Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:23:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Failoffs Second Round! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Failoffs Second Round!  (Read 5331 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: March 18, 2014, 12:36:00 PM

Round 1 happened, 3 teams go home and four continue on for the dubious honour of being least rubbish.

Play these games by Thursday 27th please.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 01:03:02 PM

Go ogres!  awesome, for real

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 01:24:14 PM

Congratulations to failoff players that have reached day 2 and especially to stabby for winning his first game this season.
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 06:10:43 AM

Alright! Now I can end my first season in complete shame by being eliminated by Halflings!  why so serious?

Professor stabby-Hime reporting in from EST (GMT-5), name your time and place good sir and we shall... err, who am I playing again?

... bleedin' murphy, this is why I need a quest compass.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 08:07:43 AM

Ramas goes by the name Eldaec on the forum.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 02:21:45 PM

Tis me. Sunday is probably best.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 03:23:09 PM

Ah, good then. Added you on steam, feel free to sort out what time works best for ya Sunday so we can figure the time differential.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 07:12:39 PM

Go ogres!  awesome, for real
Heart

Talked to Satael the other day and based on time difference and schedules, it looks like we're aiming for the weekend.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 07:17:03 PM

Necro is hot favorite here.
It's almost as if stabby planned this from the start to drop out of winner's playoffs and dominate.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 08:06:20 PM

Necro is hot favorite here.

We clearly aren't reading the same thread.

It's almost as if stabby planned this from the start to drop out of winner's playoffs and dominate.

Did you hit your head lately? Because that might explain a few things...  Ohhhhh, I see.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 12:33:47 AM

I don't know what's going on but I have a deep sense of dread and foreboding...  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Wrestlers 2 - 1 Theorists

So, game started badly for me.
We had some connection issues during my set up phase which meant the clock ticked down while I couldn't do anything and only got to set up half of my team.
A team that was 2 Ogres (close to 500TV) down.
Chaos, true to their nature, respond to this by kicking the ball off the field and so I give it to a snot who flies down the field only to KO on landing...

The rest of the first half was a mess of applied theory and by that I mean there was a point where I only had 1 snotling standing and the rest of my team was either on the ground or off the pitch.
Thankfully the injuries only started in the second half.

Half time was 0 - 0
This is mainly because Satael had great dice on everything but picking up the ball.

Second half was a different story.
My snotling must have had enough of eating dirt and decided to go after the ball, swarming all over the place and actually managing to pick it up and get away with it.
Second kick gave me a blitz where I managed to get a snot under the landing and once again he actually caught it!! (then got punched in the face by pretty much every goat available)

Satael scored right near the end of the game after finally being able to pick up the ball and promptly plowing through everything in his way.
He managed to kill a level 1 snot, give a niggling injury to a second level 1 snot and reduce the movement of a level 4 snot.
Games like this make me glad for saving my money.

Sid Vicious got my MVP and is 4SPP off level 6  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Game uploaded
Stats:

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 02:29:49 AM

Wrestlers 2 - 1 Theorists

It was a nice game to end the season on since I lost mainly due to my own mistakes and not the dice (though failing to pick up the ball for many turns in a row was a bit frustrating). The only other gripe is that the star player took the mvp for my team.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #12 on: March 22, 2014, 08:02:02 AM

My pick of stabby winning playoff still stands. Jolly good, Canada.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #13 on: March 22, 2014, 08:24:36 AM

I am unironically excited at the prospect of a Halflings v Ogres Failoff Final.

stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 22, 2014, 04:18:40 PM

Suddenly I find myself motivated enough to win this thing, as the opportunity to deal with a pesky asterix is not one I want to pass up before I drop the team.

Think it's time for wee little stabby to put on the game face.  Hello Kitty

Edit: By the way eldaec, is tomorrow still posible for you (well, technically your today I guess). Haven't heard a follow up from you, and curiousity and all. If not, I'd wager that currently the time difference (UK, right?) shouldn't be too hard to overcome given my current schedule, though that may change at the drop of a hat.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 05:47:20 PM by stabby the mime »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 12:43:10 AM

Should be online from around 10.00 your time.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 23, 2014, 09:05:21 AM

....running late, apologies.

stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 23, 2014, 11:48:49 AM

No worries, I woke up late myself so it's no matter.

Then again, I did start my day with a proper 'stabby' moment so now when sitting down I've got to choose between mind-numbing pain in either my lower back or my knee. Going to have to back out of a match today, as I'm going to lie down for a good long while and my netbook can't handle BB beyond roster management.

You should still be able to find me on steam to see how we can reschedule though.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 23, 2014, 12:33:04 PM

Game postponed to either wednesday or thursday.

Get well soon!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 12:34:41 PM by eldaec »

stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 11:51:24 AM

Well, Halfings and Necro played today, and it was an odd case as the story is different than what the block dice seem to show.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Failoffs Second Round!  
Jump to: