Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:27:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Mythic Entertainment closed 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mythic Entertainment closed  (Read 33494 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #70 on: June 02, 2014, 03:11:29 PM

The white lion pet was soooooo derpy when I played one (for about an hour), it made me year for the buggy-ass bonedancer pets.

THIS ONE'S MINE
<runs over the horizon>

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: June 02, 2014, 05:32:01 PM

Those guys were the best. Sometimes if you followed them they would lead you to a stealther 3 zones away.  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
JRave
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: June 02, 2014, 10:32:59 PM

That's giving them too much credit, I'm betting they honestly didn't know how to fix half the shit they used that excuse for, because clown shoes company.

Three-star ability with five-star drive.   awesome, for real
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #73 on: June 03, 2014, 02:03:46 PM

Those guys were the best. Sometimes if you followed them they would lead you to a stealther 3 zones away.  why so serious?

The most dreaded thing to hear that wasn't Ukobat-related in Darkness Falls was the group's bonedancer saying, "Hey, where's my pet?"

sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: June 03, 2014, 02:13:53 PM

Three-star ability with five-star drive.   awesome, for real
Hah, yeah. I forgot about that quote. WAR was such a delicious source of schadenfreude.
schild
Administrator

Reply #75 on: June 03, 2014, 02:52:55 PM

Shame they weren't smart enough to turn the first battlefield into a class-based all PvP MOBA with diablo-esque loot that was all cosmetic and levels akin to passive gems.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #76 on: June 03, 2014, 03:24:26 PM

3-star talent can't think that three dimensionally.

squirrel
Contributor

Reply #77 on: June 03, 2014, 09:28:59 PM

You're literally the only person I've heard of that played longer than the free month.

I played with a solid group.  We had a great time and melted some faces.  Lacking that, I never would have played longer than a month.  For me MMO's are mostly about the people.  I've gone on record as saying that most MMO's are little more than a chat room with a 3D interface.

It's funny to read this stuff now.  When WAR was in beta, the people on this forum were surprisingly positive about it.

I was one of those positive people until Mythic made a whole bunch of changes late in beta that were bad for the game. I believe at the time it even generated a thread here that Mark got involved in that then spiralled out of control. Anyway, nostalgia makes me sad to see them go but reality is they've been dead as a studio for a long time and MMORPG PvP of the style some of us like is not really popular and fuck it get off my lawn I have to watch House of Cards.

Edits: off vs of and fuck it I'm old and drunk go away
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:31:04 PM by squirrel »

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #78 on: June 04, 2014, 12:35:26 AM

I didn't mind the leveling cause you just go RvR battleground queue over and over - it was actually fun when the map didn't suck.
But once they put you in those craptastic map like Serpent's Passage and Tor Anroc where it's melee getting knocked into lava 75% of the time - I decided I've had enough.
Tried rerolling ranged class but by that time desire to play is dead.
I tried the end game raiding PVE - it was awful.
Tried the end game capital World RvR - got to final zone but no Order showed to challenge, hence points won't hit certain mark to trigger invasion.
Hahaha. Fuckno.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #79 on: June 05, 2014, 01:52:48 PM

Tor Anroc
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: June 05, 2014, 03:53:05 PM

Swordmaster. Grin

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #81 on: June 05, 2014, 05:29:48 PM

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: June 05, 2014, 08:40:20 PM

Ironbreaker.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Heh, yeah, the guys I ran with had a running joke that "Tor Anroc" is Dwarven for "Golf Course."
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #83 on: June 05, 2014, 10:01:13 PM

I miss my little ironbreaker sometimes, she looked awesome.  Heartbreak

Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: June 05, 2014, 11:04:02 PM

Ironbreaker.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Heh, yeah, the guys I ran with had a running joke that "Tor Anroc" is Dwarven for "Golf Course."

The crowning achievement of my dorfy healbot was the match in Tor Anroc where he managed to punt five dudes into the lava.

At once.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: June 05, 2014, 11:17:04 PM

My favorite Mythic moment was when they finally were forced to admit that your contribution for group events was determined randomly when the event popped.  What you did during the event had absolutely no impact on your award when it was completed.

That was hilarious. I remember around the time the game first came out, my buddies were doing a public quest and I was sort of close by. So I high-tailed it over to their area, while I can see the bosses health go down on my room-mate's screen, making a final dash to get into the area hoping to tag the boss and maybe score anything at all.....only to score 1st over all in contribution points. That's when we clued in, oh yeah, 3 Star Talent, 5 Star drive.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: June 06, 2014, 01:00:42 AM

I came to this very forum as a WAR fanboy. And quite fittingly it was the MMO to kill my MMO drive. Such high expectations... Me and a buddy spent a weekend travelling to be able to get a preview on the game and also got beta keys. Man, did that beta wear out fast. Never bought the game then. Still LOVE the class designs and I again had quite high expectations when they tried to do that MOBA spin off. I have no idea how they managed to take the best parts of WAR, the PvP and pure class designs and FUCK UP SO BADLY there, too... Good riddance.

Edit:
Shame they weren't smart enough to turn the first battlefield into a class-based all PvP MOBA with diablo-esque loot that was all cosmetic and levels akin to passive gems.
Exactly that.  swamp poop
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 01:05:15 AM by Bungee »

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: June 06, 2014, 12:36:28 PM

If you had high expectations of this game in the first place, you were broken. At best it was going to be a fun game.. maybe. Which it was for a few levels. I was in the late alpha or early beta and it was pretty awful back then.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: June 06, 2014, 12:38:18 PM

I'm not sure why you think the Warhammer license is worth much; WHFB is much less popular than 40k (last rumor I heard put WHFB at only 9% of GW's revenue, outsold by a single 40k army), itself an exclusive hobby of neckbeards. D&D, LotR, SW, pretty much any other Sci-Fi or Fantasy IP seems more popular.
Well what do you expect from a Warcraft rip-off?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Was this supposed to be green?  Someone tell me this was supposed to be green.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: June 06, 2014, 12:50:04 PM

Ohhhhh, I see.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: June 06, 2014, 01:17:54 PM

I'm not sure why you think the Warhammer license is worth much; WHFB is much less popular than 40k (last rumor I heard put WHFB at only 9% of GW's revenue, outsold by a single 40k army), itself an exclusive hobby of neckbeards. D&D, LotR, SW, pretty much any other Sci-Fi or Fantasy IP seems more popular.
Well what do you expect from a Warcraft rip-off?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Was this supposed to be green?  Someone tell me this was supposed to be green.
But they totally ripped Blizzard off!

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: June 06, 2014, 02:28:45 PM

pa_comic_song_that_ends_the_earth.png

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: June 06, 2014, 03:41:49 PM

I was *this close* to linking that.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: June 09, 2014, 07:22:38 AM

Please don't.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Mythic Entertainment closed  
Jump to: