Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:26:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2014  (Read 382441 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1400 on: January 03, 2015, 01:57:53 PM

Panthers
Ravens
Colts
Cowboys
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1401 on: January 03, 2015, 02:11:34 PM

That all being said, these are the Bengals that beat Denver recently, so who the fuck knows.

Bengals have one and done any playoff games they've been in for the last 25 years.  AJ Green is likely to be out, Dalton remains inconsistent at best and the Colts shut them out a few weeks ago.

You're good to go with the Colts. Even fans here in town don't expect a win.

Ed: This is glorious. Taiwan news preview of Dallas Vs. Detroit.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQV4HISN5LI&app=desktop
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 04:32:50 PM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1402 on: January 03, 2015, 05:32:27 PM

No AJ Green = no Bengals.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1403 on: January 03, 2015, 05:47:14 PM

That was ugly.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1404 on: January 03, 2015, 07:24:04 PM

That all being said, these are the Bengals that beat Denver recently, so who the fuck knows.

Bengals have one and done any playoff games they've been in for the last 25 years.  AJ Green is likely to be out, Dalton remains inconsistent at best and the Colts shut them out a few weeks ago.

You're good to go with the Colts. Even fans here in town don't expect a win.

Ed: This is glorious. Taiwan news preview of Dallas Vs. Detroit.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQV4HISN5LI&app=desktop

That was awesome, especially the Jerry Jones part.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1405 on: January 03, 2015, 08:17:59 PM

Who knew his crotch is bullet proof?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1406 on: January 03, 2015, 09:48:06 PM

Cardinals/Panthers - what a game. That game is proof that we do not need to expand the playoffs at all. We already have too many shitty teams in there as it is. Carolina does not deserve to be in the playoffs. Ryan Lindley clearly does not belong on an NFL practice squad, much less in a live, for really realz playoff game. For that matter, neither does Arizona's punter or Carolina's punt returner. When did special teams coaches start teaching punt returners to run up and try to grab a shitty, bouncing punt with 6 defensive players around it? It's a wonder he didn't lose more fumbles. I feel bad for Arizona because their injury list is just insane but seriously, could they not find ANYBODY more capable than Ryan Fucking Lindley? Shit, was Tebow busy? At least he's won a playoff game.

Steelers/Ravens proved just how much the Steelers need Le'veon Bell. Now we get to see another week of Flacco's FiveHead and Unibrow.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1407 on: January 03, 2015, 11:21:48 PM

Logan Thomas must be some special variety of awful to get beat out by Ryan Lindley. Lindley might be the worst playoff QB I've ever seen. 

Accuracy of Kaepernick.  Decision making ability of Jay Cutler.  Arm of Manziel.  The perfect shitty QB.

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #1408 on: January 03, 2015, 11:42:45 PM

Logan Thomas must be some special variety of awful to get beat out by Ryan Lindley. Lindley might be the worst playoff QB I've ever seen. 

Accuracy of Kaepernick.  Decision making ability of Jay Cutler.  Arm of Manziel.  The perfect shitty QB.

The Seahawks WON a playoff game with Tavaris fucking Jackson at the helm. Lindley is just so much worse it is unreal.

Not really looking forward to playing them twice next year if they find a QB. They are a damned good team.

I think the Lions are going to beat Dallas, but if not LOL @ Carolina coming to Seattle. If our offense unfucks itself it could get ugly fast. Defense will score almost for sure.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1409 on: January 04, 2015, 12:57:44 AM

Oh make no mistake, Carolina is going to get curbstomped by any team left in the playoffs, and I include the Lions in that. If Arizona's defense hadn't been on the field for 90% of the game, they might have been able to stuff the run and at that point, it's on Cam Newton's decisions. That doesn't impress me. I'm almost positive any of the AFC teams in the playoffs (including the Bengals) could beat them.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1410 on: January 04, 2015, 03:56:11 PM

FOX needs to fix their fogcam.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1411 on: January 04, 2015, 04:05:02 PM

Are you sure that just isn't just the droning from Buck and Aikman affecting your brain?

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1412 on: January 04, 2015, 04:06:49 PM

That's the best half of football I've seen from the Lions in a long time.  They dominated the boys in all areas.  But it's only a half of football.

Go Lions!
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1413 on: January 04, 2015, 05:11:22 PM

Horrible picked up flag. That just reeks of shady...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
WayAbvPar

Reply #1414 on: January 04, 2015, 05:12:41 PM

JJ's check just cleared.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1415 on: January 04, 2015, 05:13:11 PM

why so serious?
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1416 on: January 04, 2015, 05:44:40 PM

Grats to the Cowboys and the Refs.  It was a tough win for them. 

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1417 on: January 04, 2015, 05:46:11 PM

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!

Can't wait for a week of tears about refs. Tasty.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1418 on: January 04, 2015, 07:48:24 PM

This makes me ill in more ways than one

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1419 on: January 04, 2015, 07:49:40 PM

Hahaha so glorious. It's like the perfect picture to piss off 95% of this site.

WayAbvPar

Reply #1420 on: January 04, 2015, 08:01:46 PM

Pity they will get drummed next week. I would like to see them come back to Seattle.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1421 on: January 04, 2015, 09:51:32 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking the Packers are going to kill them 'Boys. They needed a SERIOUSLY questionable non-call from the refs to pull that one out. Also, Matt Stafford really is a choker at this stage of his career. Also also, the Lions still can't keep their heads in tense situations and keep drawing flags they don't need to at times they really really could do without penalties. Still, they should have won that game. I saw no reason for them to pick up that flag whatsoever.

Ahhh, the Bengals. Just can't stop shitting the bed in the playoffs, can you? At least they didn't turn the ball over. Or move the chains. Or stop the Colts. Or do anything at all to win.

Next round:

Seattle over Carolina - by a very wide margin
Green Bay over Dallas
Denver over Indy
New England over Baltimore

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1422 on: January 04, 2015, 09:53:27 PM

I think this sets up very nicely for a New England-Seattle Super Bowl. I just don't see anyone beating either team at home. If that is the case, I will not watch. Is it possible for a Super Bowl to end in a tie?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1423 on: January 04, 2015, 09:55:51 PM

I want Seattle/Pats now too. Just to see the Pats get roflstomped.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1424 on: January 04, 2015, 10:02:09 PM

If anybody can beat the Patriots at home it's the Ravens.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #1425 on: January 04, 2015, 11:34:32 PM

A bit late but I will leave this here:

www.youtube.com/embed/HQV4HISN5LI

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1426 on: January 05, 2015, 03:38:36 AM

So what's your opinion on the non-call?
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1427 on: January 05, 2015, 03:50:27 AM

Pfft, wait till NE starts winning. Then we'll see some shit.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1428 on: January 05, 2015, 07:28:49 AM

A Seattle-GB championship game would be bloody awesome, and I don't know who I'd give the edge to in that matchup.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1429 on: January 05, 2015, 07:31:58 AM

Seattle. Playing at home with that defense? They should have no problem. The Packer's defense is ok at best. If Rodgers has an off game, it won't be close.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1430 on: January 05, 2015, 07:32:08 AM

why so serious?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1431 on: January 05, 2015, 08:28:29 AM

So what's your opinion on the non-call?

I think the Detroit guy initiated the contact and then held his facemask. The pic Ozzu posted shows exactly why I think it's a no-call. You can faceguard in the NFL, but you can't run through a guy. Given the contact by Detroit, I think it's at worst offsetting penalties in that you have an illegal contact and an offense facemask or hands to the face. Maybe you get another play in that regard. Still, I think a no-call is the right call, and the official nearest to the play didn't throw a flag.

Also, that's not the back judge's call to make that far away from the play unless he sees a hand around the back, or a hold, or something the close official didn't see. There was none of that. People want to say there was contact and then completely ignore the Detroit players hand literally on the defender's facemask for a solid second before the play.

Terracotta Army

Reply #1432 on: January 05, 2015, 09:09:09 AM

I think the Detroit guy initiated the contact and then held his facemask. The pic Ozzu posted shows exactly why I think it's a no-call. You can faceguard in the NFL, but you can't run through a guy. Given the contact by Detroit, I think it's at worst offsetting penalties in that you have an illegal contact and an offense facemask or hands to the face. Maybe you get another play in that regard. Still, I think a no-call is the right call, and the official nearest to the play didn't throw a flag.

Also, that's not the back judge's call to make that far away from the play unless he sees a hand around the back, or a hold, or something the close official didn't see. There was none of that. People want to say there was contact and then completely ignore the Detroit players hand literally on the defender's facemask for a solid second before the play.

I can understand and even agree with this rational explanation of this play. However, it was called PI and announced PI. Now all the sudden it is reviewable and arguable after the fact without undisputed evidence? OK. Fine. Still comes off as completely shady when a penalty is called and announced and then just picked up and dismissed like nothing ever happened.

As for the facemask, if the defender was playing the ball, he could have tried turning his head at which the facemask should have been called as the shoulders would have been turned and the facemasking would have been obvious. Otherwise, it looks like a stiffarm - which I am not saying is legal in that situation.

My opinion on it, there was ticky-tack contact on the play actually and the defender only made full contact after the ball hit him in the back so it would have been a no-call. That said, Dez should have been flagged for his on-the-field protest, which should have netted a first down regardless of the previous play's outcome (penalty or not). How Dez does not get flagged for a completely stupid reaction is beyond me in this year of the yellow flag. That completely deflated the Lions play and permanently shifted momentum. Bad turn of events that cost a team an opportunity.

and for the record, I did pick the Cowboys so I am not crying in my cereal - but I still think the Lions got jobbed.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1433 on: January 05, 2015, 09:17:55 AM

Two things on your points.

1 - The NFL has made an emphasis on calling offensive facemasks this year that would have previously been disregarded as stiffarms, as well as hands to the face. You can stiff arm a guy anywhere but in the facemask. Once you make contact there, or grab there, which it's clear the receiver did, it's a penalty in this season.

2 - Most NFL officials will tell you that players from the sidelines get on the field all the time when they shouldn't. It's not an immediate penalty. Most of the time you're issued what's called a sideline warning if it's the first offence, then you are given a flag after that. There had been no warning up to that point, and the officials are unlikely to just start flagging guys for being on the field. It's a constant movement of players on and off the field between plays. It would have been a warning at worst.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 09:21:56 AM by Paelos »

Terracotta Army

Reply #1434 on: January 05, 2015, 10:04:30 AM

Two things on your points.

1 - The NFL has made an emphasis on calling offensive facemasks this year that would have previously been disregarded as stiffarms, as well as hands to the face. You can stiff arm a guy anywhere but in the facemask. Once you make contact there, or grab there, which it's clear the receiver did, it's a penalty in this season.

2 - Most NFL officials will tell you that players from the sidelines get on the field all the time when they shouldn't. It's not an immediate penalty. Most of the time you're issued what's called a sideline warning if it's the first offence, then you are given a flag after that. There had been no warning up to that point, and the officials are unlikely to just start flagging guys for being on the field. It's a constant movement of players on and off the field between plays. It would have been a warning at worst.

As to point 2 - helmets are required though.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014  
Jump to: