdays, will probably have to wait till the weekend.

i can take a long lunch break one of these days as long as i plan it out in advance.  thursday, maybe?  could do wednesday too as long as we're quick and start a little early.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: September 22, 2014, 01:24:49 PM

Sure.  Give me the exact times you want, and I can make sure I'm ready at that time.

-Stephen Colbert
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 5  
Jump to: