Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:45:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: £D Realms pitches new Duke Nukem game, forgets that it no longer owns that IP 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: £D Realms pitches new Duke Nukem game, forgets that it no longer owns that IP  (Read 2204 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: February 23, 2014, 06:38:56 PM

You can't make it up. Besides the bizarreness of 3D Realms apparently thinking that Gearbox wouldn't notice, who in their right minds would give money to George Broussard to make another Duke Nukem game?

Duke Nukem Forever developer Gearbox Software filed suit against 3D Realms and Interceptor Entertainment this week over the two companies' use of the Duke Nukem intellectual property, alleging trademark and copyright infringement, unfair competition and breach of contract.

The lawsuit stems from 3D Realms and Interceptor's "efforts to illegally exploit Gearbox's intellectual property rights in the Duke Nukem video game franchise," according to a complaint filed by Gearbox in a U.S. District Court in the Northern District of Texas.

At issue is a proposed new entry in the Duke Nukem franchise, Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction. Described as "an isometric action role-playing game for PC and PlayStation 4, by Interceptor" on the game's Facebook page, Mass Destruction will "make unlawful use of Gearbox's IP," according to the complaint.

"Recently — and without consulting the Duke IP's actual owner, Gearbox — Interceptor announced its intent to develop a Duke Nukem game based upon the various characters, content and intellectual property owned by Gearbox," the complaint reads. "Apparently, after selling its Duke Nukem IP rights to Gearbox in 2010, 3DR sought to privately convince others that the sale never happened. The result is the unauthorized development effort that reportedly exists between 3DR and Interceptor."

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 11:49:25 PM

a new RPG. omfg.
will there be romance?  awesome, for real

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 06:02:23 AM

That's fantastic.

I also now know that on british keyboards shift-3 must be the pound sign instead of #.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 06:35:23 AM

Maybe he was trying to make a deeply witty sociopolitical statement, just like the people who type M$.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ssath
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 11:58:56 AM

I also now know that on british keyboards shift-3 must be the pound sign instead of #.

The # is also known as the pound sign.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 07:17:32 PM

brb #'in asses, ol chaps.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 08:44:44 PM

brb #'in asses arses, ol chaps.

fixt.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: £D Realms pitches new Duke Nukem game, forgets that it no longer owns that IP  
Jump to: