Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:26:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Bat Country corp update 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country corp update  (Read 14372 times)
Endie
Terracotta Army

on: August 21, 2014, 07:05:59 AM

I thought I should post an update here to keep those of you who still keep tabs on Bat Country or on Eve Online in general.

Bat Country has been in Goonswarm Federation now for four years.  Although our alliance currently bestrides the narrow world of Eve like a Colossus, we joined it when it was only a few days old, and when Goons only held space because of a chat some good-looking, suave, personable and charmingly modest Scotsman had with Silmaril, head of TCF.  Now, however, we run a coalition that holds everything from Querious round to Vale: essentially, half of the universe.  This makes us everyone’s target, and we fight constantly to defend it.

Bat Country ourselves are a strong but small corporation: the 14th biggest in the alliance and with 200 characters (probably 80 actual people).  There are hundreds of corporations in our bloc, the CFC, but the delicate little flower which is Bat Country has the fifth-highest number of supercapitals of them all: almost a quarter of our members have a titan or supercarrier at the moment.

Bat Country runs the widely-feared Goonfleet Intelligence Agency, and are known across nullsec’s leadership as a result.  Every director and leader of the GIA since 2011 has been a long-standing member of Bat Country.  We’ve killed numerous alliances and won numerous wars, from White Noise to Fountain, due to turning spies and intercepting comms at vital times.

We usually have four or five alliance-level directors in the corp, and numerous other directors hang out on our Teamspeak server, usually playing other games like DotA, Elite: Dangerous, APB or whatever this week’s flash in the pan turns out to be.

We also invented and run the highsec ganking group for Goonswarm – the Ministry of Love – who are responsible for the hugely successful ice interdiction campaigns as well as the annual, news-making Burn Jita weekends.  I think that no other small corporation in Eve impacts the game in as many ways nor as deeply.

We maintain the weekly roam tradition that we started back in lowsec in 2008, and we passed an impressive landmark when we lost our first corporation titan in lowsec space only a couple of weeks ago: kudos to all involved for making this red letter day possible.  For reference, never nominate someone to be your bridging titan if their name is “Mr W33ds”.  Every week – usually on a Saturday in crossover EU/Anzac/US time – twenty or more of us jump into something fast like caracals, Stabber Fleet Issues or interceptors (Erebuses are now off the menu) and indulge in the traditional form of elite PvP which constitutes finding something weaker and pounding on it.

We are about to augment this by running bomber squads to blow up people on strat ops.  We have thirty-five people signed-up for this initiative already, and the hope is that it will give us another way to avoid flying in tremendously long strat ops F1ing primaries.  This is a great way for a small corp to make a huge impact and the time taken to fly a bomb-launching hound from a day zero character is just over a month, so it’s not something new characters cannot aspire to doing.

If you have any questions, ask away.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 07:11:44 AM

I have a love hate relationship with your posts. They always make me want to get back in, but I know that it is not possible because I know that EVE will make my grades drop.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 07:46:12 AM

I wonder which part of this post will be used in Lenny Lowcut's eventual attempt to discredit Bat Country.

Unrelated to all that, Mr W33ds is a goddamn hero.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 08:28:15 AM

Your posts always make me wish I liked EvE enough to return.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 10:51:53 AM

This isn't the hard sell, just an update for those who follow us.  I'm afraid that just listing what Bat Country does in a matter-of-fact way sounds impressive, because we are awesome.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 03:30:10 PM

What exactly is bombing runs?  I remember reading about it when looking at the goon squad forums but didn't really see a good description of what it is and why it's useful.

I wish I had the free time to give Eve a fair chance again.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 03:35:02 PM

What exactly is bombing runs?  I remember reading about it when looking at the goon squad forums but didn't really see a good description of what it is and why it's useful.

I wish I had the free time to give Eve a fair chance again.
Bombing runs are simple. A bunch of people load up in bombers (tiny cloaking frigates). Then in organized fashion everybody warps to a certain point locks a target and releases the bombs. Then everybody warps away while sipping on the tears of broken dreams.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 03:35:34 PM

Anything interesting coming out with Hyperion?

- Viin
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 05:47:19 AM

Bombing runs are simple. A bunch of people load up in bombers (tiny cloaking frigates). Then in organized fashion everybody warps to a certain point locks a target and releases the bombs. Then everybody warps away while sipping on the tears of broken dreams.

More specifically, bombs are one of the only area-of-effect weapons in the game and don't actually require lock time.  So an organized team can warp in and catch whole fleets unawares.

Here's an example that turned up with a bit of quick Googling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZuLuScOI4g

Look at those dumb Goons getting bombed!
WayAbvPar

Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 09:20:00 AM

I have a several month old neutral alt I have been cooking for high sec ganking purposes. Is Miniluv all GEWNS characters, or do you use alts as well? My other two characters are in Goonwaffe.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 01:29:18 PM

Alts are fine, but you have to be in the CFC at least on one character so you can join Mumble and coordinate.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 02:03:44 AM

Eve needs another Great War. The 3rd one. The war that ends all gods. I'd come back for that.

Is VFK still the capital, or has it moved?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 04:04:54 AM

Eve needs another Great War. The 3rd one. The war that ends all gods. I'd come back for that.

Is VFK still the capital, or has it moved?

We did move it recently.  I think it is YAO now but I could be wrong: we run our ops from all over the map but never Deklein.  Last night's was out of F2OY, the week before from Juddi, the week before that from Deven and so on.

Twitter - Endieposts

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 04:15:32 PM

Not what I needed to read as I'm finishing up school at last and getting burned out on DotA at the same time, heh.

Nice job guys.  Very, very impressive.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:18:19 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 10:56:00 AM

Your posts always make me wish I liked EvE enough to return.

I sort of feel similar. I sometimes have the itch to play it again but all the people I cared about stopped with it as well. And going back it all alone, having to make new friends...meh. I am too old for that now.    Ohhhhh, I see.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 12:19:15 PM

We could all agree on a weekend, sign up for trial accounts and go harass mission runners or something equally juvenile.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #16 on: August 25, 2014, 01:07:40 PM

Sounds good!

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 01:25:44 PM

Heh, I'd almost be up for that.  ACK!

Hic sunt dracones.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 08:23:52 PM

EVE just bored me too easily (admittedly, it took months at first. But it's quicker every time I go back). 0.0 is fun briefly, then it seems like work. And high-sec seems like work. It's like "hey, cool, look at all you can do" with some fun PvP or some fun market crap, and then it's "Oh yeah, it's all this tiresome stuff too".
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #19 on: August 29, 2014, 08:15:01 AM

Scam isk, chill in jabber, log in for fights?
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 10:58:04 AM

Scam isk, chill in jabber, log in for fights?

I always sucked at scamming though.  cry

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 30, 2014, 09:12:09 PM

Does anyone get on the F13 channel anymore? Seems quiet ..

- Viin
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 10:48:46 PM

Nope.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Bat Country corp update  
Jump to: