Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:44:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Dwarf Fortress: The Realms of Soul 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress: The Realms of Soul  (Read 8442 times)
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

on: July 09, 2014, 11:42:44 AM

The Realms of Soul: Chapter I: Fleshsyrup

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 12:45:46 PM

I'm already excited about this adventure.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 01:07:21 PM

Looks like I still won't be playing this game, despite the tantalizing graphical shots earlier in the thread.  Thanks, Pagz!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pagz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 07:09:33 PM

Wondering why the save was corrupted on reload, turns out there's a pretty crippling autosave bug. A patch is already out, but it breaks save compatability. I'll try tonight to generate a new world and go for take two.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 03:03:26 AM

But it was going so well.

Hic sunt dracones.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 09:17:59 AM

Trees used to just give one log each, right? That is a huge change if it means I no longer have to choose between providing beds for my dwarves and building enough bins to store all my trade goods.

Last fortress was awesome; I'm looking forward to dying gruesomely in this one.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 05:00:20 PM

Wondering why the save was corrupted on reload, turns out there's a pretty crippling autosave bug. A patch is already out, but it breaks save compatability. I'll try tonight to generate a new world and go for take two.

Sounds like...

Groundhog Day.

/rimshot

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Pagz
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 06:25:22 PM

Hehe, I haven't been having much luck have I? So I genned a new world with the intention of starting again sometime this week, however the new 40.03 release breaks save compatibility again due to crash fixes caused by faulty world generation, so I may as well scrap that idea. I think I'll wait for a release that doesn't break save compatibility before I try and start a game next time, so I'll try again in a week or two.
Trees used to just give one log each, right? That is a huge change if it means I no longer have to choose between providing beds for my dwarves and building enough bins to store all my trade goods.

Last fortress was awesome; I'm looking forward to dying gruesomely in this one.
Trees give more logs, but tree density is lower. It depends where you embark but in general I think there are a few more logs per map, it's at the very least much quicker for your woodcutter to cut down half the map.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 06:30:41 PM by Pagz »
Lightstalker
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 08:58:51 PM

4.04 was released earlier this week and Phoebus and Dwarf Therapist are working with the new build. 

Things might be playable 'enough' at this point, though that might make it more difficult if they've fixed the "Siege attacks from undiscovered cavern level" and "store the prepared food in the corpse stockpile" classes of issues.

I think the log density is way up, but that might be an early vs. late game issue (haven't seen multi-level trees regrow yet).  Getting injured while chopping them down is... fun.
Pagz
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 12:51:26 AM

I'm more worried about breaking save compatibility then being playable, if the next release doesn't I'll jump in and start again. Regardless of above ground trees, underground trees are supposedly still the same, so even if multi-tile trees take forever to regrow use the underground ones instead.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Dwarf Fortress: The Realms of Soul  
Jump to: