Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:19:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Player housing inc 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Player housing inc  (Read 24112 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

on: March 07, 2014, 11:03:54 AM

Teaser thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-rji3OrT2KQ

Haven't found any actual details yet but they likely talked about it at the recent Cantina Tour stop, looking for details now.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 11:05:35 AM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 11:07:19 AM

Always thought your ship was your house...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 11:21:25 AM

I'm not one to look a housing system in the mouth, but I honestly expected this to come (if it ever did) in the form of "you can finally customize the interior of your ship." And maybe do something in it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 11:23:09 AM by Stormwaltz »

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 11:26:37 AM

This still exists?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 07:53:38 PM

Letting a few people throw unlimited money at them proved to be a better decision than making everyone spend $15.

I'm surprised it's not your ship, but maybe they felt the space was too limiting?  Maybe that will still be an option.  I certainly think of my ship as my home more than any terrestrial location.  Guess we'll see once they announce some details.

(In SWG it was fine to have a home on a planet, but they were massive and open, rather than tiny zones.  Plus player cities and multiple houses and all that.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 03:19:35 AM

Oh look, another disappointing decision by Bioware. 
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 08:23:26 PM

I don't think it's because the ship interior space is limiting.  The housing is more along the lines of "easy to throw together an interior, call it a 'feature', and charge major cartel coins for customization options."  Probably going to be a whole expansion centered around this being its (only) feature.

Ship is sufficient for me; couldn't care less for an apartment.

Would love the apartment to be implemented with cartel coins rent, just so I can laugh at all the fans of the idea.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 11:56:51 AM

More info dropped.  Apparently they want to ride the WoW bandwagon still with "Galactic" Strongholds  why so serious?

http://www.swtor.com/galactic-strongholds

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 11:58:41 AM

Guild capital ships is something people have been begging for from day 1. Guessing pants are very tight on most servers right now.

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 02:16:08 PM

1.5 million credit "value" for 4 empty rooms, probably 10-20 million for fully upgraded "palace" (and there are 3 for you to get), and I'm going to take a wild guess and say that to launch the guild flagship the whole guild may need to grind 500 million to "build" it first.

Numbers above are impossible to gather unless you're subscriber (so you don't have limits on your wallet), and will make a very nice cash sink to empty out all the level 55's who are sitting on 20-40 million per character.  Plus, their subscriber base will increase because it's a new expansion, and all the re-subscribers will probably spend real cash on cartel coins like crazy, cause it's new shiny. 

4 interior rooms / environments.  Like we already have in our ships.  Such hard work they do...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 02:22:50 PM by ajax34i »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 02:17:26 PM

Nah, it won't be that absurd of a number.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 02:59:46 PM

Producer's Letter on the topic - pushed out 2 months:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20140423

Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds
Hi everyone!

For the past year, we've made it our goal to share updates and information on what’s happening in the studio and our upcoming plans for the game. We got the message that you appreciate transparency and want to know what we are working on. With that in mind, we wanted to share a change in plans to our most recently announced digital expansion, Galactic Strongholds.

We have been listening to what you, our players, were hoping to see from the Galactic Strongholds expansion. When playing early builds of Galactic Strongholds it became that clear that our June Early Access date was simply not enough. For this to truly feel like an expansion, it needs to include the full set of features, including those originally coming later in the year. So what does this mean? We are moving the start date for Subscriber Early Access from June 24th to August 19th in order to deliver to you the most features at the highest level of quality. The result will be a far more compelling experience, including additional features such as the ability to place your vehicles and pets in your Stronghold and for Guilds to conquer planets . To conquer a planet, Guilds must complete weekly Conquest events earning points to place at the top of the Guild Leaderboards. Conquering a planet gives the Guild special perks and rewards. This means that Subscribers will be the first to play the full slate of expansion features (everything!) at the start of Subscriber Early Access, a month before everyone else.

This additional time allows us to add:

Conquest Events: use the power of your Stronghold to dominate these events and earn rewards
Guild Flagships will now offer expanded functionality for Guilds:
Provide powerful buffs to Guild members from orbit
Transport entire groups to your personal coordinates instantaneously
Compete in Conquest Events to conquer entire planets
New Stronghold: Tatooine Homestead
Vehicles, Mounts, Pets, and Companion Characters can be placed as decorations in Strongholds
Combine that with the original feature list…

3 unique Player Strongholds, one on each Capital World plus the Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace
2 faction-specific Guild Flagships (Valor-class Cruiser for the Republic and Harrower-class Dreadnaught for the Empire)
Legacy Stronghold Storage
Ability to gain Prestige tracked on Prestige Leaderboards
Hundreds of Decorations to discover and collect
…and the result is an expansion that’s worth waiting for!

The additional features and time shift means some adjustments in other parts of our plan:

May 4th remains the Subscriber deadline for Bonus Cartel Coins Grant to the sweet tune of 1000 Cartel Coins!

May 11th is no longer the deadline for Strongholds Early Access rewards but as a thank you to all of our Subscribers as of this date, we are giving you the following rewards:

Exclusive Subteroth minipet (delivered in Update 2.7.2)
Two Character Titles “The Intrepid” (delivered in Update 2.7.2) and “The Illustrious” (delivered in Game Update 2.9)
A sprawling Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace with five additional rooms unlocked
Stronghold Name "Galactic Stronghold"
July 15th is our new deadline for Subscriber Rewards for Early Access, and you must be a Subscriber by this date to claim the Subscriber Early Access Rewards:

The luxurious Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace with three additional rooms unlocked
Stronghold Name "Galactic Stronghold"
Character Title "The Illustrious" (delivered in Game Update 2.9)
August 19th is Game Update 2.9: Galactic Strongholds Digital Expansion Subscriber Early Access!

Preferred Early Access and the Official Launch will follow in September and October. Be sure to visit www.swtor.com/galactic-strongholds for more specific dates and details.

Our goal is to keep you informed, so stay tuned in the next couple of weeks for an update on the summer roadmap, including Game Update 2.8. For all of us working on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, we appreciate your support. We’re extremely excited about Galactic Strongholds and can’t wait to share it with you. Keep the feedback coming! See you in-game!

Bruce Maclean
Senior Producer

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 04:14:11 PM

Companion Characters can be placed as decorations in Strongholds

Take off that jacket and those pants, Doc, you're being placed as decoration.

Kinda bummed it's getting pushed out, and the new guild stuff makes me wonder if we should think about joining a real one.

God Save the Horn Players
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 06:58:02 PM

Is the housing just for guilds? Because, screw that.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 07:15:19 PM

No, the housing is personal, like your current ship basically.

Hoping that they make the guild flagship a rest zone, with all the amenities, shuttles to all the planets, and an unlimited "teleport to guild flagship" pass.  So people can log off their characters there.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 01:05:50 PM

Yeah, the housing stuff is for individuals, the guild ship stuff is the stuff I know our baby guild of "holy shit 5 people are logged in at once mark this day on your calendar" is probably not going to be able to do.

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 01:47:34 PM

I am okay with this, because I get the ability to live on Tatooine.

Coruscant and Nar Shaddaa? Blergh. If I liked living in crowded, overbright cities, I'd still be renting in Baltimore, not owning a house in the middle of cornfields and orchards.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 02:10:58 PM

Would be cool if the Tatooine stronghold looked like a Hutt palace, complete with the heavy gate with the built-in eye-droids like in the movie, and a rancor pit for your PVP rancor mount.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 04:32:44 PM

I would not be surprised if that's exactly what it was.

It's also just as likely to be one of those moisture farm compounds though.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 04:38:08 PM

Homestead makes it sound more likely to be like the hole in the ground moisture farms, yes. The ones that magically don't fill up with sand somehow.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 04:41:12 PM

Force fields!

Over and out.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 09:21:47 AM

Take off your pants and jacket, Doc
FIFY
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #22 on: May 06, 2014, 12:03:50 AM

Hey, I let him wear clothes when we're actually fighting stuff! I'm not a monster!  why so serious?

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #23 on: May 06, 2014, 07:16:56 PM

You should be able to freeze Corvo in carbonite and put him on display.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #24 on: May 06, 2014, 10:07:10 PM

I would pay ALL THE CREDITS to be able to do that.  why so serious?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #25 on: May 06, 2014, 11:23:31 PM

Homestead makes it sound more likely to be like the hole in the ground moisture farms, yes. The ones that magically don't fill up with sand somehow.

As those were actual abandoned places in Tunisia in 1975 /6 the lack of sand is a good question for the natives.

http://www.losapos.com/starwarstunisia

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 11:05:21 PM

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #27 on: July 11, 2014, 08:13:31 AM

When's this happening?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 11, 2014, 10:27:08 AM

Subscribers: Aug 19
Preferred: Sep 16
F2P: Oct 14

http://www.swtor.com/galactic-strongholds

Also possibly of note, if you're subbed as of July 15th (this coming Tuesday), you get some free rooms (not as many as you would have if you were subbed on May 11th).

For a limited time, Subscribers as of May 11, 2014, receive a complimentary unlock of the luxurious Nar Shaddaa Stronghold Sky Palace plus FIVE ROOMS UNLOCKED (no purchase necessary – a value of 4,000,000 credits) and Subscribers as of July 15th receive the Stronghold with THREE ROOMS ULOCKED (a value of 1,500,000 credits)! Subscribers as of August 19th gain a complimentary unlock of the Nar Shaddaa Stronghold (minus the additional rooms) through September 15th.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #29 on: July 11, 2014, 10:39:11 AM

I'm subbed now. Now sure about May, probably not. And I won't be in August.

Soooooooo, nuts.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 11, 2014, 10:40:50 AM

You don't need the August unlock if you have one of the prior ones, but you won't be able to actually use it until September is my reading of it.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #31 on: July 11, 2014, 10:44:19 AM

Hmmm, well the point of getting subbed was to get a character to 55 at least once, and now that I've done that, I'm not sure how much stuff I can do for housing as F2P since I don't raid much.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 11, 2014, 11:02:31 AM

Hmmm, well the point of getting subbed was to get a character to 55 at least once, and now that I've done that, I'm not sure how much stuff I can do for housing as F2P since I don't raid much.

Raiding won't have too much stuff.  There will be quite a few ways to get decorations.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #33 on: July 11, 2014, 11:18:01 AM

I wonder if the credit cap will come into play then.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: July 11, 2014, 11:38:58 AM

Could be, at least with the larger rooms.  From what I can tell the Dromund Kass and Coruscant are the less expensive of the housing with Nar Shadda higher and Tatooine being the most expensive.

Here's some stuff from the Q&A.

Can you sit in chairs but not by just clicking it. You will need to use /sit or /chair next to a chair.
Can you duel inside strongholds? Yes you can duel inside strongholds
Pricing of Strongholds: Dromund Kaas/Coruscant are most accessible. Tatooine/Nar Shaddaa are more expensive. Tatooine have bigger hooks and giant rooms to decorate. We want level 15-16 characters to be able to afford the strongholds. As you unlock rooms with more hook counts (i.e. balcony), they get more expensive.
What does completion % mean? How many rooms you have unlocked and how many decorations you have placed
Is there a rent? No rent
Are there day/night cycles inside your strongholds? No day/night cycles
Travel options There are four: Planet, last location, fleet, starship
Lighting can affect the room in some ways but not completely as the room already have natural lightning. So you can’t make a room pitch black for example.
Decoration sources: Decoration vendors, Warzone vendors, Cartel Packs.
Interactive decorations: Appearance modification station, item modification, legacy stronghold storage, guild bank, mailbox, stronghold directory, GTN.
Chat inside stronghold: You will see the planet chat. We know lots of people want to see the fleet chat, it is something we are still talking about.
You need to be a subscriber on the day the promotion ends (i.e. May 11 or July 15) to be eligible for the free stuff.
Visiting opposite faction’s stronghold (including your own). Need to pay a fee to get smuggled across. Might be free for smugglers.
All of the characters in your legacy can edit the stronghold.
Personal stronghold cannot be decorated by anyone else. Exception is guild stronghold in which guild members can edit.
For mounts, if you have it as a collection unlock, you cannot just acquire multiples via the collection window. You need to earn it multiple times to have it as multiple decorations.
Decorations that you can only have one copy of? Coruscant only have one centerpiece hook so you can only have one copy of decorations that occupy the centerpiece hook.
Decorations earned as an achievement – can you earn it again? – Yes, not 100% sure.
Dromund Kaas is rainy – you can see the rain on your windows. It is dark and moody.
Strongholds are rest areas.
Freeform vs hook system – We want to make it easy for the average player to utilize as decorating can be difficult with a freeform system.
Can you sell/buy decorations on the GTN – Yes, especially for crafting. There are also tradeable decoration components involved with Guild flagships etc that are hard to get and features an unique system we have not put in the game before.
Mannequins to decorate your armor? – You can display companions wearing them.
Training dummies – Not sure, need to ask Jack.
How do I unlock more mount decorations – If you own the mount it is unlocked as a decoration.
You can place only 1 copy of your companion in the stronghold, even if you have multiple characters with the same companion.
You cannot dye decorations
Datacron decorations are acquired from planets (i..e Quesh, Hoth).
Are strongholds embedded into the environment or instanced? – They are instanced.
Decorations that are tied to achievements are retroactive. Anything related to a drop or completion will need to be reacquired.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Player housing inc  
Jump to: