Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 09:21:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2014  (Read 382386 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #945 on: October 12, 2014, 04:31:52 PM

Demarco is a fumble machine. Seattle defense is going to have a field day. Cowboys aren't good enough to win there.

I've never been happier to be wrong! HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

Nice game Russell!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #946 on: October 12, 2014, 04:34:28 PM

The entire Seahawks team should be embarrassed. What a fucking shitshow. If I see another goddamned screen pass I am driving to Renton and kicking someone in the nuts.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #947 on: October 12, 2014, 04:36:50 PM

Anyone that thinks that Russel Wilson is anything but a mid tier QB is fooling themselves.  So many bad decisions. 

It's funny to think that Seattle got outplayed defensively at home. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #948 on: October 12, 2014, 04:39:30 PM

The INT at the end was a bad decision, but his only other decisions the rest of the day was whether to take a sack immediately or try to make a play. His offensive line is a fucking dumpster fire. Russell fucking Okung apparently can't count high enough to figure out what the fucking snap count is. Fucking Okie piece of shit.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #949 on: October 12, 2014, 04:42:35 PM

The INT at the end was a bad decision, but his only other decisions the rest of the day was whether to take a sack immediately or try to make a play. His offensive line is a fucking dumpster fire. Russell fucking Okung apparently can't count high enough to figure out what the fucking snap count is. Fucking Okie piece of shit.

The throwaway that almost got picked and the quick out that the Dallas LB dropped also come to mind.  

Russell gets confused by stunts and by single side blitzes where the weak side LB drops off.  Watch the tape of the game and you'll see what I mean.  He still depends too much on athleticism and too little on his early reads.  He'll have to mature to stay on top of the game.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 04:44:38 PM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #950 on: October 12, 2014, 04:44:21 PM

I can't fault a guy for trying to make a play when he has zero help from his teammates or his retard offensive coordinator. When you are handed shit, you get a little on you.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #951 on: October 12, 2014, 04:47:17 PM

I can't fault a guy for trying to make a play when he has zero help from his teammates or his retard offensive coordinator. When you are handed shit, you get a little on you.

Brady has a worse OL, worse RB, and comparable receivers.  He sees the game much better and works under a better system. 

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #952 on: October 12, 2014, 04:47:53 PM

Suddenly the Seahawks are a dumpster fire with a bad OC and shit for talent?

I mean come on.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #953 on: October 12, 2014, 06:10:21 PM

Brady has a worse OL, worse RB, and comparable receivers.  He sees the game much better and works under a better system. 

Brady also has how many more years experience?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #954 on: October 12, 2014, 06:26:25 PM

Brady also has how many more years experience?

Matt Hasselbeck has been in the league longer than Brady.  How's he doing this year?  

Seriously though, look at Luck and Stafford.  Both are QB's that have a higher football IQ.  They have it because they don't rely so heavily on their physical talent.  Wilson will need to learn the game better if he doesn't want to decline when his speed/arm strength start to decrease. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 06:31:30 PM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #955 on: October 12, 2014, 08:05:33 PM

Yes but how does that make for a valid argument for a comparison with Brady of all people? I mean, you should at least size Wilson up against someone with a similar level of experience, no?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #956 on: October 12, 2014, 08:23:18 PM

Yes but how does that make for a valid argument for a comparison with Brady of all people? I mean, you should at least size Wilson up against someone with a similar level of experience, no?

I believe that I did.

-  Mark Twain
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #957 on: October 12, 2014, 08:49:22 PM

LOL at Seattle. Sorry to any Seattle fans but I will be rooting against them in every game. How did the Cowboys end up being a decent team? Giants go back to being awful.

Holy shit did the Packers get lucky. Rodgers was running for his life the whole game. F U Ted Thompson for not doing anything for the offensive line for the last 5 years.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #958 on: October 12, 2014, 08:54:09 PM

I believe that I did.

Allrighty then.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #959 on: October 12, 2014, 09:47:13 PM

I think this was Anthony Spencer's (Dallas' LE) second game back after missing most of last season. He looked really good against Seattle's OT's. I hope he can continue to get better and back to the Spencer that got 10+ sacks a few years ago.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #960 on: October 12, 2014, 11:40:55 PM

So I have to apologize to all Seattle fans, now that my rabid praise of Wilson has probably doomed them all.  Just like with my Fantasy team, any time I put someone in a starting slot, they shit the bed.  Meanwhile, Mike Wallace continues to average 15 points a week on my bench.  So from here on out, a pox on your house, RW.  And beware any of you with Wallace in other leagues...I am going to start that motherfucker.

Seriously, though, Bevell has some splaining to do.  He has somehow managed to take the great strength of that offense - the trickery and misdirection of the jet sweeps, the zone reads, the bootlegs and the screens - and made it one dimensional somehow.  It isn't trickery when that is all you are doing all the time.  When all of your best plays start from behind the line of scrimmage, it isn't hard for the defense to clue into that.  You have to spread the field a little to be able to work that stuff consistently.  It also makes it easier to stuff the box and stop Lynch.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #961 on: October 13, 2014, 09:06:38 AM

Holy shit did the Packers get lucky. Rodgers was running for his life the whole game. F U Ted Thompson for not doing anything for the offensive line for the last 5 years.

What the fuck are you talking about? He's drafted at least 1 or 2 OL in the last what 4 or 5 drafts? Bulaga was a first round pick in 2010. The current center is a rookie drafted in the 5th round. Bakhtiari is a 4th round pick from last year as is the guy who was supposed to be our starting center, Tretter. Derek Sherrod was a first round pick in 2011. You can say a lot of things about Ted Thompson, but you can't say he hasn't been trying to fix that O line. I think our O line problems come down to lack of experience, injuries and the lack of a tight end worth a shit. Seriously, look at our top 3 TE's - Quarless (who can't block), Rodgers (who is a rookie that can't block) and Bostick (who by all accounts kicks ass in practice but has yet to see the field for more than a few plays). As a result, every single thing Rodgers throws these days is around the numbers or on the sidelines. He can't or won't throw over the middle unless it's deep. He has no one to clear out the seams as Quarless is inconsistent and Rodgers doesn't trust him. And McCarthy seems unwilling to leave blockers in to help the tackles even when guys like Cameron Wake are absolutely eating Bulaga or Bakhtiari alive. I'm still not sure what Lacy's problem is this year but I'd put 50% of it at least on the O line not being very good at the simple things like run blocking. It's a testament to how goddamn good Rodgers is that he's put up the numbers he has despite never really having an O line worth a shit. See my analysis about sacks earlier in the thread.

Miami is a better team than they are given credit for with a tough defense. Tannehill is inconsistent but he can turn it on at times. Unfortunately for them, that time wasn't in the 4th quarter when they needed to hold onto the ball. You don't give Aaron Rodgers 2 minutes to win a game because he will. And Paelos you are right - the first team they go up against in the playoffs that can run, especially if they have a QB like Wilson or Kap who can do the read option well, they will lose HARD. Their defense is better than last year and it's starting to handle the run better, but they can't defend the read option for shit.

Also, apparently I should praise the shit out of Russell Wilson when he plays against a team I want the Seahwaks to lose to. Holy shit. I chose not to watch that game because I didn't think it'd be a contest and watched the Eagles/Giants instead. Fuck me, wasn't that a mistake. I refuse to believe Dallas is any good. That's the kind of thing that will BREAK REALITY. I mean, I've seen the Eagles and I know they aren't as good as 5-1. But for Dallas to beat Seattle AT Seattle just defies all the laws of nature.

Anyone that tells you Philly dominated the Giants yesterday should be slapped very hard directly across the face. They played decent but holy fuck the Giants are B-A-D BAD. No running game, an O line that continues to kill drives with stupid penalties, a defense that can't cover their feet in bed with a tarp and oh by the way, they probably lost their best receiver for the season to gravity. Philly might win a game against a weak wild card but they will not beat a good team with a good defense.

Huge LOL's go out to the Bucs for losing so bad to the goddamn Ravens. Huger LOL's go out to the Bungles for proving that field goals are not automatic even from chip shot range. They seriously look like they want to hand the division away - hopefully to the Browns. I can't root for the Ravens but I can root for the Browns.

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #962 on: October 13, 2014, 09:10:09 AM

I should have clarified - Ted Thompson knew the offensive line was bad and his draft picks weren't working out/hurt. Should have done something, anything, in free agency.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #963 on: October 13, 2014, 10:00:22 AM

Anyone that tells you Philly dominated the Giants yesterday should be slapped veryhard directly across the face. They played decent but holy fuck the Giants are B-A-D BAD. No running game, an O line that continues to kill drives with stupid penalties, a defense that can't cover their feet in bed with a tarp and oh by the way, they probably lost their best receiver for the season to gravity. Philly might win a game against a weak wild card but they will not beat a good team with a good defense.

I agree with you here.  PHI DST is the only thing keeping them in games.  Giants though, I thought they were on the upswing.  I think they'll win win LOSE win win LOSE rest of the way out.  Just terrible horrible loses and above par wins.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #964 on: October 13, 2014, 12:57:29 PM

I refuse to believe Dallas is any good. That's the kind of thing that will BREAK REALITY. I mean, I've seen the Eagles and I know they aren't as good as 5-1. But for Dallas to beat Seattle AT Seattle just defies all the laws of nature.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #965 on: October 13, 2014, 01:57:31 PM

Russell fucking Okung apparently can't count high enough to figure out what the fucking snap count is. Fucking Okie piece of shit.

Good thing he's probably lost for the season then. Torn labrum sounds mighty painful, though the article does not say he's out.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:59:27 PM by HaemishM »

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #966 on: October 13, 2014, 02:32:00 PM

Russell fucking Okung apparently can't count high enough to figure out what the fucking snap count is. Fucking Okie piece of shit.

Good thing he's probably lost for the season then. Torn labrum sounds mighty painful, though the article does not say he's out.

Having a partial tear in my left shoulder, they are not fun...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
WayAbvPar

Reply #967 on: October 13, 2014, 03:48:29 PM

His coach just said  15 minute ago it is a sprain and he will keep playing on it. Not sure why it keeps him from remembering the fucking snap count though. I will put up with holding and other signs you were trying to do your job, but jumping out of your stance AT HOME is just fucking mental deficiency all the way.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #968 on: October 13, 2014, 06:09:43 PM

And apparently the 49ers do not want to go to the playoffs this year.  why so serious?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #969 on: October 13, 2014, 06:46:42 PM

And apparently the 49ers do not want to go to the playoffs this year.  why so serious?

Plenty of time left. The Rams are shitty. This wasn't a game I expected SF to lose, but I don't think they are going to the playoffs this year. Their schedule in the second half is going to give them major problems. They better have 6 wins by week 10.

EDIT: Got the bye wrong.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 06:48:35 PM by Paelos »

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #970 on: October 13, 2014, 08:18:55 PM

Did the Rams hold open tryouts or something?  They have a distinct lack of name players outside of their defensive front 7.

-Rasix
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #971 on: October 13, 2014, 08:36:42 PM

And yet the Rams still have a chance.

Edit: Never mind.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 08:38:21 PM by Mithas »
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #972 on: October 13, 2014, 08:40:53 PM

As I said, the Rams are shitty.

Best teams in the league right now are Dallas, San Diego, Denver, and honestly I think Indy is pulling it together well.

Next tier down in the hunt is Philly, Detroit, Arizona, Seattle, and Baltimore.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 08:54:39 PM by Paelos »

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #973 on: October 14, 2014, 09:51:04 AM

I cannot in good conscience reconcile any sort of football world where this Dallas team is good.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #974 on: October 14, 2014, 12:34:45 PM

The 90s must've been tough for you.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #975 on: October 14, 2014, 01:11:58 PM

I actually liked them in the '90's before Irvin got caught with hookers and blow in a hotel room.

WayAbvPar

Reply #976 on: October 14, 2014, 02:11:15 PM

I don't dislike many of the current Cowboys, but I can't root for anything good to happen to them until Jerry Jones is dead or gone. Fuck that asshole.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #977 on: October 14, 2014, 02:43:26 PM

I don't dislike many of the current Cowboys, but I can't root for anything good to happen to them until Jerry Jones is dead or gone. Fuck that asshole.

That's actually what being a Cowboys fan is about right now.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #978 on: October 14, 2014, 03:08:27 PM

Just an aside (as it pertains to the Cowboys), at my conference I was in a training course for certification on the using the software and there were 198 men and 2 women in the class. One of the two looked especially out of place as she looked like someone in marketing or sales (blonde, late 30s, former cheerleader type). When I saw her out at the lunch buffet I glanced at her name tag and it said "Dallas Cowboys Football Club".

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #979 on: October 14, 2014, 03:39:47 PM

Joseph Randle, Cowboys backup rb was arrested for shoplifting.  Ohhhhh, I see. There's a funny meme I saw on another forum but I don't know how to embed stuff from twitter.   What Adrian Peterson has to say to Randle.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014  
Jump to: