Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:36:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam (temporary) deals - the thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steam (temporary) deals - the thread  (Read 158163 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #35 on: March 04, 2014, 08:54:37 AM

Yes.  It is Pancake Day. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: March 04, 2014, 10:13:13 AM

Walking Dead season 2 appears to be 33% off.  I think I will hold off for now, but thought I should inform.

Ninja edit:  I think it also means that episode two is being released, so there is that as well.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:14:47 AM by Cyrrex »

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #37 on: March 04, 2014, 11:33:33 AM

Yes.  It is Pancake Day. 
That means Sex Day, right?
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #38 on: March 12, 2014, 11:08:06 AM

Think I'll finally pick up Brothers and Rayman.  Maybe Lego Marvel for lite gaming.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #39 on: March 12, 2014, 03:35:33 PM

Yep, some nice deals: you can get Tomb Raider GOTY (check the store page...All DLC included in the GOTY) plus Bioshock Infinite (without DLC) for about € 18 only. Not bad. "Papers, please" + "Stanley Parable" combo isn't bad either.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: March 13, 2014, 05:08:22 PM

A bunch of Rockstar games on sale today.  Is L.A. Noire woth $7.50?

Over and out.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #41 on: March 13, 2014, 06:57:29 PM

I think so.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #42 on: March 14, 2014, 08:38:10 AM

It's not.  awesome, for real

Unless you like being a dickbag protagonist... or adventure games masquerading as first person games.

For $7.49, I've played worse, but I got 21 hours into it and didn't see any end in sight and found I didn't really feel like sticking around to the end.

raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: March 14, 2014, 10:37:04 AM

I picked up Grand Ages Rome:Gold and Imperium Romanum Gold. I'm all set for a long weekend of not knowing what the hell I'm doing but having some Funnius Maximus anyways.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2996/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/23400/

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #44 on: March 14, 2014, 11:39:16 AM

LA Noire is possibly worth that much, although I don't know what the PC controls are like. The protagonist is not likeable and the story is kind of a mess, I'm also not a fan of its use of women (though that's pretty much in line with anything in the noir genre I guess - there's some triggery stuff in there though for people for whom that is a problem), but there's still some interesting stuff to be had amongst the mess. It's not *really* an open world game though, despite being advertised as such and having a big open world to drive around in; it's more like a non-comic Phoenix Wright with a bunch of random gameplay systems strapped to it. Maybe wait for another $2.50 to come off the price.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #45 on: March 14, 2014, 12:22:35 PM

The PC controls are fine. I tried it with both M/KB and game controller on the PC and I went back to the M/KB.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #46 on: March 15, 2014, 12:20:11 PM

Metro Last Light is 77% off (7€ instead of 30€) for the next 45 hours.

Totally worth it, although playing Metro 2033 first would be advisable.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #47 on: March 17, 2014, 04:15:10 PM

Falc you have played the Mars game that is on sale today, it looks like its a little overly ambitious but I like the setting/idea...    BiiF?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: March 18, 2014, 06:36:05 AM

Sadly, no. I am a sucker for Mars, and for French games. Despite my positive bias, this game turned out disappointing in many ways and I dropped it after about four hours. I feel like I want to go back to it from time to time but I am pretty sure I quit cause I wasn't having fun. BiiF? Nope.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #49 on: March 19, 2014, 06:03:50 PM

Free SuperSanctumTD if you link your GMG with your Steam.

https://freegame.greenmangaming.com/
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: March 26, 2014, 11:27:03 AM

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #51 on: March 28, 2014, 03:34:32 PM

All the batman Arkham games are 75% off this weekend, including the latest for ten bucks.  Also Square stuff I guess.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: April 01, 2014, 08:36:49 AM

The Secret World is on discount again.

I've been playing this a bit since it was last in discount, and it is in fact pretty good.

Given there us no sub fee, you can justify purchase as a single player game alone.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: April 02, 2014, 03:17:06 AM

True. Especially considering the plot and the characters are quite good.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: April 18, 2014, 07:39:56 PM

Random question for this thread: Is there a way in Steam to uninstall the game files, but leave the saves? Some quick way to free up disk space without losing the ability to reacquire the game and replay it from my saves?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #55 on: April 18, 2014, 07:48:00 PM

Random question for this thread: Is there a way in Steam to uninstall the game files, but leave the saves? Some quick way to free up disk space without losing the ability to reacquire the game and replay it from my saves?

Copy the savegame files into your documents folder?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: April 18, 2014, 07:49:52 PM

If the game has Steam Cloud enabled, it does that automatically.  Otherwise, in most games, I think you can copy the save game files manually to some storage directory or something.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: April 18, 2014, 07:57:35 PM

I can't remember the last time a game I've uninstalled actually deleted save files without specifically asking if I wanted them deleted.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: April 18, 2014, 08:53:15 PM

I was hoping Steam had, somewhere I just couldn't find it, a nice one-click "Remove everything but save files" option per game. It does everything else. :)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: April 19, 2014, 06:04:15 AM

That's left to the game uninstaller.  If the game in question has a folder in \My Documents or \My Documents\My Games then you'll be good.  Almost anything modern puts its saves there.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #60 on: April 19, 2014, 08:26:32 AM

Which is the bane of my existence as I always forget to go put those folders somewhere safe when I space laser my windows installs.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: April 19, 2014, 11:39:28 PM

Which is the bane of my existence as I always forget to go put those folders somewhere safe when I space laser my windows installs.

Same happens to me.  You'd think I'd learn, but I sure as shit don't. 

But while we're at it, I find it annoying as all hell that Steam doesn't require all of its titles to work with cloud saves.  It seems like such low hanging fruit and it is so convenient when it works.  Not only will it prevent loss during Windows related fuckups, but it allows one to quickly access one's own save file from a different computer.  WHY STEAM.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: April 20, 2014, 07:37:34 AM

But while we're at it, I find it annoying as all hell that Steam doesn't require all of its titles to work with cloud saves.  It seems like such low hanging fruit and it is so convenient when it works.  Not only will it prevent loss during Windows related fuckups, but it allows one to quickly access one's own save file from a different computer.  WHY STEAM.
It would artificially limit the number of 'big' titles. Steam's not really big enough to dictate to, say, Firaxis, how to make their games 'steam compatible'. And Steam's just a distribution channel to the bigger games.

It's still be pretty damn nice, but the only way to really do it is for Steam to get big enough to insist -- or for Steam to handle it itself, track and store the save-game files and back them up transparently. For each title.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #63 on: April 21, 2014, 06:23:43 AM

This is one reason why I pay for a backup service.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #64 on: April 21, 2014, 07:02:04 AM

It would artificially limit the number of 'big' titles. Steam's not really big enough to dictate to, say, Firaxis, how to make their games 'steam compatible'. And Steam's just a distribution channel to the bigger games.

It's still be pretty damn nice, but the only way to really do it is for Steam to get big enough to insist -- or for Steam to handle it itself, track and store the save-game files and back them up transparently. For each title.
I disagree. Steam is the only PC Gaming store that is even remotely relevant anymore. If you're not on Steam, you're basically just a big moron that doesn't like money. If they said "Everyone has to use cloud saves," every single company and tiny dev and whatever would magically figure out how to implement cloud saves immediately.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: April 21, 2014, 02:20:51 PM

I think it would be more of a hurdle to convert all old games to require cloud saves. Requiring it of all new games going forward is a good idea though.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: May 01, 2014, 03:17:06 PM

Shadowrun Returns is 66% off. The really good DLC is only 33% off though.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: May 05, 2014, 12:58:03 PM

Looks like it's time to grab FM 2014.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #68 on: May 05, 2014, 01:23:04 PM

It's always time to grab the next version of Football Manager.  awesome, for real

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: May 05, 2014, 01:25:27 PM

It's always time to grab the next version of Football Manager.  awesome, for real

I play with fictional players, so the updated rosters mean nothing to me.  I usually only grab the new season if it has an improved AI or graphics update.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam (temporary) deals - the thread  
Jump to: