Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:24:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: The World Cup Is Silly, Let's Play Videogames Instead - Season 9 Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The World Cup Is Silly, Let's Play Videogames Instead - Season 9 Thread  (Read 16287 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: June 09, 2014, 02:26:35 PM

Hey internet friends!

I'd like to play more Blood Bowl. If BB2 drops later this year then this might be the last season for f13 BB as we know it. To begin with this is a sign up and discussion thread for how things will go down. I don't mind admitting that I had a few unfun experiences adminning the last couple of seasons and I'm keen to try new rules that will make my life calmer.

So, proposed rules for S9. These are all open to discussion and not necessarily a done deal.

Eligibility mostly unchanged from previous seasons, although I may consider a starting max of 2k TV to encourage the monster teams to retire.

As usual, divisions and league format to be determined once signups are complete and final numbers are confirmed.

There were a few incidents that were not fun to deal with in the last couple of seasons that revolved around disconnects. To be very clear I absolutely do not believe that anyone was cheating by deliberately disconnecting to force a replay and neither for the most part did the people involved when they contacted me about it. However there was a significant amount of bad feeling from the perception that there was an advantage gained (deliberately or not) and a feeling that a good chance had been denied to the team that did not disconnect. Therefore, in the interests of making sure that there can be no perception of advantage, I propose that a disconnection be considered a forfeit. If you drop, you lose and the game is given at the current state plus enough TDs added to the other team to give them the win if necessary.

If you would like to play then please put your name and team in a reply below. Please also comment on rules that are proposed or that you'd like to propose and we can discuss them.

if we get enough signups I expect that we'll start around the start of July or so.

IainC
Ingmar
Drogg
Ruvaldt
Megrim
Lamaros
Swiftblade
Eldaec
Satael
Ulysees
Teleku
Avaia
Proudft
SirT
Monty
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 12:46:29 PM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 02:27:01 PM

IainC - Fursecution -Skaven.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 02:31:43 PM

I'm in though I'm not sure with what team. TV rule would discourage me from bringing back dwarves as I am tempted to do if this is indeed the final hurrah. Disconnect rule is fine with me.

EDIT: If we did institute a TV cap for starting teams, I would definitely be up for some kind of 2k+ Hall of Fame League or whatever we want to call it.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 02:35:26 PM

i'm down.  i'll start oiling up the muscle daddies again!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 02:55:17 PM

I'm in.   I don't know what team I'll play.

I like the disconnect rule.  I don't care about the TV limits, though if you want I could bring the Ex-Presidents back and they could shave some TV off of the fatter teams.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 08:29:26 PM

Ambivalent on the d/c, but another thing to consider on the TV cap - we could lower the the Spiralling Expenses cap so increase the financial burden on the old-timers.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 10:08:26 PM

In. I expect we wont actually start until July.

I will play my Chaos side I think. I will kill many.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:06:03 PM by lamaros »
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 11:03:20 PM

I'm in with the Camp-Town Orcboyz. The disconnect rule seems like a perfectly sensible one.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 11:21:50 PM

In, I'm ok with the rules used previously. But still in with whatever rules.

Might be worth having a think about playoff seeding. The wildcard thing seemed weird. But nbd.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 04:18:30 AM

It's hard to talk about the playoff details until we know how many players we have and what the league structure will be.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 05:52:51 AM

Satael - Chaos String Theorists - Chaos (from last season)
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 04:31:46 AM

I was considering joining this but I will not risk the pure rage I would feel if cyanide decides to crash/disconnect my game during an important match.

I hope you guys have fun though.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 05:35:45 PM

In with a fresh woodelf team for the season so should be ready to win this thing in around another 4 seasons time so lets hope this isn't the last ever run around :)

Don't care about the rules just want to play with you guys so am fine with a DC being a forfeit.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 06:50:04 PM

I don't know if I'm in. I'll think on it but I'm leaning sitting this one out.

I'd like to make a suggestion which might sway me. I'd really like to group like time zones together. It was really rough to schedule a couple games last season for me. I think I had like two, maybe even three, forfeits due to scheduling issues. Prior to that, I think I had one in all other seasons combined.

It was pretty unfun for me, unfortunately. That's not to blame anyone or anything beyond my schedule being busy at bad times, but having at least grouped by continents (and maybe Aussies with West Coasters so it's not quite as great a difference) would help.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 08:47:32 AM

Unless more people sign up, not sure we'll actually need groups this time.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #15 on: June 14, 2014, 04:15:48 PM

I don't know if I'm in. I'll think on it but I'm leaning sitting this one out.

I'd like to make a suggestion which might sway me. I'd really like to group like time zones together. It was really rough to schedule a couple games last season for me. I think I had like two, maybe even three, forfeits due to scheduling issues. Prior to that, I think I had one in all other seasons combined.

It was pretty unfun for me, unfortunately. That's not to blame anyone or anything beyond my schedule being busy at bad times, but having at least grouped by continents (and maybe Aussies with West Coasters so it's not quite as great a difference) would help.
Unfortunately I think this is largely unworkable in practice. At present it doesn't look as though there will be more than two divisions - and possibly only one. Even with more players I don't think it's feasible to split the league up like that.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 09:42:54 AM

I'm in.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 09:56:07 AM

I'm in.  I don't think the disconnect rule would be at all fair, since the entire head to head networking is such a clusterfuck. 
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #18 on: June 16, 2014, 10:50:45 AM

I'm in.  I don't think the disconnect rule would be at all fair, since the entire head to head networking is such a clusterfuck. 
Agreed on Cyanide's shitty networking code but to be clear, the disconnect rule isn't so much about fairness as it is about me not having to deal with making judgement calls where whichever way I call it someone will feel justifiably robbed.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 16, 2014, 11:48:25 AM

For some reason I'm not super excited about Blood Bowl at the moment, but count me in anyway, I predict I will liven up when we actually play.  No idea on team since I have like five to pick from.  I've never had a disconnect except once during setup like 3 years ago so I'm all for whatever moves shit along.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 03:33:57 PM

If you need bodies I can be in for the last hurrah. No idea what team though.

Hic sunt dracones.
Monty
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 12:20:08 PM

Hi - I am new to these forums - suggested by a friend as I was looking for more Blood Bowl.

My online BB ID is: snuffleorc

If you'll have me, I'd probably play with a new 1000 rating team .. either Skaven or Norse.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 06:09:44 PM

Hi - I am new to these forums - suggested by a friend as I was looking for more Blood Bowl.

If you'll have me, I'd probably play with a new 1000 rating team .. either Skaven or Norse.

Hey mate, welcome. We're still seeing how this season is likely to pan out, as it looks like the numbers involved might be a bit small, this time around.

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 27, 2014, 09:10:59 AM

Alan here, good to see you came along. Perhaps be playing you soon...

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #24 on: June 29, 2014, 12:49:35 PM

Ok so far we have 15 signups. If we get one more then we can have two divisions of 8 with a straightforward playoff/failoff structure afterwards (although these will only have three rounds each. If we get more signups than that we'll work something out. I'll give it until next weekend then start the league and do seedings.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 30, 2014, 03:58:21 AM

As ever I will put mine in as a provisional. If you get 2 more I will bow out to keep things even, and if you get no more and having one less will simplify things I will bow out. Otherwise I am happy enough to play.

Hic sunt dracones.
Wolvens Requiem
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: July 04, 2014, 05:04:36 PM

Alright I'm in!

Chaos team from last season.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #27 on: July 06, 2014, 11:07:29 AM

League is created. Join f13 Season 9 with the password fearchange.

Once everyone is in, I'll do the seeding video.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 06, 2014, 03:27:41 PM

Applied with my Chaos team Gutted.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 06, 2014, 07:38:42 PM

Will apply once I get home.

Do we have a final decision on any rules changes?

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 07, 2014, 04:54:06 AM

Signed up.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 07, 2014, 05:49:39 AM

same

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 07, 2014, 06:28:30 AM

Damn rats.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: July 07, 2014, 09:18:14 AM

Applied with the OrcBoyz

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: July 07, 2014, 10:22:26 AM

Beetles have signed up for rat punishment.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: The World Cup Is Silly, Let's Play Videogames Instead - Season 9 Thread  
Jump to: