Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:22:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Ruining a Local Business 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ruining a Local Business  (Read 18011 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: June 09, 2014, 06:51:57 PM

so many pixels
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #36 on: June 09, 2014, 06:59:48 PM

Wrong thread? awesome, for real
schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: June 09, 2014, 07:07:31 PM

yes
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #38 on: June 09, 2014, 09:28:50 PM

i was going to say that this probably wouldn't do anything because bot fly eggs wash out really easily in showers and baths and so generally don't bug humans; but then I remembered this store is in Texas.

The human specific species egg hatch really fast and burrows in, plus the eggs are really small. Small enough for mosquito or blowfly legs to carry several.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #39 on: June 10, 2014, 01:09:37 PM

Just found out they have those in Sierra Leone. Ohhhhh, I see.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 10, 2014, 02:28:14 PM

Gives you a hole to hide your diamonds in!
WayAbvPar

Reply #41 on: June 10, 2014, 03:15:32 PM

Don't worry. I am sure the hemorrhagic fevers will keep them from getting too deep.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 10, 2014, 07:09:13 PM

What? That is incorrect. They go all the way from the southern half of Mexico to the northern half of Argentina. I got mine in Panama. I don't know where they are in Africa, but the continent is full enough of horrific parasites that it doesn't need them.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #43 on: June 11, 2014, 01:40:20 PM

Ok, not the bot fly specifically, but the Tumbu Fly (same species).  Its basically all over west Africa.  Co-worker who was in the peace corp in Gambia before State was telling me all about the other members who got infected by them.

Though as Way mentioned, I should probably be more concerned about the Ebola outbreak that's spreading into the country currently.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: June 12, 2014, 09:39:08 AM

What? That is incorrect. They go all the way from the southern half of Mexico to the northern half of Argentina. I got mine in Panama. I don't know where they are in Africa, but the continent is full enough of horrific parasites that it doesn't need them.

Did you get any in the head? I saw a picture once of someone that got one in the head and it terrified me.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #45 on: June 12, 2014, 11:54:43 AM

Why don't we stop trying to put Eric in jail for committing homicide by insect.  Sending pizzas and prank calls are one thing, but getting insects to drill holes in peoples skulls is probably more serious.  I don't want Eric in jail.  I've left him something in my will and they won't allow living creatures to go to prison with you!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #46 on: June 12, 2014, 03:14:52 PM

He won't really do that.  He has aspirations now.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: June 12, 2014, 06:33:58 PM

Did you get any in the head? I saw a picture once of someone that got one in the head and it terrified me.

No, it was in the back of my neck right above the t-shirt neckline, but well below the top of BDU collars. I couldn't ever get a good look at it in the mirror and just assumed it was a nasty zit or infected hair because it was hot and dirty as hell. Eventually it got big and bothersome enough that I went to the flight surgeon to see if it was something he could drain. He took one look at it and stuck a piece of duct tape over it and told me to come back after lunch. When I came back the thing had suffocated and he pulled it out with a pair of tweezers in about 15 seconds. Honestly, splinters are more uncomfortable than that thing was.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: June 12, 2014, 06:44:15 PM

No, it was in the back of my neck right above the t-shirt neckline, but well below the top of BDU collars. I couldn't ever get a good look at it in the mirror and just assumed it was a nasty zit or infected hair because it was hot and dirty as hell. Eventually it got big and bothersome enough that I went to the flight surgeon to see if it was something he could drain. He took one look at it and stuck a piece of duct tape over it and told me to come back after lunch. When I came back the thing had suffocated and he pulled it out with a pair of tweezers in about 15 seconds. Honestly, splinters are more uncomfortable than that thing was.

I'd be worried I had another in my head.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: June 13, 2014, 05:57:55 AM

Well, we all know how Bob can go on a rage induced verbal rampage.  It could be parasite related?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #50 on: June 13, 2014, 08:46:45 AM

I have learned some very useful things from angry.bob's posts, although many of them just frighten me.  Like the ones in this thread.  Still, as long as I learn useful stuff, he can rampage all he likes.  Hopefully it's him who's having the rage and not a parasite.  That would be too creepy even for me. 

Stay angry, Bob.  It works for you.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: June 13, 2014, 10:48:35 PM

I never said I wasn't a fan.  Bob has a way of saying a lot of...uncomfortable...things, but that doesn't mean they aren't often true.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
schild
Administrator

Reply #52 on: June 14, 2014, 01:02:00 PM

The place that bought this shitty ipad repair joint is just as shitty as the ipad repair joint. What is this? Is someone trying to make a monopoly on running shitass businesses in Austin?
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #53 on: June 19, 2014, 12:23:45 AM

Serious answer: Buy a nexus 7 and forget this place ever existed.  If you could put a dollar value on not being in a shit mood that seeps into every other part of your life for an hour, you'd realize pretty quickly that you'd pay thousands of dollars and be happy about it to never have to think about those fucks again.

That's not what anyone is hoping to get out of a Nerf sighting in a thread like this though.  It's past my bedtime, I'll get on this tomorrow.
croaker69
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: June 19, 2014, 07:44:25 AM

They grow up so fast!

What may at first appear to be an insurmountable obstacle will in time be seen for what it really is: an impenetrable barrier.
schild
Administrator

Reply #55 on: June 19, 2014, 11:11:56 PM

Serious answer: Buy a nexus 7 and forget this place ever existed.  If you could put a dollar value on not being in a shit mood that seeps into every other part of your life for an hour, you'd realize pretty quickly that you'd pay thousands of dollars and be happy about it to never have to think about those fucks again.

That's not what anyone is hoping to get out of a Nerf sighting in a thread like this though.  It's past my bedtime, I'll get on this tomorrow.

The Android marketplace is Auschwitz for good content.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: June 20, 2014, 01:37:55 AM

YOu could take o photo of you with your crapped out crappy tablet and that ophoto will pread around the internet and cause them to BE DESTROYED!!

I provide a modest example or what I mean here.

Hic sunt dracones.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: June 22, 2014, 11:11:20 PM

Even more serious answer than Nerfs, why the hell go to some shitty repair shack instead of sending your device to Apple themself? I had nothing but bad experiences with 3rd party repair shops and nothing but good experiences with repairs from Apple themself.

Is the price those repair shops charge that much lower that is warrants the headaches?
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: June 22, 2014, 11:14:17 PM

Even more serious answer than Nerfs, why the hell go to some shitty repair shack instead of sending your device to Apple themself? I had nothing but bad experiences with 3rd party repair shops and nothing but good experiences with repairs from Apple themself.

Is the price those repair shops charge that much lower that is warrants the headaches?

Probably.  Isn't everything from Apple ridiculously overpriced?
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #59 on: June 23, 2014, 12:35:57 AM

We already know he makes poor purchasing decisions, this started with him owning an iPad.

Rimshot

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #60 on: June 25, 2014, 10:06:37 AM

Hey, he needed something for his Hearthstone addiction whilst on the shitter.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: June 29, 2014, 08:43:29 AM

Hey, he needed something for his Hearthstone addiction whilst on the shitter.
At least he's playing Hearthstone where it belongs.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #62 on: July 07, 2014, 02:54:40 AM

awesome, for real

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: July 16, 2014, 11:16:24 AM

What is the street address of the location you visited?

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Brofellos
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: July 21, 2014, 06:48:25 AM

schild
Administrator

Reply #65 on: July 22, 2014, 02:33:44 PM

Update:

No update. I've called the guy back twice now, after he said he'd call me back. He believed an iPad v1 or v2 would be a viable replacement for an iPad Mini Retina.

I'm pretty close to BBB'ing his shit.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: July 22, 2014, 10:58:25 PM

How did you pay?

schild
Administrator

Reply #67 on: July 22, 2014, 10:59:12 PM

God damn cash.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Ruining a Local Business  
Jump to: