Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:25:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: FIFA World Cup 2014 (Brazil) SPOILERS: Read at own risk 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FIFA World Cup 2014 (Brazil) SPOILERS: Read at own risk  (Read 139026 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #70 on: June 12, 2014, 07:26:03 PM

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #71 on: June 13, 2014, 03:03:50 AM

Today:

Mexico - Cameroon
Spain - Netherlands
Chile - Australia
---

During the 2010 WC, Mexico was a breath of fresh air; one of the youngest teams of the competition, quick and skillfull players. Hopefully we'll see a similar approach and performance 4 years later, they were really entertaining to watch. Obviously, a win for either team would mean getting 3 points ahead of Croatia (and put a serious dent on their qualification chancesI, which is very important considering how impressive the team was yesterday.

Spain - Netherlands is the highlight of the day: replay of the 2010 WC final, but without the immense pressure of the final. I look forward to a great game  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Chile - Australia: Chile could be a REAL pain in the ass and possibly get to the final stage ahead of either Spain or Netherlands. Look out for Vidal & Isla (FC Juventus), Sanchez (Barcellona)

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #72 on: June 13, 2014, 06:44:16 AM

I'm hoping for some real surprises, à la Cameroon in Italy 1990. Good times, that World Cup.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
WayAbvPar

Reply #73 on: June 13, 2014, 08:30:39 AM

Until FIFA starts handing out retroactive cards for simulation, shit like that Fred dive will continue to influence matches. Fucking shameful. They use goal line technology to make sure the score is correct, but do nothing to assist the referees. If they gave Fred a yellow card after the match, that shit would stop INSTANTLY. Especially with the (imo overly strict) yellow card accumulation rules in this particular tournament.

That being said, the first half was amazingly entertaining, and even the uneven second half had some fun spots. Hoping for 3 more good ones today. Hurray for TiVo!. Only complaint is this is really cutting into my US Open viewing, which is another event I normally like to watch.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #74 on: June 13, 2014, 09:56:11 AM

Do these assholes even know what offsides is? 

-Rasix
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: June 13, 2014, 10:02:29 AM

Soccer offside is retarded. If offside is ostensibly to prevent cherry picking, it's moronic to have it applied to passes originating in the box area or the final 10-20% of the field. I don't see why they don't just draw a line like in hockey, 3/4 way downfield, and say the ball must cross first before opposition players, after that anything is fair.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #76 on: June 13, 2014, 10:21:45 AM

Yeah offsides is one of those rules that needs to go. It would force teams to play the whole field, and open up scoring, which the international game desperately needs.

I agree on yellow cards after the fact. I didn't watch the game, I don't intend to watch any of the games because of shit just like that. It's crooked, it's biased, and they pretend it's part of the game.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: June 13, 2014, 12:37:57 PM

Off-sides are fine, just fix the flopping about and play the fucking game. You fall to the floor and roll around in pain, you get treatment off the field for 10 minutes. Oh your magically fine and don't need it, you get a card and fuck off for 20 minutes.

Seeing players just stop playing, when no whistle is blown, to complain to the ref that a whistle should be blown, just fucking play.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: June 13, 2014, 12:45:18 PM

Well that was pretty.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: June 13, 2014, 12:48:52 PM

Well that was pretty.

That was just sick...  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: June 13, 2014, 12:49:07 PM

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: June 13, 2014, 01:03:42 PM

Fucking surprised they didn't call it back for offside.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Rasix

Reply #82 on: June 13, 2014, 01:23:17 PM

This is quite a reaming.

edit: oops, used quote.  Meant to spoiler, but don't bother watching this if you recorded it.  This is like watching a kid getting beat up by a kangaroo.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 01:42:55 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: June 13, 2014, 01:41:05 PM

6/13/2014 - The day the Spanish dynasty died?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Rasix

Reply #84 on: June 13, 2014, 01:45:16 PM

-Rasix
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: June 13, 2014, 01:56:58 PM

Whoa, what an unexpected beatdown!!!  ACK! DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Robben...That half volley toward the end of the match was amazing. Nice match, anyway, no matter the abysmal Spain defence.
---

Next up for Spain is Chile, and if Chile wins tonight, I think we might witness an early exit for the champions.

Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: June 13, 2014, 03:56:55 PM

Anyone know what happened to the spoiler icon? Did I mistakenly remove it from my button menu somehow?

Rasix

Reply #87 on: June 13, 2014, 03:58:07 PM

-Rasix
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: June 13, 2014, 04:20:20 PM

Good match by Mexico earlier today, their attacking phase is still very enjoyable and dynamic. Brazil - Mexico should be very entertaining :)

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: June 13, 2014, 04:30:16 PM

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: June 13, 2014, 04:36:52 PM

« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 04:37:16 PM by Trippy »

Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: June 13, 2014, 05:16:14 PM

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: June 13, 2014, 05:22:49 PM

I DVR matches that are on while I'm at work. However, I'm not stupid enough to read a FIFA World Cup 2014 thread if I have something waiting unwatched on the DVR.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: June 13, 2014, 08:21:06 PM

I only got to watch about half of the Spain and Netherlands match today.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #94 on: June 13, 2014, 09:35:48 PM

I DVR sporting events because fuck the metric shitton of commercials, play stoppages and other various time-wasting bullshit sporting events are saddled with. Also, I was at work. I also knew not to click on any spoiler tags before I got to see the match.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: June 13, 2014, 10:31:25 PM

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #96 on: June 14, 2014, 12:47:45 AM

England's national football team visited an orphanage in Brazil yesterday. "It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope" said Jose, age 6

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: June 14, 2014, 01:46:58 AM

Jesus, this shit is unwatchable.  Everyone is going to the ground like the stadium is full of snipers.  From what I've seen over the years, the only ones who don't seem to do this on a regular basis are the English, Scottish and Irish.  Its all to common with the other Euro teams and don't even get me started on the South Americans.  Soccer can fuck right off.  Not watching this shit anymore.  I should have known better than to waste my time.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: June 14, 2014, 04:45:07 AM

For whatever reason, I have always thought it was the Latin cultures that are the worst offenders.  The Anglos tend not to do it, the Asians don't seem to do it much.  The Africans might do it a little, but not nearly as much as the Latins.  Mid East players may be a close second.

I may be wrong, that's just how I have always seen it.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: June 14, 2014, 05:13:31 AM

England's national football team visited an orphanage in Brazil yesterday. "It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope" said Jose, age 6

I laughed a bit too hard at this...  awesome, for real

Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: June 14, 2014, 05:22:25 AM

For whatever reason, I have always thought it was the Latin cultures that are the worst offenders.  The Anglos tend not to do it, the Asians don't seem to do it much.  The Africans might do it a little, but not nearly as much as the Latins.  Mid East players may be a close second.

I may be wrong, that's just how I have always seen it.

Was night and day in the Australia / Chile match. Chilean players seems to always drop and roll around for a bit. Makes me wonder how they got all that ink tattooed on their bodies since THAT stuff actually hurts. I can see getting kicked or knocking shins or having cleats jabbed into your leg could hurt, but don't make an ass of yourself by dying on the field and within the next 10 seconds be running around full tilt. Australian players dropped and got right back up save for 2 times that I saw and one of those times the player left the game because it was an actual injury.

I did like the fact that some of these refs are calling out the flopping, at least it seems that way from the interactions I see them having with 'victims' on no-calls. I can't speak spanish and only can cherry pick a few words so Univision is no help in the commentary.

And with the international mixture of the teams, what language do the refs speak when communicating with teams from different language background? Are they are multi-lingual? Was kinda curious about that in the Holland/Spain match and then in the Aussie/Chile match.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: June 14, 2014, 05:28:48 AM

I think English is expected.  Or at least, I think the Croatians were complaining that their judge did not speak English, and instead was speaking Japanese to everybody.  So that makes me think they usually speak English.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: June 14, 2014, 05:34:46 AM

The ref's are also supposed to communicate in English. Part of the job for this level.

Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: June 14, 2014, 06:26:17 AM

The ref's are also supposed to communicate in English. Part of the job for this level.

Thanks for the info. I can put that question to bed then.

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: June 14, 2014, 08:28:34 AM

It's one of the perks of winning world wars.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: FIFA World Cup 2014 (Brazil) SPOILERS: Read at own risk  
Jump to: