Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:18:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: John Pinette departs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: John Pinette departs  (Read 3921 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

on: April 07, 2014, 06:02:28 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/06/john-pinette-dead_n_5101932.html

Seen this guy's stand up 3 times, twice here in Pittsburgh and never failed to have me laughing. Even chatted with him a hour before the last show I saw outside a coffee shop near the club he was at. Dunno about the Seinfeld actor as he was in a clip in one show... more known as the "free wirry" or the "you here for 4 hour" guy.

Heartbreak

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 06:16:02 AM

Yeah I'm a fan and saw him live twice. He was supposed to be in my area this week coming up so I was hoping to see him again. One of the funniest bits I heard was something I assumed was improvisation: a story of how he had to use his friend's (manager?) tiny car to get to the Improv.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 06:32:51 AM

He was the guy getting mugged in the finale, if I remember.

Looks like the lifestyle caught up with him. Comedians, man. It's like an early death sentence for so many of these guys with either drugs or other bad habits.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 07:06:39 AM

He was the guy getting mugged in the finale, if I remember.

Looks like the lifestyle caught up with him. Comedians, man. It's like an early death sentence for so many of these guys with either drugs or other bad habits.

Well he did clean up his eating a bit. He dropped a ton of weight, but I guess there is only so much you can try to do to repair the sins of the past. One of his redeeming qualities was his ability to laugh at himself and get you to laugh with him. His best bit for me was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpMkRIXhLH0

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 01:34:56 PM

Yeah I'm a fan and saw him live twice. He was supposed to be in my area this week coming up so I was hoping to see him again. One of the funniest bits I heard was something I assumed was improvisation: a story of how he had to use his friend's (manager?) tiny car to get to the Improv.

One of his original bits from the 90s was him talking about how he bought a Mazda Miata so it was probably just a variant on that theme.

He was a funny guy. Will be missed.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 09:12:58 AM

Didn't know his name, but knew his face and voice. Funny guy. Another fat guy dead way too early. Hoping one of these will finally sink in enough for me to get myself into a shape other than round before it is too late  Ohhhhh, I see.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 12:04:21 PM

I guess it was his turn to get out of the line.

I'll miss him.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 12:11:58 PM

You go now. You been here 50 years. There no more life.

Comedians have very black senses of humor. It's not mocking, it's an homage.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 07:08:25 AM

Weird bot is weird.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: John Pinette departs  
Jump to: