Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:03:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: FIFA World Cup 2014 (Brazil) SPOILERS: Read at own risk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FIFA World Cup 2014 (Brazil) SPOILERS: Read at own risk  (Read 139198 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #805 on: July 10, 2014, 02:46:39 PM

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #806 on: July 10, 2014, 03:02:51 PM

That was fucking hysterical and just about 100% true. David Luiz's heat map in that is fucked up. I see why Mourinho played him as a defensive mid so much instead of a centre back.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #807 on: July 10, 2014, 03:21:26 PM

The of wiggum was excellent.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #808 on: July 10, 2014, 08:03:20 PM

In tackling Robben to stop him scoring, Mascherano, um, tore his ass. Just in case you thought nobody was really trying.
WayAbvPar

Reply #809 on: July 10, 2014, 09:57:35 PM

In tackling Robben to stop him scoring, Mascherano, um, tore his ass. Just in case you thought nobody was really trying.

Rectum? It nearly killed 'em.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #810 on: July 11, 2014, 12:46:47 AM

Mascherano and Vlaar were the two outstanding players on that day. Hollands issue was two fold 1. Dirk Kuyt 2. Dirk Kuyt.

Really though Holland spent so much time trying to negate Messi, Lavezzi and Perez they didn't have enough bodies in attack and then good old Kuyt and Wijnaldum slowed up every ball that came to them. The service to Robben and RVP was also terrible most of the time.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #811 on: July 11, 2014, 03:35:36 AM

God I wish he wasn't coming to coach Man Utd, I think I prefer Moyes's ineptitude to this wanker.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #812 on: July 11, 2014, 06:01:04 AM

He's definitely going to be divisive there was never any doubt he can rub people up the wrong way. But at least he'll be entertaining.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #813 on: July 12, 2014, 12:56:05 PM

Hoping for a fun bronze game with at least 4 goals.  I think Brazil is probably far more motivated, and Holland is without Snejder.  In any event, I hope at least that both teams pay aggressively...nothing could be shittier than a defense third place game.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #814 on: July 12, 2014, 01:04:57 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand huge controversy after 2 minutes.  That was a cut and dry red card to Thiago Silva.  The ref simply does not have the guts to give it.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #815 on: July 12, 2014, 01:07:41 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand huge controversy after 2 minutes.  That was a cut and dry red card to Thiago Silva.  The ref simply does not have the guts to give it.

No kidding.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #816 on: July 12, 2014, 01:09:11 PM

Heh, and he yellow's Robben when he is getting totally mugged for once.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #817 on: July 12, 2014, 01:11:07 PM

Yeah, that was weak.  I think the ref is probably just trying to make sure he leaves the stadium alive.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #818 on: July 12, 2014, 01:20:58 PM

It appears that David Luiz doesn't understand what defense is.  Which makes him fit in with his fellow defenders.

Seriously though, I cannot figure out tactically what they are doing.  When they get the ball out on the wing and try to get it into the box, there are not enough people in the box to do anything with the chance.  At the saem time, it isn't like they are able to get back on defense either.  It's like they are all stuck in the midfiled and just stand around waiting.

Terracotta Army

Reply #819 on: July 12, 2014, 01:29:00 PM

That yellow on Robben was nonsense.

As was that yellow. Wtf ref?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 01:42:48 PM by 01101010 »

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #820 on: July 12, 2014, 01:46:53 PM

Oscar is actually making things interesting.  He's pretty good.  He is raping De Guzman on the right side.

David Luiz may have completed a pass in the first half.  I sure as fuck can't remember seeing one, however.  That dude is shockingly bad.

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #821 on: July 12, 2014, 02:01:24 PM

The incident that led to the penalty happened outside the box. Should have been a red, then a free kick.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #822 on: July 12, 2014, 02:05:21 PM

The incident that led to the penalty happened outside the box. Should have been a red, then a free kick.

Even if it started outside the box, if it continued into the box then it is a penalty.

'If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding him inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick.'

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #823 on: July 12, 2014, 02:07:09 PM

Nope, Tale is correct.  An ordinary foul (like a tackle) it is where you fall.  With a hold like that one, the foul is given where he lets go of the hold.  That's why you see Thiago let go just before Robben gets in the penalty area.  Should have been a red card and a free kick.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #824 on: July 12, 2014, 03:02:10 PM

God I wish he wasn't coming to coach Man Utd, I think I prefer Moyes's ineptitude to this wanker.

Could be worse. You could get Felix Magath.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #825 on: July 12, 2014, 03:11:51 PM

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #826 on: July 12, 2014, 04:36:13 PM

90+3'    Jasper Cillessen is leaving the field to be replaced by Michel Vorm in a tactical substitution.

Coach Van Troll.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Terracotta Army

Reply #827 on: July 12, 2014, 04:41:25 PM

why so serious?

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #828 on: July 12, 2014, 04:51:57 PM

can't wait for PSG to make awesome defensive pair debut.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #829 on: July 13, 2014, 11:45:16 AM

Watching this game is going to be difficult, I really want Messi to win a World Cup because he is both an amazing player and he is not a whiny bitch like most of the other great players these days. But, I have always had an affinity for Germany because of family roots.

Here is hoping that it is a good clean match.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #830 on: July 13, 2014, 11:55:55 AM

My mind picks Germany, but my heart wants Argentina.  Either way, it's a win.  Hope it's a good match.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #831 on: July 13, 2014, 11:56:53 AM

Same here.  I guess I think Germany deserves it more, but I would sure like to see Messi win it.  Win-win, as long as it is an entertaining game.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #832 on: July 13, 2014, 12:00:50 PM

No Khedira for Germany, which is probably not great for them.

No De Maria for Argentina, which I think just about fucks them.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #833 on: July 13, 2014, 12:20:58 PM

Another dude with a fairly obvious concussion...get his ass back out there coach!

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #834 on: July 13, 2014, 12:33:04 PM

Kramer has no fucking idea where he is. That's bad.

Game has been plenty exciting so far, thank god.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #835 on: July 13, 2014, 12:40:49 PM

The Arg defense body checks a player out of the game but Schweinsteiger gets a yellow for a tactical foul, things only the ref probably noes the reason for.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #836 on: July 13, 2014, 12:46:14 PM

Yeah that yellow was piss weak.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #837 on: July 13, 2014, 12:47:15 PM

The Arg defense body checks a player out of the game but Schweinsteiger gets a yellow for a tactical foul, things only the ref probably noes the reason for.

That "body check" was incidental contact, and Germany is lucky they didn't get a red card for the " cleats straight to the nuts" foul.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #838 on: July 13, 2014, 12:47:41 PM

Gooooooooal...post.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #839 on: July 13, 2014, 12:48:29 PM

One of the most entertaining 0-0 halves of the world cup.  Germany is methodical and Argentina is dangerous.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: FIFA World Cup 2014 (Brazil) SPOILERS: Read at own risk  
Jump to: