Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 09:25:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2014  (Read 382388 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1365 on: December 22, 2014, 08:32:27 PM

Browns win the division within 5 years? Yes or no.

That's my defining point on whether your team is on the way.

Steelers holding steady but Big Ben is near his turning point so maybe.

Baltimore is sliding a little.

The Bengals... well... yeah... who the hell knows with them anymore.

5 years? Maybe. They need a QB and another receiver and then bolster their D-line and maybe another O-line cog. 

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1366 on: December 22, 2014, 09:49:27 PM

Fuck Foxborough.

beer geek.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1367 on: December 23, 2014, 05:46:50 AM

Way to shit the bed Denver. I would find it extremely amusing if Oakland screws up and beats Denver too, while Cincy falls backwards into a bye.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1368 on: December 23, 2014, 07:28:01 AM

Way to shit the bed Denver. I would find it extremely amusing if Oakland screws up and beats Denver too, while Cincy falls backwards into a bye.

Honestly, I could see it happening.

Denver has looked mortal for a bunch of weeks now.  Its not even Peyton.  Demariyus and Julius just look ragged.  Missing open balls and doing stupid shit.

And the Defense is shitting the bed. Did I miss some major injuries these last couple weeks? They're not passing any sort of layman eye test at all.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1369 on: December 23, 2014, 07:40:02 AM

The defense has been an issue all year, even though by yardage they are going great. The difference is that they are middle of the road in points against at best.

They've given up over 21 points 7 times this season, 4 of which have been losses. Giving up that many points isn't a recipe for success for this team.

Against playoff bound teams, they have wins over Indy, Arizona, and possibly San Diego, but if they don't make it they will only have two wins. They have losses against Seattle, New England, and Cincy.

I think you'd be crazy to bet on them to win the AFC, unless the Patriots lose Tom Brady to a snow related mishap. Other than Indy or San Diego, I wouldn't think they should be favored against any of the remaining playoff teams.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1370 on: December 23, 2014, 09:27:34 AM

Whether they are favored should depend on whether they have home-field or not. I don't think Cincy or Pittsburgh beats them in Denver without a monstrous performance from someone. Of course, they will flat out lose to the Pats at Foxboro.

Of course, I get the feeling home-field advantage may be absolutely HUGE in the playoffs this season. Green Bay, Seattle, New England and Denver are all teams I don't expect to lose at home. The other teams have been so wildly inconsistent that it's a tossup - Dallas is amazing on the road but all the other teams have been inconsistent home and road. I'm going to make a bold prediction in that at least one of the top 2 seeds in each conference is going to get upset in their first game.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1371 on: December 23, 2014, 09:33:18 AM

We've been pretty banged up for a long time. Missing both Danny Treyvathan and Brandon Marshall really really hurt yesterday.

Really, really hurt. Marshall, in hindsight, may be our MVP. Thankfully he'll be back for the playoffs.

Also: I'll be fine with Julius Thomas walking. He's kind of like Trindon Holliday. When he's good, he's great. When he's bad, he's terrible. He is way too soft and is terrible in pass protection.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 09:35:52 AM by sickrubik »

beer geek.
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #1372 on: December 28, 2014, 10:46:56 AM

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #1373 on: December 28, 2014, 10:47:59 AM

Strange season, the entire NFC is up for grabs in the last week.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1374 on: December 28, 2014, 02:35:40 PM

nfl.com's top highlight from the Pats-Bills game is the crowd singing 'Happy Birthday' to the guy who started off the Ice Bucket Challenge.

Good to see the Bills having a winning season, even if this game was a bit of a gimme. I like their defense, and I'd love to see them get a couple of good pieces to make them scarier on offence; there's some real potential in that team I think.

I look forward to the Bears firing every single coach tomorrow, although I hope they keep Emery. This is a team with so much talent, and we're now looking at a draft that seems on paper to have a lot of depth on defense, and we have a reasonably high pick, plus a passable amount of cap space to work with. It'd be nice if we could pick up Rex Ryan, see what he can do with the defense, and put this awful season behind us.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1375 on: December 28, 2014, 05:21:14 PM

Grats to the Pack for a tough win at home.  My Lions were full of fight but Stafford was inconsistent as usual and Rodgers was awesome as usual.  GB has such a great offense, especially that O-Line.  I was proud of our defense and disgusted at our special teams.

I guess we're off to play the Cowboys now.  Who knows, maybe we'll meet GB again in the playoffs.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1376 on: December 29, 2014, 11:39:59 AM

Falcons fire head coach, retain dumbass GM who hamstrung the team with Julio Jones trade and funneling all of the cash into an offense that produced 3 points with the season on the line.

Yep, the Falcons are now making the Cowboys look competent. I'm not sure what to believe. These teams have completely flip-flopped in a span of 2 years.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #1377 on: December 29, 2014, 12:45:52 PM

Suh suspended for the wild card game for his stomping antics. WTF is wrong with that team?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1378 on: December 29, 2014, 02:29:05 PM

Suh suspended for the wild card game for his stomping antics. WTF is wrong with that team?

Dallas fans think, well there's one less problem.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1379 on: December 29, 2014, 03:52:55 PM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1380 on: December 29, 2014, 06:36:28 PM

Jets and Bears cleaned house, Harbaugh is going to Michigan, so the coaching shuffle is starting again.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1381 on: December 29, 2014, 06:56:25 PM

The Jets should've gotten rid of Idzik years ago. They'd probably still have Revis if they had.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1382 on: December 29, 2014, 06:58:23 PM

The Jets should've gotten rid of Idzik years ago. They'd probably still have Revis if they had.

Didn't they only hire Idzik two years ago?
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1383 on: December 29, 2014, 09:01:18 PM

Which team gets back to the Superbowl first: Raiders (who have further to go but are moving in the right direction) or 49ers (who are falling apart, but are closer to a complete team)?
I wonder how many people would answer this question differently now compared to a month ago...

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1384 on: December 29, 2014, 09:14:00 PM

The answer to that question depends entirely on who the Niners bring in to replace Harbaugh. That team clearly has talent, it just needs direction.

Idzik was only hired two or three years ago. He seemed to be completely clueless based on how he let that team fall apart.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1385 on: December 30, 2014, 12:02:18 AM

Sources say the Niners want to interview Josh McDaniels.

I look forward to Kaepernick's funeral when that Mike Martz clone assclown gets his ass killed with his inability to adjust blocking schemes.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1386 on: December 30, 2014, 05:35:37 AM

Falcons are interviewing McDaniels too. Which I really hope happens because the Falcons deserve nothing less than to reunite one Patriot assclown in Thomas Dimitroff as the GM with another Patriots assclown in McDaniels. The organization would spiral into chaos.

I want them to eat so much in overruns on this stadium that they rue the day they ever built this unnecessary monstronsity in the middle of Atlanta. The Saints won a Super Bowl in their older Dome, but the Georgia Dome for the Falcons which haven't won diddly shit needed to be torn down due to owner greed. Fuck him.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #1387 on: January 01, 2015, 12:22:34 AM

Not so fast!  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000451968/article/ndamukong-suhs-suspension-reduced-to-70k-fine

Suh is a disgrace and shouldn't be playing in the NFL.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1388 on: January 01, 2015, 01:07:23 PM

Ah, good. Our local NBC affiliate is in a dispute with DirecTV, just as the playoffs begin.

Good fucking timing. God fucking dammit.

beer geek.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1389 on: January 03, 2015, 08:52:22 AM

Wild Card

Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers
Detroit Lions @ Dallas Cowboys

Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Cincinnati Bengals @ Indianapolis Colts

I'm going with:
Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers 17-14
Detroit Lions @ Dallas Cowboys 17-33

Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers 24-17
Cincinnati Bengals @ Indianapolis Colts 24-31
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1390 on: January 03, 2015, 10:43:22 AM

I'm guessing that you never played competitive contact sports.  The best play on the edge.  Sometimes they cross a line.  It's all part of playing a competitive and violent sport.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1391 on: January 03, 2015, 11:11:02 AM

I'm guessing that you never played competitive contact sports.  The best play on the edge.  Sometimes they cross a line.  It's all part of playing a competitive and violent sport.

The "best" aren't really known for dirty plays like stepping on people.  He is undisciplined at the very least and has hurt his team on numerous occasions with stupid penalties that aren't the result of playing on the edge.  I don't care if your safety gets called for hitting a defenseless receiver every once in a while or something. THAT is playing on the edge.  Suh is just dirty.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1392 on: January 03, 2015, 11:38:50 AM

Panthers
Cowboys

Steelers
Bengals

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1393 on: January 03, 2015, 12:54:54 PM

The "best" aren't really known for dirty plays like stepping on people.  He is undisciplined at the very least and has hurt his team on numerous occasions with stupid penalties that aren't the result of playing on the edge.  I don't care if your safety gets called for hitting a defenseless receiver every once in a while or something. THAT is playing on the edge.  Suh is just dirty.

Most players play dirty.  Suh is just stupid about concealing it.  That's more the point.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #1394 on: January 03, 2015, 12:58:20 PM

Panthers
Steelers
Lions
Colts

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1395 on: January 03, 2015, 01:41:25 PM

Panthers
Cowboys
Steelers
Colts

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1396 on: January 03, 2015, 01:46:28 PM

Cards
Lions
Steelers
Colts

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1397 on: January 03, 2015, 01:48:13 PM

Steelers
Colts
Cowboys
Panthers

beer geek.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1398 on: January 03, 2015, 01:49:54 PM

That all being said, these are the Bengals that beat Denver recently, so who the fuck knows.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1399 on: January 03, 2015, 01:53:47 PM

That all being said, these are the Bengals that beat Denver recently, so who the fuck knows.

That could go for most of the teams in the playoffs. The theme for the 2014 NFL season is Inconsistency. The team that has been the most consistent this year is New England but I can't say that any of them in the playoffs are sure things on any given day.

Of course, I'm pretty goddamn sure the Bengals will shit the bed.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014  
Jump to: