Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:01:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: F13 Fantasy Football 2014 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: F13 Fantasy Football 2014  (Read 79646 times)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

on: June 04, 2014, 02:37:57 PM

I set up the league for this coming season.  All of last year's participants should get an email invite.  Some time in July I will open it up to new people if anyone invited has not joined.  If you played last year and would NOT like to play this year, let me know as soon as you know.

Draft date is Sunday August 24th at 9PM EDT.  If this is bad for many, I can still change it easily enough.

I have never played WoW.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 02:41:24 PM

Back to kick ass.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 02:58:55 PM

I've been in this draft since... forever, but I think I will bow out this year.

It always drove me nuts to have someone who wouldn't look after their team properly and it's driving me even MORE nuts to know that the last couple years that person has been me.

Will still follow along, but it'd be more fair if I let someone else take my spot.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 04:17:29 PM

I won one league last year and came in 11th in the main league as well. This year, I'm going to actually draft my team so I don't end up with suckass Colin Kaep.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 05:38:01 PM

Marching to mediocrity once again!

Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 01:54:36 AM

Would like to join, but am on vacation on draft date.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 03:30:50 AM

Here comes the obligatory "what about the JV league?"  Because, where else can I go to finish in second place for the 18th consecutive year?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 11:03:57 AM

I'm in again for both leagues.

I think for the JV league people normally posted in the main league thread as well and emails magically went out later
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 11:18:34 AM

I haven't ever joined an f13 fantasy football league, but I would love to start this season if there is an opening.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 11:21:15 AM

There's usually room in the JV league, and it looks like there will be in the main league as well. 

I'll restart the JV league soon.. maybe even today.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 01:17:24 PM

I'm in if you have a spot as well.
Rasix

Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 01:20:58 PM

JV League renewed.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 02:00:25 PM

I'm JV'ed up again as well.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 04:13:10 AM

Yay!  Team Whippy, back again to play bridesmaid.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 06:48:44 AM

Ruvaldt has been invited. Phildo is top of the waitlist.

I have never played WoW.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 07:46:26 AM

The Invalids are back for the main league. Should be there for the draft.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 08:37:17 AM

The Ex-Presidents are ready for their freshman season!

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 03:07:19 PM

In for back-to-back.
WayAbvPar

Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 04:26:34 PM

I got the invite but haven't actually registered yet. I will get to it. Definitely in.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 12, 2014, 09:07:53 AM

Can someone set up the pick'em league as well?  I want to see if Haemish owns a Delorean. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #20 on: June 29, 2014, 11:50:33 AM

Haughty Dipshit and Ginger Gorillas, please accept invites or let me know if you want out. 

I have never played WoW.
WayAbvPar

Reply #21 on: June 29, 2014, 02:44:41 PM

Haughty Dipshit and Ginger Gorillas, please accept invites or let me know if you want out. 

Done. Will text GG and get him on it too.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 12:20:06 PM

GG is running out of time.  I cannot hold his spot forever.

I have never played WoW.
WayAbvPar

Reply #23 on: July 10, 2014, 12:30:20 PM

Just got a SMS confirmation that he is in. Whether he manages to log in or not is an entirely different question. If he doesn't accept in the next week or so feel free to fill his spot and post here so I can publicly mock him.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 05:08:53 PM

I see that he joined.  The league is full.

I have never played WoW.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #25 on: July 14, 2014, 12:21:59 PM

Too late for JV?

I think I remember how this works, and I wasn't last place in my non-F13 league.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: July 21, 2014, 01:46:22 PM

I've run a couple of drafts since the ESPN app makes it easy.

I think FF is going to be strange this year.  Seems you can field a team pretty well as long as you get in on those top 6 RBs.
Rasix

Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 01:48:04 PM

Too late for JV?

I think I remember how this works, and I wasn't last place in my non-F13 league.

I think there's room.  Go ahead.

-Rasix
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 22, 2014, 12:10:17 AM

I think FF is going to be strange this year.  Seems you can field a team pretty well as long as you get in on those top 6 RBs.

I usually buck the conventional thinking and avoid RBs with my first two picks.  Not because you are wrong, but because I just tend to not have much faith in any given RB for any given year that they will perform well.  I just don't trust that the pre-draft top 5 RBs will actually be the best 5 RBs.  I want my first couple of picks to be as close to "sure things" as is possible in this game.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #29 on: July 22, 2014, 05:53:06 AM

Too late for JV?

I think there's room.  Go ahead.

Am I supposed to already know where it is?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 22, 2014, 06:28:10 AM

I usually buck the conventional thinking and avoid RBs with my first two picks.  Not because you are wrong, but because I just tend to not have much faith in any given RB for any given year that they will perform well.  I just don't trust that the pre-draft top 5 RBs will actually be the best 5 RBs.  I want my first couple of picks to be as close to "sure things" as is possible in this game.

This is definitely bucking conventional thinking.  Who in your opinion are as close to sure things as you can get?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #31 on: July 22, 2014, 06:46:49 AM

I just need to not auto-draft. I've never had a good one.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 22, 2014, 11:57:15 AM

This is definitely bucking conventional thinking.  Who in your opinion are as close to sure things as you can get?

Last year, I took Calvin Johnson with my first pick.  I either try to make sure I get someone like that, or one of the top two or three QBs.  It usually works because everyone else is busy grabbing RBs.  The problem with that is that you can easily end up with an Arian Foster, a Ray Rice, a CJ2K or a MJD...guys who are projected to be the top Fantasy makers, but end up totally fucking not.  I get that RBs are the top points earners, but it is too much of a gamble these days to know WHICH ONES are going to be on top.  There are too many other factors on a team that determine whether or not an RB will have a good year.

Anyway, it tends to work for me.  But then, that is because I am probably the only one in the league who does it. 

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #33 on: July 22, 2014, 12:10:52 PM

I've found I end up losing if I have shitty WRs and an average QB. My RBs have almost never dictated my overall success.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 12:18:49 PM

I tend to prioritize RBs based on their past history in the passing game rather than their running stats. Also, my first round pick is almost always the best available WR. Generally works for me.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: F13 Fantasy Football 2014  
Jump to: