Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 07:04:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: blood bowl on tablets w/DLC teams 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: blood bowl on tablets w/DLC teams  (Read 9217 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: July 08, 2014, 01:32:55 PM

http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/en/game-bb-tablet.html

Arriving in July apparently.

2 teams out of the box, only 6 even with dlc, the screenshots imply it is based on PC blood bowl 1.

Why cyanide keep trying to sell me versions of BB without enough teams is a mystery.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 03:34:05 PM

Furthermore, on the forums cyanide appear to be claiming this will run off the BB1 servers and can play in the pc leagues.

I kind of suspect they don't know what they are talking about in a 2nd language.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 04:29:38 AM

Being released on 7/31. Not sure if it'll hook up with existing servers or if the mobile platform will stand-alone on it's own.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 07:15:03 PM

On Play store now for $4.99, which includes Humans and Orcs. The other 4 base teams are DLC, and everything beyond that is unavailable. You can play with your existing BB account; you're just limited to teams.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 07:35:55 PM

I rather eat a subway sandwich with that kind of money,.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 08:16:56 PM

On Play store now for $4.99, which includes Humans and Orcs. The other 4 base teams are DLC, and everything beyond that is unavailable. You can play with your existing BB account; you're just limited to teams.

Does that mean the assets for all the other teams are in there, or does it also limit your opponents?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 08:42:12 AM

How much are the DLC teams?

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 09:28:31 AM

Digging through commentary on gaming news sites for those that bought it already:

-DLC teams are $3 each. So $5 for the game gets you Orcs and Humans. $12 for Skaven, Chaos, Wood Elf, and Dwarves.
-Left/right mouse clicking is handled through a toggle switch on the side of the screen.
-Zero customization of players and teams beyond color and team names.
-Runs smooth like butter performance-wise.
-Hard-enforcement of tablets only. Doesn't matter if you have the fanciest of phones.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 09:41:30 AM

I'll wait for some more reviews, but for $5 it's not a "bad" deal. I'm sure they'll run sales on the DLC teams, though it'd be nice if they recognized their long-time customers by allowing them to play the teams they already have without having to pay for them again.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 09:56:19 AM

-DLC teams are $3 each. So $5 for the game gets you Orcs and Humans. $12 for Skaven, Chaos, Wood Elf, and Dwarves.
-Zero customization of players and teams beyond color and team names.

Yep, fuck that. Not even going to bother to get nickel and dimed for stock teams.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 05:22:40 AM

Two new teams for sale: Lizardmen and Dark Elves. Also, the base app is on sale for €0.99/$0.99/£0.79

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: blood bowl on tablets w/DLC teams  
Jump to: