Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:51:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Crusader 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crusader  (Read 62841 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: April 29, 2014, 08:07:14 AM

I have Janken-board.  It's the most fucking awesome thing in the game.  Mine is really, really shite and STILL puts big yellow numbers all over the shop.  It stacks with the 3-shatter shield rune, so if I provoke to full wrath, shit just dies.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: April 29, 2014, 08:22:24 AM

I have Janken-board.  It's the most fucking awesome thing in the game.  Mine is really, really shite and STILL puts big yellow numbers all over the shop.  It stacks with the 3-shatter shield rune, so if I provoke to full wrath, shit just dies.

And then you get the flail that removes the wrath cost from blessed shield and you are basically playing a whole different game.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: April 29, 2014, 08:34:17 AM

Wait, WHAT ?

schild
Administrator

Reply #73 on: April 29, 2014, 08:48:43 AM

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: April 29, 2014, 08:53:58 AM

That is soooo broken.

Sure, it's not a 2 hander, but broooooken.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: April 29, 2014, 12:07:40 PM

schild
Administrator

Reply #76 on: April 29, 2014, 12:13:19 PM

Beating a T6 Rift with perfect Gear + Ring of Royal Grandeur.

Yes, that seems like the more apt title.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: April 29, 2014, 12:31:12 PM

Isn't there a ring set that gives 50% extra damage with spenders when your resource is full? that might beat rorg + soj if you have the flail and shield.

I am the .00000001428%
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: April 29, 2014, 12:34:38 PM

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: April 29, 2014, 12:47:04 PM

Yeah, that's pretty much what I would have expected there in the playstyle;  the damage not so much - he seemed to be taking tons and not getting much life back.  My chaps is the opposite.

Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: May 13, 2014, 11:34:57 AM

Removal of the run speed penalty to Heavenly Strength is worth the price of admission all by itself in this patch Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  I wonder if they modified the crusader weapon that also removed the penalty?  That's one of the few I don't have laying around

Got a stone of Jordan to drop, as well as aughild's plans.  Still can't get a jekangbord or gyrfalcon, but I'm working on switching back to +holy damage again anyways.  I've got 3/6 akkhan sitting in the bank, and once I start changing over my gear won't sustain the +fire build I've been using.  I hate that Akkhan's bonus is to akkarat's champion, but even with current crap I should wind up around 75% cooldown reduction, which almost gets it down to the 20 seconds needed for constant uptime, and I'm sure I can get a few more percentage points somewhere.  Of course, that requires two more pieces to drop...

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: May 14, 2014, 02:56:32 AM

We've increased the 15% damage reduction to 30% to match that of the Monk and Barbarian

REALLY ?? YOU FOUND YOU HAD TO DO THAT EVENTUALLY ?  IT DIDN'T OCCUR TO YOU THAT WOULD BE NEEDED ?

Ok, I'm a convert to loving the game, but Blizzard still fucking suck at thinking.

Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: May 14, 2014, 07:09:09 AM

I may stick with fire after all, since they've tweaked the damage types; less reforging.  Also, with the right shield, the passive changes, and some CDR shield glare is now effectively a permanent cc/damage buff to everything nearby.

Edit:  Feels like they changed something with the shield glare cooldown since last night; it was refreshing at about 5 seconds while today it's taking around 8.

Edit 2:  Did I say less reforging?  8 tries now and the bracer still won't re-roll fire  swamp poop  Going back to fire has still been worth it, even so (but FUCK YOU BRACER).  Having some trouble getting used to using Condemn with a timer rather than instant-cast, though.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:55:53 AM by Polysorbate80 »

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: May 14, 2014, 10:16:34 AM

OK, let's talk legendaries. You need lots and lots of scap legendaries to salvage for parts to do enchanting to improve other stuff, right? Do you still need scrap form legendaries to enchant rares? Cause that's just mean. Or can you even enchant legendaries at all?

Anywho, so I need to be finding lots of legendaries and scrapping some of them. But which ones do I keep and which do I salvage? Is there a list of class-defining game changers for all classes or do I have to wade through the research for each and every class to compile a list of keepers as wrll as look carefully at everything else and guess how important it might be to a class I may want to play in the future? Because I don't have room to keep everything and there's the need to scrap some anyway, but having to make so many decisions with so little knowledge is killing me.

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: May 14, 2014, 10:44:38 AM

You can (and should) enchant legendaries and set items.

As to what to scrap:  My general suggestion is to keep one of any class specific items; even if it sucks now they might change something later to make it awesome.  If you get a duplicate, keep the better of the two.  Also, what's considered best-in-class isn't always cut-and-dried, despite what the powergaming number crunchers will say.  If the "best" gear forces a playstyle I hate, then I don't want it.  And TBH, unless one is trying to do T6 there's a lot of ways to get shit done.

Otherwise bust up all that generic stuff with no special powers at all, or useless powers like xp on gold pickup.  That keeps me in plenty of forgotten souls most of the time, except like right now when the item I'm trying to reforge will NOT give me the stat I want.

Beyond that there's other considerations like "does this have more than one stat I would need to reforge on it therefore recycle it", but that usually requires more thought. 

Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: May 14, 2014, 02:20:49 PM

Thanks, but that puts me back to looking for a list? Or is there some hint I'm missing that flags *this is a class specific item don't scrap it doofus!* ? 

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #86 on: May 14, 2014, 02:27:36 PM

Class specific shields will be "crusader shields" or have crusader specific orange text.  Crusader specific weapon is likely to be a flail or grand flail.  Other than a list, you'll just have to look closely for the rest.

-Rasix
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: May 15, 2014, 01:29:11 AM

I do not like the removal of the 'drop nephalim orb' rune on Law.

I do not like it at all.

lesion

Reply #88 on: May 15, 2014, 04:13:27 PM

There are those bracers that give ~6% chance to drop an orb on blind...!

steam|a grue \[T]/
Rasix

Reply #89 on: May 15, 2014, 05:00:43 PM

Got my crusader to 70. Still do no damage.  YAY.   awesome, for real  Is there a spec that's decent for DPS when your gear still makes no sense and has zero synergy?

-Rasix
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: May 15, 2014, 10:01:30 PM

Bring a wizard friend.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: May 16, 2014, 08:57:23 AM

Shield bash + pound hits like a freaking mack truck.  It's critting for over 3 mill and i'm only lvl 63 with a yellow unsocketed flail.

I am the .00000001428%
Rasix

Reply #92 on: May 16, 2014, 11:21:47 AM

I used the fire rune, since I could make a Piro Marella and had a little +fire damage.  Added bonus is that you get some AOE clear with it as well.

-Rasix
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: May 17, 2014, 06:55:42 PM

Hit 70 on my second HC crusader this morning, got a decent Jek from kadala and now i'm breezing through torment 1 rifts.  I easily face tank everything, my health barely drops and my damage is miles better than a fresh 70 should be at.  Some of that might be the jek, but i feel pretty OP atm. 

I am the .00000001428%
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #94 on: May 21, 2014, 08:18:09 AM

I enjoy how I've found plans for literally like a dozen set/legendary items but somehow all of the legendary mats I find are for plans I don't have

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: May 21, 2014, 08:30:18 AM

That's not the real winner.

The real winner is when you're playing with a partner (in my case, usually the wife) and the plans drop for one, the reagent for the other.  And you can't trade.

This has now happened at least 4 times.  It's insanely coincidental and hugely annoying.

Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: May 21, 2014, 09:47:41 AM

I've got a cache tab full of mats, and finally got maybe 10 sets of new plans over the last couple of days. 

Alas, they're all worth fuckall as upgrades.  So I spent the evening levelling the witch doctorette to 70 and used some to make her some generic 70 legendaries

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: May 21, 2014, 11:22:04 AM

It's not even worth it to make generic level 70 legendaries.  Unless you get extremely lucky a yellow you can easily craft and reroll into the perfect stats will serve you a lot better than rolling the dice on a legendary.  Only stuff with specific orange bonuses that fit your build are worth crafting, or set items, or the few legendaries that come preset with mostly already good stats.  Six random properties stuff is either going to blow or cost a ton to fix.

I am the .00000001428%
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: May 21, 2014, 11:34:10 AM

The last week has left me with 30+ forgotten souls with no immediate use on top of a bunch of shitty mats with NO use and crafting plans of dubious quality.  I said "fuck it" and made a bunch of shit.  Most of it actually turned out ok, the umbral oath was the only one that took some re-jiggering.

It'll all be replaced in a week anyway, yellow or orange  Ohhhhh, I see.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: May 21, 2014, 11:42:43 AM

That's not the real winner.

The real winner is when you're playing with a partner (in my case, usually the wife) and the plans drop for one, the reagent for the other.  And you can't trade.

This has now happened at least 4 times.  It's insanely coincidental and hugely annoying.

I could have sworn that I have successfully traded a recipe with somebody in my party before. I must be mistaken, I will have to check that out again.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: May 21, 2014, 12:38:05 PM

I'm going to feel a right cunt if you're right. That said only plans you need drop so its sophies choice.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: May 21, 2014, 01:04:17 PM

I'm going to feel a right cunt if you're right. That said only plans you need drop so its sophies choice.

Next time you group with somebody, and a material or recipe drops hover over it and see if it has the two hour trade timer like other items do. I would do it but I cant log on till much later.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #102 on: May 21, 2014, 01:04:57 PM

They're bound.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #103 on: May 23, 2014, 09:04:48 AM

It's not even worth it to make generic level 70 legendaries.  Unless you get extremely lucky a yellow you can easily craft and reroll into the perfect stats will serve you a lot better than rolling the dice on a legendary.  Only stuff with specific orange bonuses that fit your build are worth crafting, or set items, or the few legendaries that come preset with mostly already good stats.  Six random properties stuff is either going to blow or cost a ton to fix.

once you have enough crafting recipies and mats sitting around, it's a goddamned orgy for the next class you get up to 70. so that's kinda cool
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Crusader  
Jump to: