Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:35:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 1  (Read 13221 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 15, 2014, 01:35:19 PM

I'll try to actually turn steam on Droog for tomorrows game, but when would you be around for it, roughly?

Hic sunt dracones.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 15, 2014, 03:02:29 PM

Probably not till some time next week, I am super busy this weekend.

I am GMT so if you are in a different timezone I can usually adjust to match!

Hmm.  I think we are due by Monday.  I am also launchng a client this weekend so I'm mostly tied up as well.  Hopefully things go smooth and we can play early in the week?
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 15, 2014, 04:29:55 PM

Back in the league with a real team, and some real luck. Nuffle almighty be praised.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #38 on: August 16, 2014, 02:42:23 AM

Lamaros played a good game and shut me out of his cages. I had a tough time getting past him especially when my Rat Ogre sat out a lot of the game with failed WA rolls. A lot of failed dodges didn't help either. My one good chance to equalise came to nothing when a good pass to an AGI5 Gutter Runner in scoring range was intercepted by a double marked Chaos Warrior. It was that kind of game for me.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 16, 2014, 02:08:02 PM

Gutted 1 - The Hazardous Hippies 1

Thanks to Nuffle the powers of Chaos escape this match with a draw but it was nearly a classic 2-1 grind foiled on the last turn of the first half by some excellent play by Teleku. Match started with me having 500k for inducements, a position I have not been in for a few seasons so I had not planned on what to use so plumped for the standard wizard, babes and some extra re-rolls which proved wise in the first half but redundant in the second.

Teleku won the toss and elected to receive and scored a standard 2 turn elf touchdown despite his ball carrier being fireballed with not much I could do to stop him. The next 6 turns however were really good fun as I fail to notice kick on an elf so setup for a strong side push only for the ball to go deep to the wrong flank (for me) and Teleku gets a blitz to put pressure on the ball immediately. Luckily for me he fails a GFI that would have given him a chance to catch his own kick and I make the pick up but having to rely on beastman elf bullshit doesn't go well and I fumble my pass. Luckily the ball is marked. Unluckily that didn't matter as it was cleared easily. Luckily teleku then failed a dodge which gave me a chance to recover and advance up the field. I run with a standard cage but the damn Wardancer keeps leaping in and breaking it forcing me to lose formation and scramble around trying to keep the ball safe and failing with any attempt to take the damn Wardancer out. Finally on turn 7 I am in range to score if I can just survive one more round of pressure which of course I can't but Teleku also can't get the ball to safety and my final turn of the half fails to move the marker off the grounded ball and I fail the pick up attempt to finish the half down 1-0.

Second half was much less eventful in terms of the plays but the last few turns will no doubt make Teleku wince as he had 3 guys injured, one of which was a death that he couldn't save having just used his apothecary! Mindful of kick this time I setup much more traditionally and despite a really strong stalling defence from Teleku he left it too late with his cage break and was unable to steal the ball despite knocking it free and once I had stunned his Wardancer I was able to clear enough room to run into score range. A failed dodge opened up most of his team to a round of blocks and I scored 2 injuries and since I couldn't stop Teleku scoring in 2 turns last time I decided not to score on turn 14 and just bash what I could. Teleku leaves his face planted elves on the deck which only gives me one target which is a sideline push off the pitch which resulted in a dead kicker elf.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 16, 2014, 02:52:34 PM

Second turn of the match one of my wardancers was killed.

Third turn my star player was out. Then 2 other flew into the injury bin.

Droog can give you the better after action report. The final score was 2-0
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 03:07:10 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 16, 2014, 03:09:17 PM

kwaii high and the daddies clash in a bloodbath!  i made a few dumb mistakes but sir T was on the defensive or ropes from the outset.  his halfling chef only ever got one of my rerolls per half, and eldril sidewinder never really made any plays of note.  i don't think he even used hypnotic gaze, though i could be mistaken.  once a few elves went down i had plenty of big blocks to throw and my daemons never really gave the elves a chance to reposition.

2-0 and a couple of skill ups on the khorne side.  i killed a wardancer on turn 2 and one of my bloodletters caved his skull in on a bad block against the other, but luckily regenerated.  no other lasting injuries.
Wolvens Requiem
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: August 17, 2014, 01:30:14 AM

Probably not till some time next week, I am super busy this weekend.

I am GMT so if you are in a different timezone I can usually adjust to match!

Hmm.  I think we are due by Monday.  I am also launchng a client this weekend so I'm mostly tied up as well.  Hopefully things go smooth and we can play early in the week?

I have become free today if you are available at somepoint.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 17, 2014, 08:15:48 AM

Ermine Vermin 3 - 2 Ex-Presidents

Ermine Vermin eke out a narrow win, mostly courtesy of a confusion at the start of the second half, Presidents thought they were kicking, and set up on the line. We then found Blind Eddie and Cheddar Persille are pretty good at racing to the back of the pitch.

Aside from that the presidents held their cages solid, frustrating the vermin's attempts to shake the ball loose, whereas on the ermine drives the rats were just fast. Really tight game. First turn saw a TD for the vermin and three rats punched off the pitch, this pretty much set the tone.

I don't seem to be able to upload to BBManager - I get an error in French. May have to download the program again. I suspect the stats will say I dodged a lot, while Ruvaldt blocked a lot.

The Parmigiano Pimpernel and some random line rat will miss the next match - but you'll all be glad to hear there were no permanent injuries.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 04:19:34 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #44 on: August 17, 2014, 08:20:42 AM

Yeah, I might've been able to secure a tie had I not misplayed at the top of the second half, but it was still dicey given that that the kick was in the endzone.  In any event, the game went better than the last time the Presidents faced the Vermin.  I think that was 5-1 Vermin.  Very fun game, and a good way to knock some of this rust off.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 17, 2014, 03:36:15 PM

I don't seem to be able to upload to BBManager - I get an error in French. May have to download the programme again. I suspect the stats will say I dodged a lot, while Ruvaldt blocked a lot.

same thing happened to me, but when i re-downloaded everything ran fine.  had my old login info and everything already saved.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 17, 2014, 04:19:01 PM

Working now.

STATS

Dodges

Vermin : 34/45  76%
Presidents : 1/1  100%

Blocks

Vermin : 10/21  48%
Presidents : 24/38   63%
Not as one sided as you'd expect until you learn that 50% of successful blocks the presidents made were armour breaks, and 33% removed a rat from the pitch (6 KOs, 2 Casualties). Also, presidents rolled an average 2.08 block dice, to the vermin's 1.67.

Possession

Vermin : 2%
Presidents : 72%
The rats scored on the same turn every time they picked up the ball. Efficiency is our watchword.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #47 on: August 17, 2014, 04:52:13 PM

Megrim and I tied 1-1 with no permanent injuries. I'm still trying to work out the upload - I don't get French errors but it isn't detecting the coach names properly.

EDIT: It won't detect either of our coach names from the replay file, even if I watch it again. So, I just picked drogg for both coaches.  why so serious?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 05:00:37 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 18, 2014, 11:47:58 AM

So, I just picked drogg for both coaches.  why so serious?

THUS, DROGG'S VICTORY IS ASSURED  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #49 on: August 18, 2014, 11:53:17 AM

Working now.

STATS

Dodges

Vermin : 34/45  76%
Presidents : 1/1  100%

Blocks

Vermin : 10/21  48%
Presidents : 24/38   63%
Not as one sided as you'd expect until you learn that 50% of successful blocks the presidents made were armour breaks, and 33% removed a rat from the pitch (6 KOs, 2 Casualties). Also, presidents rolled an average 2.08 block dice, to the vermin's 1.67.

Possession

Vermin : 2%
Presidents : 72%
The rats scored on the same turn every time they picked up the ball. Efficiency is our watchword.

You had 11 turns end on a failed dodge, and won?

EDIT: That's got to include rerolls thinking about it. How many real failures?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #50 on: August 18, 2014, 01:00:30 PM

Two maybe?  It wasn't many.  I remember one because it injured a GR, and I know a linerat's failed dodge caused another turnover, but that's all I recall.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: August 18, 2014, 03:57:28 PM

BBManager's excel export tells us 4. But 3 were line rat moves at the end of a turn that didn't really matter.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: August 18, 2014, 04:53:57 PM

Who is left to go?
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 18, 2014, 04:59:19 PM

In-game, it appears the laggards are avaia v. wolven.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #54 on: August 18, 2014, 05:01:07 PM

That is correct. The deadline is today, unless there's a definite date in the not very distant future posted in the next ~19 hours I'll award it as a draw and move everyone on.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: August 18, 2014, 06:15:29 PM

Bleating wins 2-0.  Once I figured out which Blood Bowl edition to launch it started to come back to me.   swamp poop
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:28:48 PM by avaia »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 1  
Jump to: