Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:15:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2014  (Read 382395 times)
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1330 on: December 19, 2014, 11:08:09 AM

Of the 3 "elite" QBs in the league currently, only Peyton started right away as a rookie. Both Rodgers and Brady spent time as backups yo guys who were proven winning QBs. I think that is the lesson to be learned from the whole "will they be great" thing.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1331 on: December 19, 2014, 11:23:17 AM

This is the rub. People hate Cutler's personality and his outward image. It has little to nothing to do with his actual game. They still see him as the entitled docksider wearing privileged fratboy from Vanderbilt.

No no no. no no no.

Well, yes. However, my dislike (and most of the fanbase) of him has a shit ton more to do with him having absolutely no leadership. Absolutely none. The guy seems to not actually care that much. That's always been a knock against him, and one that is apparent in Chicago now too.

It very well could do a lot with the fact that Plummer, who fucking loves Denver and the team got benched for him, so the comparison is stark. The fanbase can be very attached to their QB, as long as he's a good leader. Elway was far from the best of his time *cough* Montana *cough*, but he was a fantastic fixture for the team. (And yes, he was a shitbird at times too, especially personally.)

beer geek.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1332 on: December 19, 2014, 11:26:49 AM

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1333 on: December 19, 2014, 11:47:05 AM

see above:  The whole article is worth a read and a chuckle.

edit: I was too busy reading the whole thing to notice the Monkey posted it and didn't review the thread prior to posting. I will go sit in the corner with the helmet of shame and think about what I have done. :(
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:45:05 PM by 01101010 »

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1334 on: December 19, 2014, 11:48:56 AM

Ohhhhh, I see. Really?

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1335 on: December 19, 2014, 11:57:17 AM

Bloodworth would be proud.

beer geek.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1336 on: December 19, 2014, 12:08:31 PM

Most of you are probably too young to remember the 1982 season.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1337 on: December 19, 2014, 12:12:16 PM

There is nothing uplifting about Jerry Jones being visibly happy.

There has never been a truer statement.

WayAbvPar

Reply #1338 on: December 19, 2014, 02:39:02 PM

In addition to his demonstrable ability to drag winning teams down, Cutler and his idiot wife are also vaccine truthers. He is a fucking cretin and will never win anything anywhere.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1339 on: December 19, 2014, 06:24:43 PM

I don't care if he worships dogshit, the Jets are still better off with him than Geno.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1340 on: December 19, 2014, 08:07:32 PM

The Jets are better off with Ken O'Brien right now than Geno Smith.  why so serious?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1341 on: December 20, 2014, 09:29:55 PM

Oh Mark Sanchez... is there no team you can't intercept your way out of?

The Eagles are now one Dallas win away from missing the playoffs and it's thanks to two Codey Parkey misses and a Sanchez INT. He really is a terrible QB. As for RGIII, he made some decent throws tonight but I've finally written him off in my mind. He doesn't seem to have any arm strength - sure, he threw a few deep balls but they weren't good passes. They were floaters that a really good receiver caught because the wideout had the talent to make the adjustments necessary to follow a ball that belongs in center field at Yankee Stadium. Say what you want about Sanchez (and I do), at least his throws have ZIP. They are inaccurate as shit but they travel to the receiver quick. Griffin's passes all look like they were thrown by some noodle-armed overweight uncle at Thanksgiving. They are asking to get picked off. Without the running ability he no longer seems to have or the fearlessness to really challenge the defense downfield, he's just a sack, turnover or injury waiting to happen. The Skins should stick with Chucky's Brother at Coach and ditch the QB Albatross next season. I hear Jameis Winston is good.  why so serious?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1342 on: December 21, 2014, 07:29:21 AM

I really love it when the Niners prove me right. Laughable.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1343 on: December 21, 2014, 07:37:21 AM

I love the Niners implosion.  This is the age...of the CARDINAL

Well, in the West division anyway.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1344 on: December 21, 2014, 09:43:16 AM

Except that they will likely get spanked tomorrow and thus relegated to a wildcard.  Just not sure how they are going to put up any points.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1345 on: December 21, 2014, 09:54:06 AM

If anything the Cardinals have proven to me that unless they are facing a high powered offense, don't count them out.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1346 on: December 21, 2014, 10:35:38 AM

No, I wouldn't count them out, because their defense will likely keep it relatively close.  Still, I am not sure if they can put enough points on the board.  Arians has done nothing less than an amazing job with that team, but it seems likely that their good fortunate is about to run out.  One injury too many.  I think the Seattle secondary is going to have a field day, but anything can happen.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1347 on: December 21, 2014, 11:11:08 AM

I doubt Arizona throws much at all.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1348 on: December 21, 2014, 11:34:52 AM

Probably not much, but they will have to at least a little.  Seattle is #5 rushing defense. 

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1349 on: December 21, 2014, 05:28:18 PM

Cowboys are peaking at a very good time. I hope we get a Cowboys-Seahawks playoff game.

I have never played WoW.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1350 on: December 21, 2014, 06:54:40 PM

Jesus, what is it with NE and Jets games.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1351 on: December 21, 2014, 06:57:56 PM

And of course, with the proper call to stay conservative and take shots when they come, Bruce Arians is flinging it deep with his 3rd stringer. Because he's insane.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1352 on: December 22, 2014, 03:53:20 AM

Is it possible to hate the Seahawks but really like Richard Sherman and Russel Wilson?

The House of Cards (heh) finally comes crashing down.  Arians coach of the year to me anyway.

Pittsburgh crawling back from the depths of hell to get in the playoffs is an abomination unto the lord.

Poor Johnny Football, welcome to the NFL son.

Lions have to come back, AGAIN to stay even with GB.  Love the Lions but Stafford is too erratic to reach the Super Bowl.  Still the game against GB should be great.

Final nail in the coffin; Jax beats TN.  Nowhere to go but up Titans. 

Way to stagger into the playoffs Colts, told you Luck was overrated.  Well, that 'defense' got 42 hung on them so they might share a smidge of blame.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1353 on: December 22, 2014, 08:42:07 AM

Is it possible to hate the Seahawks but really like Richard Sherman and Russel Wilson?

I do, so yes, it is possible.

The Cardinals just proved you cannot go 3-deep at the QB position. Lindley was so horribly over matched. Even when he had open receivers he couldn't hit them. Had it been Stanton, the Cards MIGHT have had a chance but they likely still would have lost. Scrub McScruby over here? At least he kept it close for 2 quarters.

And now the Seahawks are likely going to have home-field advantage throughout, which may very well mean they walk to the goddamn Super Bowl.

Green Bay's loss to Buffalo really killed them. Without the #1 seed, I do not see this team getting to the big game. They are so good at home but so beatable on the road. They struggled to put up 20 points against fucking Tampa and Tampa is TERRIBLE. Rodgers gets hurt but can't afford to sit out against the Lions because they need to ensure at least one home playoff game. I think they tear Detroit a new one, though, because Stafford is horribly inconsistent and almost lost to the Bears in the outdoors. Also, how sad is it that Clausen comes in and throws no picks but still can't get the defense to hold a lead?

ROOFLES at Philadelphia. All you had to do was beat Washington to set up potentially winning the division. Instead you lose to a late Mark Sanchize INT and now you are sitting home in January. Fuck you, Philly, you deserve it.

This Colts team is SO BEATABLE. Their defense isn't really that solid when playing from behind or against the run. Without Hilton, their receivers apparently have brick hands. And they can't run for shit. This team is a lot like Peyton's teams before they won the Super Bowl - a 2-pony show (Luck and Hilton). They better up their draft scouting because they need some serious help. I don't think Luck is overrated, he just can't defend, nor can he catch his own passes.

The Saints also deserve a lot of derision. Home game against Atlanta and you bastards can't even put up 20 points. But at least they made it so that we'll have a 7-win team in the playoffs instead of a 6-win team. Unfortunately, it's either Atlanta or Carolina and they are both terrible.

Cleveland is also now fucked. They can't really see what Johnny Football has because he's been terrible and now he's hurt, and Hoyer is clearly not good enough to carry the team. Do you try to sign Hoyer, trade for (or sign) Cutler when he becomes available or trust in the Meh-ziel?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1354 on: December 22, 2014, 08:54:14 AM

Atlanta and Carolina could tie. Just throwing it out there. There's a small chance left you have a 6 win champ in the NFC South.  why so serious?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1355 on: December 22, 2014, 08:58:02 AM

I had that thought as I was typing that sentence, but fuck me, I don't even want to contemplate the shittiness that would entail. Our luck it'd be a 0-0 tie because... well, I mean look at these teams.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1356 on: December 22, 2014, 08:58:45 AM

People asked me at the time why I was so excited that the Cowboys didn't take Johnny Football.

This is why.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1357 on: December 22, 2014, 10:19:26 AM

Whoever kept Jerry Jones from pulling the trigger on Manziel needs a raise.

Say what you will about Altanta, but they went into a very hostile environment and pantsed a bewildered Saints team.  Remember, Manning the Lesser won a Super Bowl with 8-8 (or so) team.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1358 on: December 22, 2014, 10:29:20 AM

Not possible for this team and I'll tell you why.

The Giants problem was offense, which suddenly clicked in the playoffs. Defenses don't suddenly click in the playoffs. The Falcons defense is abysmal. Drew Brees was just doing his best impression of hot garbage yesterday. So much of what happened in that game had everything to do with Brees not letting the ball go, making fantastically shitty reads, and overthrowing guys.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1359 on: December 22, 2014, 02:01:20 PM

Browns HC reported that Johnny Football's sandy vagina I mean pulled hamstring has ended his season.

There's not enough lulz people. There really isn't. The Browns could be run by carnies and they've have more wins.

Terracotta Army

Reply #1360 on: December 22, 2014, 03:22:39 PM

Browns HC reported that Johnny Football's sandy vagina I mean pulled hamstring has ended his season.

There's not enough lulz people. There really isn't. The Browns could be run by carnies and they've have more wins.

Well let's not get too crazy. 7 wins this year is above and beyond what anyone I know had them ending with. They consistently have horrible drafts and scouting has been complete shit outside of linemen. However, they finished respectable is what could be considered the strongest AFC division. I mean this is the first time we are not talking about the Browns picking in the top ten.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1361 on: December 22, 2014, 03:49:21 PM

I don't know, don't the Browns have one of the best secondary's in the league?

Also in Bears-related news we're back to Cutler (thankfully) because Jimmy Pickles is out with an injury

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1362 on: December 22, 2014, 03:56:08 PM

Clausen got absolutely earholed on that play. I was surprised he bounced back up right away.

I just read on Twitter that the Browns contacted Rex Grossman, but Rex has the whole family over for Christmas this year so he can't join.  awesome, for real
Terracotta Army

Reply #1363 on: December 22, 2014, 05:02:13 PM

I don't know, don't the Browns have one of the best secondary's in the league?

Also in Bears-related news we're back to Cutler (thankfully) because Jimmy Pickles is out with an injury

Jimmy Pickles is now my new favorite name.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

And the Browns have a decent line when Mack plays, pretty good secondary, though Mr. #8th pick has been less than his worth... I mean Skrine has been out playing the kid ffs. Overall, the Browns look decent on paper save for the QB spot and receivers and maybe def line.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1364 on: December 22, 2014, 05:12:46 PM

Browns win the division within 5 years? Yes or no.

That's my defining point on whether your team is on the way.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014  
Jump to: