Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:32:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 1 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 1  (Read 13453 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: August 09, 2014, 06:28:23 AM

We are go!

The traditional seeding video is available here and the first day of fixtures looks like this.

The deadline for this game day is Monday 18th August. I have also made Ingmar assistant commissioner as I'll be away for a while in Scotland with no PC.

Please upload your games to BBManager as usual the league is created there as f13 Season 9 and the password is fearchange.

Good luck all!

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 07:26:07 AM

Proudft, I'm around most of the daytime Sunday (GMT), that good for you?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 08:49:20 AM

If I'm on steam then I'm available to play (username satael). Usually avaialble at euro-times so if that is going to be a problem then we need to actually schedule the game if possible.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 10:26:06 AM

Ruvaldt, you know what to do!  Fuck rats.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 10:59:00 AM

Millard Fillmore might be a little rusty, but hopefully I can smash a few gutter runners for you, Avaia.

So Ermine Vermin in Day 1!  That's exciting.  I'm GMT -5, Eldaec.  Weekdays are tough for me, but evenings could be possible.  I'm available at pretty much any time next weekend though apart from Saturday evening.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 02:40:05 PM

Thanks for the draw vid IainC. Teleku are you still euro based? If so can probably get our match played around 9pm CEST if that suits you most nights this week. Got a new addition to the family so useful if you can tell me the day/s that work for you please.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 04:26:20 PM

Man, why do I have to play Megrim when he's going to be all fired up for being inexplicably left out of the upper tier seeding group!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 01:50:13 AM

Thanks for the draw vid IainC. Teleku are you still euro based? If so can probably get our match played around 9pm CEST if that suits you most nights this week. Got a new addition to the family so useful if you can tell me the day/s that work for you please.
That should be good time wise.  However, I'm currently in Norway, and won't get back home to my PC till Tuesday night.  So from Wednesday forward I'm free any time after 6 pm CEST.  And actually, Friday is a Holiday in Poland, so I have the whole day off.

Also, lol, our division.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 09:46:08 AM

Droog I'm available anytime, really. Whats your pleasure?

Hic sunt dracones.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 11:57:50 AM

i'm GMT-8, heading out for a few hours but will be around tonight and then any day after 6 PM my time!

if memory serves, you're in germany somewhere?  worst case i can work from home one day and we can fit your schedule.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 12:10:04 PM

Lamaros, I tried pinging you a few times on Skype this weekend but you didn't notice. I'm GMT+1 and not going to be around next weekend. Let me know when a good time for you is. It's possible we'll need to do some juggling of schedules to get a weeknight game in.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 03:36:10 PM

I'm home sick today so it's possible we could fit it in? Are you free nowish?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 05:38:50 PM

i'm GMT-8, heading out for a few hours but will be around tonight and then any day after 6 PM my time!

if memory serves, you're in germany somewhere?  worst case i can work from home one day and we can fit your schedule.

I'm Irish, so I go by GMT. 6pm your time is around 2am my time. How about we set it for tomorrow night then (monday). I'll take an early nap and get up for it. Looking forward to getting my asss kicked  why so serious?

Hic sunt dracones.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 08:34:14 AM

Wednesday night seems a good night at the minute as the missus is going out so as long as the little fella stays asleep I should have enouh time to get our match in. Will ping you on Steam hopefully at around 9pm CEST.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 01:16:08 PM

Oh lawks. My scrub rats against Ruvaldt's seeded presidents.

Weekdays are also pretty tough for me atm. I'm on UK time (technically GMT +1 because of daylight saving).

Saturday morning would probably make sense?

I just looked it up, this will be the sixth time Ruvaldt has faced the Vermin.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:20:40 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 06:12:29 PM

I'm Irish, so I go by GMT. 6pm your time is around 2am my time. How about we set it for tomorrow night then (monday). I'll take an early nap and get up for it. Looking forward to getting my asss kicked  why so serious?
servers down for maintenance, lucky us!  should i keep at it or would you rather postpone until later?  maybe the weekend?
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 07:58:21 PM

I just looked it up, this will be the sixth time Ruvaldt has faced the Vermin.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing.  These matches date back to '11 and we're tied at 2-1-2.  I had much better luck against the Vermin with my Emperors though.  My bashy teams haven't fared as well.  I have fond memories of our Drilling & Manliness 2 championship match though.

I should be up and able to play on Saturday.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 01:07:33 AM

servers down for maintenance, lucky us!  should i keep at it or would you rather postpone until later?  maybe the weekend?

To be honest, I slept right through my alarm anyway!  Ohhhhh, I see.

I'm happy to do this later in the week, or the weekend. I'm unemployed so I'll go on your schedual :)

Hic sunt dracones.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 12, 2014, 01:44:34 AM

how does my sat morning your friday evening sound Iain?
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #19 on: August 12, 2014, 02:31:42 AM

I can do around midnight Friday (my time) if that's ok for you. I have a houseguest so I can't be up too late and I won't be able to hang around online so we'll need to kick off on time if possible.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 12, 2014, 05:45:56 AM

Sure thing. Can do the same time my sun your sat if that is better for you too.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 06:34:06 AM

Wolven of the Filling, when are you able to play?
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 04:14:41 PM

To be honest, I slept right through my alarm anyway!  Ohhhhh, I see.

I'm happy to do this later in the week, or the weekend. I'm unemployed so I'll go on your schedual :)
let's do the weekend so you don't have to stress about getting up at some godforsaken hour.  maybe early my saturday afternoon?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 06:08:21 PM

Sounds good.

Hic sunt dracones.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 08:08:46 PM

Can someone please PM me the next time a new season starts? I am finally less than awful at this game.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 08:30:28 PM

The next season might be with Blood Bowl 2, but the mechanics should remain the same.

Also, even awful players are welcome!  I was pretty awful my first three seasons, and still have my moments.

Wolvens Requiem
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 14, 2014, 08:50:52 AM

Wolven of the Filling, when are you able to play?

Probably not till some time next week, I am super busy this weekend.

I am GMT so if you are in a different timezone I can usually adjust to match!
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 14, 2014, 09:34:46 AM

Theorists faced off against a fresh skaven team and despite the skaven's valiant efforts the tv difference was too great and the game ended 1-0 in chaos' favor.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: August 14, 2014, 01:22:22 PM

It is known that the worst enemy of Khemri teams is the rain.   What is not as well-known is that their secret weapon is the SUN!

Burrowing Beetles 2-1 over Camp-Town OrcBoyz almost entirely due to the OrcBoyz failing to condition themselves for the desert heat.  It was Sweltering Heat for the entire game, and we sorta split missing players twice but the other two times the Beetles were mostly on the field and all the Important Orc Players (tm) were prostrate on the sidelines.

Highlights included one killed goblin, one killed newbie orc blitzer, and one broken orc thrower's neck (but he got better).  The only two khemri injuries were regenerated in the healing light of the sun.

Honestly the game kinda sucked for the orcs.  We had a good bashy game last season so I was looking forward to that, but alas the sun did not cooperate.  But we'll take the win as repayment for past suffering(s).

Side notes: the glare when it is Sweltering Heat on a snowy field is insane.  I actually ran over the ball once since I couldn't even see it.  Fortunately the skeleton picked it up.  Also, for some reason we were on 4 minute turns.  Neither of us were really dawdling, so no big whoop, but is the league set up wrong or is this just a thing to check when starting the game?
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: August 14, 2014, 01:23:50 PM

Thanks for the game though, Avaia you pretty much have a free win now and you owe Proudft a beer...

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #30 on: August 14, 2014, 01:42:32 PM

The 4 minute turns is my mistake. I set it to 2 minutes then I had to go back and change some stuff and it got reset somehow :cyanide:
I don't know if it's possible to choose 2 minutes in the challenge dropdown anymore, if it is then you should do that.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: August 14, 2014, 03:45:25 PM

Hi Iain. So we are on for tomorrow, midnight your time 8am mine?
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #32 on: August 14, 2014, 03:46:03 PM

Hi Iain. So we are on for tomorrow, midnight your time 8am mine?

Yep! I'll be there.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #33 on: August 14, 2014, 04:17:27 PM

Ingmar, I'll try to find time over the next few days. It's honestly shit timing for the 1st round because my football season is wrapping up and we've got the semis game over the weekend.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #34 on: August 14, 2014, 04:19:00 PM

Well the good news is I'm actually mostly free this weekend, for once. Work has gone absolutely berserk, though, so between that and my kendo practices weekday games will be hard for me anyway.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 1  
Jump to: