Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:27:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Mad Max: Fury Road 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mad Max: Fury Road  (Read 90386 times)
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: June 01, 2015, 08:36:07 AM

Austin PSA: This will be in Imax (2D near as I can tell) from June 12, 2015 - June 25, 2015 at Bob Bullock.

My body is not ready.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #246 on: June 01, 2015, 09:36:23 AM

Not really much you can do against the Rock anyway.   awesome, for real

It's crazy how much money his movies have made.  His early comedy/family movies didn't work at all.  Embracing what made him famous in the WWE, his physicality and charm, and doing more action type roles was the best decision he ever made.

The best decision he ever made was doing Fast and Furious movies. Hercules and G.I. Joe: Retaliation didn't exactly set the box office on fire.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: June 01, 2015, 05:32:01 PM

It's crazy how much money his movies have made.  His early comedy/family movies didn't work at all.  Embracing what made him famous in the WWE, his physicality and charm, and doing more action type roles was the best decision he ever made.

The best decision he ever made was doing Fast and Furious movies. Hercules and G.I. Joe: Retaliation didn't exactly set the box office on fire.

Umm...not really.  GI Joe made over $375 million and Hercules made over $240 million.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=gijoe2.htm
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=hercules2014.htm
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: June 01, 2015, 06:21:14 PM

The Rock has been labeled the "Franchise Saver" as he's boosted almost everything he's ever been added in to.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #249 on: June 01, 2015, 06:22:18 PM

Umm...not really.  GI Joe made over $375 million and Hercules made over $240 million.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=gijoe2.htm
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=hercules2014.htm

Yes, fortunately the International box office can even help clunkers like Battleship, After Earth, John Carter, Lone Ranger, the Green Hornet, Grown Ups 2, and the Robocop reboot get into the 200-300 million range.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #250 on: June 01, 2015, 06:36:43 PM

Even without the international numbers, the GI Joe movie almost made back its budget as did Herc.

I'm happy to see that MM is over 130mil past its budget with this weekend's numbers. Strong showing even in its 3rd week and you can argue it split second with PP2 and Tommorow land since those were within a 644k range of each other at 14.1 to 14.8 million.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=main&yr=2015&wknd=22&p=.htm

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: June 02, 2015, 12:13:26 PM

I went to a theatre in Amarillo a few days ago and they were still giving away MM shwag posters.  The hype and appreciation for this movie is definitely there post initial release; I'm glad.  Considering this is one of the most dense summer movie seasons I can remember, they're doing well.

I've actually started to look for collectibles but all I'm finding is signed posters.  I'd really like some props from this film but I'll assume they've got everything locked up in a warehouse ala Paramount for use in further movies.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: June 02, 2015, 12:24:01 PM

I'll assume they've got everything locked up in a warehouse ala Paramount for use in further movies.

More like Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #253 on: June 02, 2015, 04:09:46 PM

I think all bronies should die in a glue factory fire, but this was pretty damn cool.

http://nerdist.com/mad-max-fury-road-my-little-pony-because-of-course/?gallery=260978#gallery

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: June 03, 2015, 01:20:36 AM

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: June 03, 2015, 02:50:45 PM

I'll assume they've got everything locked up in a warehouse ala Paramount for use in further movies.

More like Raiders of the Lost Ark.

It's been said these big studios literally have warehouses such as you describe.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: June 08, 2015, 09:58:16 AM

Picked up the soundrack today. It's so good, even without the visuals, it makes me feel physically sick. Does anyone else get like that?

Brothers in Arms

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: June 08, 2015, 04:03:40 PM

Been listening to it regularly. It's great.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #258 on: June 08, 2015, 11:50:09 PM

Watch Junkie XL create the drums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFHIBo3d4Rw

He has a whole series. Really interesting if you are interested in the scoring process.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: June 09, 2015, 03:20:59 AM

That's just made my morning. I'm on a real percussion kick lately; I knew Holkenborg did all the drums himself but the way he did them I didn't know. Obviously it sounds like a hundred drummers on timps/surdos/toms etc but the idea of recording 500 different drums at varying tunings to such an incredible sample clarity and effectively designing each note in CuBase is staggering. No wonder it took him over a year to put the soundtrack together.

Though now I want a blu-ray with all those samples on so I can play with them...

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: July 01, 2015, 10:29:37 PM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #261 on: July 02, 2015, 07:24:10 AM

That's got to be Russia. Goddamn nutso Russians.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #262 on: July 02, 2015, 10:49:17 AM

Now someone just has to set them on fire.

I have never played WoW.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: July 02, 2015, 11:27:19 AM

It's russia, wait 5 minutes.

beer geek.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: August 12, 2015, 12:06:17 AM

It's now available on Amazon streaming for $14-19, I think I'll wait another two weeks for the Blu-ray.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: August 12, 2015, 08:47:01 AM

In the mean time, Mondo has some pretty sweet posters. They're running at timed exclusive on this instead of their normal "storm the gates and miss out" method.

beer geek.
Severian
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: August 16, 2015, 03:27:31 PM

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #267 on: August 19, 2015, 03:57:39 PM

After watching the movie it seems like the difference between R rated and PG13 would have been extremely small while making a huge difference at the box office.  This wasn't like Deadpool going all out with the blood and violence, maybe just toning down the wet tshirt contest and face ripping would have been enough.

I am the .00000001428%
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: August 19, 2015, 04:33:56 PM

After watching the movie it seems like the difference between R rated and PG13 would have been extremely small while making a huge difference at the box office.  This wasn't like Deadpool going all out with the blood and violence, maybe just toning down the wet tshirt contest and face ripping would have been enough.
As a counter arguement, the film was awesome and made money. I'm glad they didn't tone it down.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #269 on: August 19, 2015, 10:58:42 PM

Fuck that.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #270 on: August 20, 2015, 08:16:08 AM

Yeah, I just looked at the box office. It has made back its production budget just on US box office receipts alone and over twice its budget if you factor in international. There was no reason to compromise on the R-rating - it wouldn't have served the story and the movie made bank anyway.

Miguel
Terracotta Army

कुशल

Reply #271 on: August 20, 2015, 01:50:26 PM

My wife never fully watches movies at home - like NEVER.  She always has her laptop open or a tablet reading something else.  15 minutes in I look over and see the laptop closed and her watching intently, and I was giving her a "WTF???" look and she didn't even notice.

Jesus Christ that was glorious.

“We have competent people thinking about this stuff. We’re not just making shit up.” -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #272 on: August 20, 2015, 04:00:20 PM

WITNESS

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #273 on: September 17, 2015, 02:00:29 AM

All of those complaints about feminist injection? True. But I'm shallow enough to enjoy action and car crashes.

Also, Mad Max is a superfluous clown character. There's no point to him anymore. Which is a shame. It could've been all Furiosa and gone full retard with feminism, and I still would've been entertained.

The biggest lull is when they don't find the Oasis and there aren't any car crashes. And I get a little exposition on the setting of Mad Max and old women. Which sucks. I don't care. This is why Thunderdome sucked.

Last 15 minutes of Road Warrior is still better.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #274 on: September 17, 2015, 08:03:22 AM

Buy a new fedora?

beer geek.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #275 on: September 17, 2015, 08:14:35 AM

Buy a new fedora?

Is that post for me?

Either way, I like my sun tan.

I was simply entertained. I don't understand the complaints about feminism. All I care about is a product. That's the problem with games. If they're going to shoehorn their bullshit, they could at least make good products. Instead we get shit.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #276 on: September 17, 2015, 08:25:39 AM

Why do you think it was shoehorned in, other than just being a part of the story?

beer geek.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #277 on: September 17, 2015, 08:36:07 AM

Why do you think it was shoehorned in, other than just being a part of the story?

I never said it was. I said Mad Max seemed superfluous and I could have enjoyed a story that was just Furiosa. It seems like the Furiosa story was the main one. Doesn't sound like shoehorning to me.... when it's the main basis. It's barely a Mad Max movie. And I'm fine with that. It had car crashes.

I said games have shoehorned things. Not this.

Other than that, the whole Fedora thing is for guilt ridden white dudes. Leave me out of it.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: September 17, 2015, 08:57:00 AM

Your original post had a few lines in it that seemed particularly fedory, especially the opening line and the retard/feminism bit. But, I'm apparently reading into it. So be it.

beer geek.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #279 on: September 17, 2015, 09:02:09 AM

Your original post had a few lines in it that seemed particularly fedory, especially the opening line and the retard/feminism bit. But, I'm apparently reading into it. So be it.

Cool. I don't recognize your name.. I've been gone for 3 years or so, so I'm just having fun posting whatever meets my eye. In any case, some must remember me enough to laugh at this.

Only point is that I was entertained and tried to ignore the dumb shit. I think it's a shame that Max turned into a joke character.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Mad Max: Fury Road  
Jump to: