Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:16:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Failoffs. First Round 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Failoffs. First Round  (Read 4516 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: March 09, 2014, 05:11:53 PM

Here are the fixtures for round one of the Failoffs. Eldaec gets a bye as the Spiky Wasters are a dummy team to fill Lamaros's spot.

Matches must be played by Tuesday 18th March. Please upload them to BBManager as Season 8 Day 8.

If you aren't planning to play, then please say so and I'll award your opponent the default win.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 04:05:21 AM

Steam friend request sent to Wolvens Requiem.
Let's see if I can get knocked out in the first round again  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 01:02:56 PM

Chaos String Theorists barely manage to win their first failoff game despite some serious efforts to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
First half was scoreless with theorists making it almost to the end zone (failing a gfi with rr).
Second half theorists opted not to take the last gfi for a td (since out of rr) but that let the dwarves bring a player in contact with the ball carrier. Luckily the carrier was able to blitz-push the dwarf and score despite this added (read: my mistake in not covering a downed dwarf) excitement on the last turn.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 03:46:37 PM

stabby!  i'm around this week after 6 PST(GMT-8).  find me on steam and we'll hash it out.
Wolvens Requiem
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 06:30:26 AM

Steam friend request sent to Wolvens Requiem.
Let's see if I can get knocked out in the first round again  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

If you see me online I am usually free and up for it! Looking forwards to the game!
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 03:29:53 PM

stabby!  i'm around this week after 6 PST(GMT-8).  find me on steam and we'll hash it out.

Sounds good, especially if it can happen on Thursday. Also I added you on steam (at least I hope that's you), so we'll see what happens.
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 07:01:53 AM

Hey drogg, can you give me a quick reminder as to your steam name? I'm starting to think that there's someone else in the steam group wondering why an angry lookin' panda's added them as a friend, and after missing you most of the week it's just occured to me that the time I've just missed you by today feels kind of iffy for someone who's 3 hours behind me (translation: why would anyone be up that early on a Sunday? ... besides spending an all-nighter reading an unexpectedly funny manga I mean  Ohhhhh, I see.)

Beyond that, I'll let you know that my weekday schedule has seen a dramatic increase in free time, so scheduling a game that's on the later end for me won't be much of an issue (as thankfully job-hunting hours can take place before your 6pm... *sigh*)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 07:29:04 AM

Drogg is 'Robert' (with the quotes).

stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 07:36:32 AM

Ah, so my aim wasn't off then.

Well, hopefully referring to myself as Professor stabby-Hime will lend me some credibility in future dealings then.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 07:44:03 AM by stabby the mime »
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 07:28:30 AM

I managed to catch Wolven's Requiem before the time ran out and he did the inconceivable  ACK!

Wrestlers 2 - 0 Vibrant Filling

That's right, this season the Ogres aren't the biggest losers!  (Unless you're talking size, because you know, Ogres)

Game was painful, with the 1,050,000 in inducements Morg was on the other team and he started the match by taking down one of my Ogres.
The pain continued throughout match but after a while my Ogres had enough and started actually hitting back.

The main thing is that while 1's were being rolled all over the place, my snots were doing bullshit dodges *and* managing to pick up the ball, while all the littile annoying things were happening to the chaos team.
If the ball could land in somewhere to annoy them, it did.
Need to make that GFI to score, nope.
Want your Minotour to do much of anything, I don't think so.

Wolven's Requiem had an annoying game but was really good about it.
I hope he had more fun than it sounded like.

Game uploaded

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Wolvens Requiem
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 08:35:11 AM

I enjoy winning to be sure, but I enjoy the act of playing BB as well especially against friendly opponents!

I had a good time if a little frustrating! Thanks for the game!
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 01:16:28 PM

Just Stabby v Drogg to go for day 1.

stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 02:02:44 PM

Just Stabby v Drogg to go for day 1.

No worries, contact has been made as the Stan Bush Brigade shall be facing off against the Manly Men of Khorne tonight at 10pm Eastern/7pm Pacific (check your local listings).
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 08:29:57 PM

Though I do hate to double post, a previously mentioned match was played.

*sigh*

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 08:31:03 PM

grats. im happy for u. i really am.
fuckingturn14scaregoddamnwhywontulistentomestabby

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 07:50:45 AM

fuckingturn14scaregoddamnwhywontulistentomestabby

I see you keep forgetting that my steam overlay doesn't work properly in game, so I don't see what you're saying. (Again, no Alt-tab for you!)

Nevermind the fact that the advice you give is about 2-3 turns too late due to the delay, nya?
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 12:37:01 PM

Day advanced, go play your semifinal matches.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Failoffs. First Round  
Jump to: