Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:45:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Mad Max: Fury Road 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mad Max: Fury Road  (Read 90387 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: May 19, 2015, 12:03:28 PM

They'd be really dumb not to include some kind of coffeetable book of imagery with the collectible Blu-Ray.  I've been thumbing through some of the still shots and you'd be hard-pressed to find any movie with the shear volume and bombacity of live-action movieart.

It's going to be nice when this actually gets out of theatres so people can really pick it apart.

And yes, there's already a script for the next one (Mad Max: 'Wasteland'):
http://screenrant.com/mad-max-fury-road-sequel-the-wasteland/

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: May 19, 2015, 04:06:35 PM

Heh, I bet its like three pages of dialogue and a thousand pages of scene setting.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Mac
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: May 20, 2015, 02:36:07 AM

Heh, I bet its like three pages of dialogue and a thousand pages of scene setting.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #178 on: May 20, 2015, 03:45:37 AM

He had a script for another movie back before he started filming this one (initially planning to film them back to back). I'm sure he's not lacking for material if he really does want to make another and WB will let him without keeping a much tighter rein on him this time.

But damned if I don't have a vision of him walking out of the desert in his mid-70's after spending another 4 months out there filming, holding a film reel canister up to sky, shouting "Witness Me!" and then dropping dead.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: May 20, 2015, 06:01:22 AM

I liked this movie a lot but I saw no reason for it to get an R rating slapped on it.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #180 on: May 20, 2015, 10:17:23 AM

Nipples on screen for more than a flash = R rating.

Or did you fall asleep during that glorious wet-T-shirt homage?

Ed: Ok, that's disingenuous. I think they also used more than their allotted curse words and the violence was the majority of the movie. It's an 1980's PG which is a modern R.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:19:15 AM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #181 on: May 20, 2015, 11:05:11 AM

Too many fucks. And that wet t-shirt scene was too short.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: May 20, 2015, 01:32:43 PM

Too many fucks. And that wet t-shirt scene was too short.

This.  I honestly thought they'd run with this scene a bit more, but it was gratuitous enough already.  "So shiny! So chrome!"

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: May 20, 2015, 02:56:53 PM

A wet tshirt contest barely registered in my mind as rated R since every transformers movie has a moment like that in 3D and with slow mo, and maybe an explosion in the background just to let you know what you should be doing with your hands. But yeah this could have been PG13 and probably made 3 times as much money without skipping a beat or being considered a sell out.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: May 20, 2015, 05:10:40 PM

I kinda figured it was the face being ripped off scene.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #185 on: May 20, 2015, 07:55:15 PM

Nah. That was too short. And we all know boobies and the F-Bomb are far more damaging to American minds than faces being ripped off.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: May 22, 2015, 12:24:35 PM

So bro asked me to go see this with him.  I think anyone that loved this movie can never bitch about Michael Bay again.. cuz this was like the ultimate in Baysplosion type action with the same lack of story.

That being said, it was alright.  The action was great but it got boring about halfway through. 
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: May 22, 2015, 01:03:57 PM

So bro asked me to go see this with him.  I think anyone that loved this movie can never bitch about Michael Bay again.. cuz this was like the ultimate in Baysplosion type action with the same lack of story.

That being said, it was alright.  The action was great but it got boring about halfway through. 

This guy......wants me to tell you that you don't know what fun is.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #188 on: May 22, 2015, 01:05:18 PM

I think anyone that loved this movie can never bitch about Michael Bay again.. cuz this was like the ultimate in Baysplosion type action with the same lack of story.

There are so many things wrong with this sentence I don't even know where to begin.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: May 22, 2015, 01:10:47 PM

This guy......wants me to tell you that you don't know what fun is.

I thought that guy was one of the cooler parts of the movie.  I dunno, this should have been the type of movie that I love.  I think if it just had something more it could have been better.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #190 on: May 22, 2015, 01:22:52 PM

I think anyone that loved this movie can never bitch about Michael Bay again.. cuz this was like the ultimate in Baysplosion type action with the same lack of story.

There are so many things wrong with this sentence I don't even know where to begin.

Seriously.  This thing is so far away from the shit that Bay does your comment comes off like saying no one can complain about Adam Sandler films if they like MM: FR any more because they are both movies.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: May 22, 2015, 02:01:37 PM

Seriously.  This thing is so far away from the shit that Bay does your comment comes off like saying no one can complain about Adam Sandler films if they like MM: FR any more because they are both movies.

Watch a later period Michael Bay movie, like the Transformers movies. Watch an action scene. Come back and tell me if you can figure out who was doing what and when. Now, watch any scene in this movie. Odds are you know exactly who is where and what they are doing most of the time.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: May 22, 2015, 02:02:59 PM

Maybe you're just too used to Hollywood telling you what to care about.  This movie is very subtle, srsly.

Why don't you try our other games?
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: May 22, 2015, 02:15:57 PM

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley who played the favorite wife in mad max and played the megan fox stand-in in transformers 3 is by far the best way to differentiate the two movies.  Here we have a super hot model playing on one side, a real life character who has been through some shit.  On the other side you have someone who can go through a crumbling building and not even get her makeup and hair messed with cause Bay is jerking off with his camera on her all day long.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #194 on: May 22, 2015, 02:30:46 PM

Good point. Bay basically films her scenes up her ass crack and uses her as a statutory rape joke. Miller   

Totally similar.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: May 22, 2015, 02:56:36 PM

So bro asked me to go see this with him.  I think anyone that loved this movie can never bitch about Michael Bay again.. cuz this was like the ultimate in Baysplosion type action with the same lack of story.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: May 22, 2015, 06:02:52 PM

Mentioning Miller and bay in the same sentence  ACK!

This sums Miller up nicely and I like the fact that they use Mad Max 2 as the example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnOrinHibsc

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #197 on: May 22, 2015, 07:01:01 PM

That's a great breakdown. Thanks for sharing it.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: May 22, 2015, 08:44:19 PM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #199 on: May 23, 2015, 12:27:58 AM

Oooooooookkkkkkkk...

/* backs away slowly */

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: May 23, 2015, 05:24:25 AM

Hot/Crazy scale in full effect here.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: May 23, 2015, 07:28:38 AM

Glad someone else said it before me.  It's like every stereotype wrapped up into one, short vine.  I stopped at the pink hair.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #202 on: May 23, 2015, 09:14:52 PM

Wow...so this movie, it was just intense action practically non-stop, beginning to end.

And definitely better than a Bay movie - very little, if any, CG. Practical effects are just...better, when possible.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #203 on: May 23, 2015, 09:46:29 PM

Just came back from watching it in 3d (with beer). Leaned over to my buddy as the credits rolled "What the fuck did I just watch?"

I'm the guy who constantly bitches about pacing in movies - like ten minutes too much robot fighting in Age of Ultron vs 20 minutes too little plot - yet this was a movie that was 95% car chase scenes, and the damn pacing worked just fine. I can't explain it.

I can't honestly decide if I thought it was great or not, but I certainly enjoyed watching it.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: May 23, 2015, 10:24:09 PM

My mouth wasn't agape on the 2nd viewing, but the picture and sound were crisp and great (added bonus, no trailers at the Pacific Science Center IMAX). The acting in this by Hardy, who really made Max mad, and Nicholas Hoult who's performance was stellar, and I don't think Charleze Theron has acted this well in years, was incredible.  Went with Engels and Ard. We timed it with the Seattle Folklife Festival so parking was impossible and marijuana was everywhere.  I don't see how a better post apocalyptic car chase movie can be made.

And https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbdv1GzxAto for the inevitable videogame...

Bonus
https://youtu.be/hatTUJT0Kxg if you want to see some b-roll.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #205 on: May 24, 2015, 08:37:35 AM

The game's been in the works almost as long as the movie. No real connection other than the titular character.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #206 on: May 24, 2015, 07:18:16 PM

I always like to go imdb a movie after I see it, see who random familiar looking characters were played by. This had a couple surprises: Elvis' granddaughter as one of the brides (red). And the heroic warboy was Tony from Skins.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #207 on: May 24, 2015, 07:52:08 PM

Wait. You recognized him from that but not from x-men?  

Also dark skinned bride was Lenny Kravitz and Lisa Bonets daughter. Now I feel really old.

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #208 on: May 24, 2015, 09:27:02 PM

This movie is essentially the embodiment of "Rule of Cool". Every time you start to think "This shit doesn't make any sense", there's another goddamn awesome moment and you forget such heresy.

There's a guy with a flame-throwing double-necked guitar on the front of the War Machine. Why? Because fuck you. What would *you* put on the front of your war machine? Shut up and enjoy the power chords as Max uses it for a literal Axe.

--Dave
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 09:28:53 PM by MahrinSkel »

--Signature Unclear
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #209 on: May 24, 2015, 09:52:52 PM

Why? Because fuck you.

That should have been the tag line for all the advertising on this movie. It is literally the only answer needed to any question about this movie.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Mad Max: Fury Road  
Jump to: