Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:17:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Ruining a Local Business 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ruining a Local Business  (Read 18000 times)
schild
Administrator

on: June 06, 2014, 09:32:42 PM

So, there's this shitty local business that I want to destroy. I should've known by the name they were a bunch of villainous shitheels, but they were close to me, so I was lazy and went to them.

Business in Question: http://iphonerepairgods.webs.com/

Short story: I dropped something ON my iPad Mini Retina, it fell off the bed stand, and the screen got all fucked up around the button. They have failed to fix it twice now.

Long Story: Damage is as described above. This was 2 months ago. Bring my ipad to them, they're all like, "Yea, we can fix it, call you tomorrow." Get called back a week later, pick up the ipad, go home and charge it because it's at like 1%. Finally get it charged, the following is the result:  WiFi barely works, screen has some ghosting (as in, it's like a ghost is pressing it in the upper right hand corner). Needless to say, I'm a little pissed, but hey, they fucked up, they'll make good. We're in Austin, they have to make good.

Nope.

SIX WEEKS GO BY.  Apparently some dumb cracker thought this would be a good business to buy (startechpc or some shit). Company went through a managerial switch. I'm pretty patient about this shit, especially with toys and the pleasure of not having to deal with Apple. They kept telling me the screens they were getting me were fucking up. Finally, I call them today and they're like "Yea, we have your ipad, working great. All that shit was our fault, we'll make it up to you." And I'm like "Fucking finally." Making it up to me was giving me back a more fucked ipad and only refunding me $40 of the $120.

Go to pick it up:
1. Ghosting still happening.
2. No sound.
3. Wifi has like no signal.
4. Screen edges look like a pile of glue.

Anyway, I want to crush them into a fine milled flour.

Yelp and Google complaining isn't good enough for me, I want to stretch their asshole out and use it as a parachute into a volcano. What do?
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 10:37:08 PM

As much as I want to see you succeed in your endeavor, be careful.  You can get yourself in some legal trouble.  It probably goes without saying.  Just do whatever you are going to do with a cool head, not a hot one.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 11:03:15 PM

I'm not sure anything you do to them is worse then what they're doing to themselves with that website.  I'm not even sure what is going on there.  Time Cube makes more sense to me. 

Also, what Cyrrex said.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 11:13:52 PM

can you take them to court Judge Judy style?  Let the world know what a buch of useless twats they are?  Unless of course "even bad publicity is publicity" is something you want to avoid potentially ending in their favour.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 12:27:30 AM

Better Business Bureau.  I've used them twice and got satisfaction both times.  Have at it.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 01:10:20 AM

I recommend going full Nerf.  At minimum.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 06:36:58 AM

Never go full Nerf.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 07:03:32 AM

Sounds more like it was the first owner's fault and you should find out what he's up to.  I assume he's the one who took your money and ran so the new guy didn't get the benefit of your $120 and had to lose $40 out of pocket?  Unless I got the order of events wrong.

Never go full Nerf.
awesome, for real
One of my favourite comedies.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 07:55:02 AM

Needless to say, I'm a little pissed, but hey, they fucked up, they'll make good. We're in Austin, they have to make good.
I'm more interested in this statement.  Is there some sort of law in Austin/Texas that says companies have to not fuck you I'm not aware of?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 08:18:10 AM

I would make prank phone calls and pay a homeless man twenty bucks to sleep in their doorway.  But that's just for personal satisfaction.  I guess you could do the better business thingy and maybe say mean things about them on the internet.  I find that when I decide I hate a company and want to destroy them I end up losing interest before anything really gets done.  That's why I go for the quick personal gratification sort of revenge... pizza deliveries from everything in the area, the ugly sort of graffiti, call the morgue to pick up the body, etc. 

Taking them to TV court sounds fun, too!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 09:15:05 AM

Needless to say, I'm a little pissed, but hey, they fucked up, they'll make good. We're in Austin, they have to make good.
I'm more interested in this statement.  Is there some sort of law in Austin/Texas that says companies have to not fuck you I'm not aware of?
There's a general standard of quality in Austin that has made most of my interactions with most businesses completely positive. At least, outside of the ghetto. That is to say, shitty businesses don't last long here unless the business owner has money to burn, and I imagine, in this case, he didn't, since the store got bought while they had my iPad.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #11 on: June 07, 2014, 11:10:06 AM

Wait, you gave your tech product to a supposed tech company who uses WEBS.COM to host their web site? And you are surprised when they fuck you repeatedly?

As for ruining them, I got no clue. You'd think that web site would have done the job already but about the only thing that seems to attract business to business in the South more is claiming your company is a "Christian" company.

Maybe you can find a local church to curse them with raining frogs? Or pull some Billy Bob Thornton in Fargo shit to drive the owners bonkers.

schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: June 07, 2014, 11:13:42 AM

They weren't hosting on Webs.com like 3 weeks ago before they got bought. That site is a new development. It previously had information on it and shit.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #13 on: June 07, 2014, 05:52:41 PM

Oh well that makes a lot more sense then.  awesome, for real

That site is just a massive "we will take your money and laugh" message.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 07:42:04 PM

Get a box of these and release them in their store.  Then sit back and enjoy the lulz.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #15 on: June 08, 2014, 08:17:50 AM

I don't get it.  You broke your iPad.  Fixing those is hard given how tighly everything is packed insode, no matter what some store claims.  Buy a new one.

I have never played WoW.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #16 on: June 08, 2014, 08:28:56 AM

You should probably not do anything at all.  If something bad happens, like roaches or stink bombs, you're the first person they'll suspect.  Then it would be off to jail for you and when people ask you what you're in for and you say roaches and stink bombs they'll have no respect and you'll be a very sad boy because of... you know... butts.  Your girlish good looks and dainty airs won't help much, either.

And, no, I have no idea what I'm on about today.  Well, I do but it's mine so go buy your own!   Ohhhhh, I see.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 08, 2014, 08:43:29 AM

I don't get it.  You broke your iPad.  Fixing those is hard given how tighly everything is packed insode, no matter what some store claims.  Buy a new one.

To be fair "fixing those is hard" is a shitty excuse if your business is fixing them.  If they couldn't fix it the right thing to do would have been to say, "sorry this is too far gone, you need a new one."
schild
Administrator

Reply #18 on: June 08, 2014, 09:07:56 AM

To be fair "fixing those is hard" is a shitty excuse if your business is fixing them.  If they couldn't fix it the right thing to do would have been to say, "sorry this is too far gone, you need a new one."

This. It went in with nothing but a cracked screen. It came out all fucked up.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 08, 2014, 03:26:10 PM

So, there's this shitty local business that I want to destroy. I should've known by the name they were a bunch of villainous shitheels, but they were close to me, so I was lazy and went to them.

Business in Question: http://iphonerepairgods.webs.com/

Short story: I dropped something ON my iPad Mini Retina, it fell off the bed stand, and the screen got all fucked up around the button. They have failed to fix it twice now.

Long Story: Damage is as described above. This was 2 months ago. Bring my ipad to them, they're all like, "Yea, we can fix it, call you tomorrow." Get called back a week later, pick up the ipad, go home and charge it because it's at like 1%. Finally get it charged, the following is the result:  WiFi barely works, screen has some ghosting (as in, it's like a ghost is pressing it in the upper right hand corner). Needless to say, I'm a little pissed, but hey, they fucked up, they'll make good. We're in Austin, they have to make good.

Nope.

SIX WEEKS GO BY.  Apparently some dumb cracker thought this would be a good business to buy (startechpc or some shit). Company went through a managerial switch. I'm pretty patient about this shit, especially with toys and the pleasure of not having to deal with Apple. They kept telling me the screens they were getting me were fucking up. Finally, I call them today and they're like "Yea, we have your ipad, working great. All that shit was our fault, we'll make it up to you." And I'm like "Fucking finally." Making it up to me was giving me back a more fucked ipad and only refunding me $40 of the $120.

Go to pick it up:
1. Ghosting still happening.
2. No sound.
3. Wifi has like no signal.
4. Screen edges look like a pile of glue.

Anyway, I want to crush them into a fine milled flour.

Yelp and Google complaining isn't good enough for me, I want to stretch their asshole out and use it as a parachute into a volcano. What do?

File a civil claim against them. If they damaged your ipad you probably have a case. Ask for a replace and payment for your fees (which i am pretty sure can do yourself and so long as you record your time/costs)

It will hit them where it matters, make you feel good, and give you money for the ipad.

I am sure that the lawyers on the forum can give you better advice.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #20 on: June 08, 2014, 04:46:37 PM

Go out of your way to make reviews on Yelp, Google, etc, whatever you have to do.

Otherwise, just let nature run its course. If they are crooks, they'll go out of business completely independent of what you do.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: June 08, 2014, 04:54:43 PM

Much like shitty gaming companies, I am a fan of expediting the inevitable.

If only people had listened to me about 38/GMG. Curt would still have money.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #22 on: June 08, 2014, 09:22:59 PM

Get a box of these and release them in their store.  Then sit back and enjoy the lulz.

Yes, there is nothing as horrifying as releasing a box of roaches inside a Texas business. Watch in amusement as they blend right in with the 500 other roaches that are already there. Have you ever been to Texas? Basic Training in Texas was my first experience with roaches that stop whatever they're doing and fly at you.

If you want an insect related thing pick up some botfly eggs sprinkle them around on areas people lean on such as counters.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 08, 2014, 10:04:11 PM

I lived in Houston for 3 years but I never saw anything like totally roach infested.  Besides I used to live in the Phillippines these American roaches are nothing.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #24 on: June 09, 2014, 03:41:50 AM

If you want an insect related thing pick up some botfly eggs sprinkle them around on areas people lean on such as counters.

ACK! ACK! ACK!

No. Nope. NO!

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #25 on: June 09, 2014, 06:21:32 AM

Much like shitty gaming companies, I am a fan of expediting the inevitable.

If only people had listened to me about 38/GMG. Curt would still have money.

You need better hobbies.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #26 on: June 09, 2014, 07:51:18 AM

If Woody had gone to the police in the first place, this never would have happened...

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 09, 2014, 08:33:07 AM

Stop buying apple products.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #28 on: June 09, 2014, 08:41:54 AM

Oh, come on, be fair, the issue has nothing to do with Apple. It could have happened on any tablet-y thingie.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: June 09, 2014, 08:44:13 AM

Yeah, but just buying a new one would of been much cheaper.
schild
Administrator

Reply #30 on: June 09, 2014, 09:52:32 AM

I would never buy products based on the replacement cost. I can count on one hand the number of things I've ever broken. 1 phone and 1 tablet. The phone was easy to get replaced cheap, in fact they paid me after I had Best Buy price match Amazon. Tablet SHOULD'VE been an easy fix if these guys weren't stupid fucking gorillas.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 09, 2014, 06:34:27 PM

Yes, there is nothing as horrifying as releasing a box of roaches inside a Texas business. Watch in amusement as they blend right in with the 500 other roaches that are already there. Have you ever been to Texas? Basic Training in Texas was my first experience with roaches that stop whatever they're doing and fly at you.

i was going to say that this probably wouldn't do anything because bot fly eggs wash out really easily in showers and baths and so generally don't bug humans; but then I remembered this store is in Texas.
schild
Administrator

Reply #32 on: June 09, 2014, 06:48:52 PM

I don't think I've ever seen Paradox get screentime during a big 3 PR conference.
schild
Administrator

Reply #33 on: June 09, 2014, 06:50:26 PM

And that's a big deal.
schild
Administrator

Reply #34 on: June 09, 2014, 06:51:00 PM

I guess everyone is happy about Disney buying Lucas(f)arts now. (lolll dadjokes)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Ruining a Local Business  
Jump to: