Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:00:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2014  (Read 374289 times)
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 09:16:05 AM

I think sports conspiracies may be even more amazing than moon landing conspiracies.

Anyway, thankfully the following is just a prototype "FAN prototype", but YE GODS.

Edit: Thankfully it appears to not be an actual Nike prototype.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 09:20:46 AM by sickrubik »

beer geek.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 13, 2014, 09:21:13 AM

Here's another prototype.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: February 13, 2014, 04:58:04 PM

I think sports conspiracies may be even more amazing than moon landing conspiracies.

Anyway, thankfully the following is just a prototype "FAN prototype", but YE GODS.

Edit: Thankfully it appears to not be an actual Nike prototype.

That's fucking awesome

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 13, 2014, 08:44:04 PM

No.

beer geek.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #39 on: February 14, 2014, 07:49:55 AM

Hahahaha, oh man I'd love to see that play those horrible Steelers bumblebee unis.

It would be the epilepsy bowl.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 14, 2014, 09:09:40 AM

Those 'prison stripe' uniforms look pretty natural on Rothlesberger.  why so serious?
WayAbvPar

Reply #41 on: February 14, 2014, 11:44:43 AM

Dolphin details

God what a fucking cesspool. It was patently obvious years ago that Richie Incognito was a subhuman piece of shit, but this is just appalling.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #42 on: February 14, 2014, 12:32:18 PM

I blame everyone involved in that whole deal. I blame Ritchie, the coaches, Martin, the other line guys, all the teammates, the training staff, everyone.

Incognito is a complete dickbag who should never play again. The other line guys are just as big of dickbags for putting up with him.

The coaching staff was completely hands-off and when they were hands-on it was to cover their asses. Terrible.

The entire checks and balances system completely collapsed, and even when it did Martin still didn't try to go through the proper channels to report it. He needed to at least go to the coaches and say something. He needed to then go to the league office and say something. He went to his parents instead. At some point you have to at least try to get it to stop instead of just freaking out and walking away. Would anything have come of it? Maybe not, but you could go on record saying you did it. That might have saved his job for another team or at the least given him a lawsuit case.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #43 on: February 14, 2014, 01:16:14 PM

He needed to at least go to the coaches and say something. He needed to then go to the league office and say something.

Did you not read the part where his position coach participated in some of that shit, such as the "Judas fine" comments and the whole concept of the kangaroo court and fine structures? This kid clearly felt that showing that sort of "weakness" would only make the shit WORSE, not better. The whole goddamn culture was focused on NOT letting authority settle anything - it was all about keeping it within the structure of the people who were piling on the fucking abuse. Shit, his O-line coach begged him to make a statement saying that Incognito wasn't to blame so the press would stop dogging on Incognito.

The fucking coaching staff, at least his immediate position coaches, not only didn't give a fuck about him, they supported the subhuman fuckball who was the main instigator.

I feel a lot more sympathy for Martin now than I ever did. Incognito should never play in the NFL again, and those O-Line coaches should never be allowed to coach again. FUCK THEM.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: February 14, 2014, 01:39:01 PM

Did I just see someone victim blame Martin?  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

beer geek.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #45 on: February 14, 2014, 01:41:46 PM

Unfrozen caveman sports blogger is confused and frightened by your empathy and understanding for others.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #46 on: February 14, 2014, 01:42:56 PM

Everyone gets blamed here. I've been bullied and a lot of you have too. We've all tried to go with the flow and hope it gets better. We've all been afraid to ask for help. But if you're willing to tell your parents what's going on, you should be willing to tell somebody in authority.

The coaches were wrong, the players were wrong, everyone was wrong. I'm not saying the dude should have been a macho asshole and put a stop to it by slugging somebody. That's insane. What I am saying is that he was willing to talk about it, and he did it to the wrong people.

What's happened now is it's cost him a job forever. He can't go to another team. He can't even get compensated for the abuse.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 01:45:37 PM by Paelos »

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #47 on: February 14, 2014, 02:04:44 PM

There's a fuckload of difference between talking to his parents and talking to authority figures who are AIDING the fucking bullying.

WayAbvPar

Reply #48 on: February 14, 2014, 02:34:24 PM

He was obviously too much of a pussy to ask for help. Duh.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: February 14, 2014, 03:36:56 PM

For fucks sake, because someone did not seek help from whatever arbitrary person (though he did seek help from the coaching staff) does not put him at fucking blame for harassment. Plain and simple. That is pure victim blaming.

beer geek.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #50 on: February 14, 2014, 04:37:23 PM

So this is better? To just take it and take it and take it, doing nothing, telling only your parents, never talking to anyone in charge, never talking to your agent, never talking to the league, and then just quitting?

That's the solution? That's the message?

I don't blame him for getting bullied. Nobody does anything to deserve that, or should be subjected to that. What the people did in that situation to Martin shouldn't be forgiven by the league, from the coaches on down to the players involved.

That doesn't mean I don't blame him for his reaction to it. We tell young kids all the time to stop bullying by speaking up. That's the national message, and in fact it's the #1 thing we try to encourage. I don't think just exploding and quitting was the right thing to do here at all. Saying something was. And from what I've seen he didn't do that.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 04:39:39 PM by Paelos »

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #51 on: February 14, 2014, 04:50:42 PM

Dude.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rasix

Reply #52 on: February 14, 2014, 04:55:12 PM

Paelos, I know you're impervious to reason, logic, math, and all facets of human emotion, but just stop.  

There's this guiding light in your mind that tells you what should have happened, but then there's actually what happened, where it happened, and why it happened.   If you're unwilling to take that into consideration, then perhaps you should debate less weighty considerations like clutching hitting or the slurve.

edit:
Alternatively: you're killing me, Smalls.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 05:16:14 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #53 on: February 14, 2014, 05:21:56 PM

There's this guiding light in your mind that tells you what should have happened, but then there's actually what happened, where it happened, and why it happened.   If you're unwilling to take that into consideration, then perhaps you should debate less weighty considerations like clutching hitting or the slurve.

What happened was the kid was terrified to tell anyone because he was afraid it would get worse. He felt like the entire system was working against him. He didn't know where to go, or what to do. He told his parents in the hopes he could find some comfort to stand up, but he hated himself in the meantime. He hated what they made him, and hated going there. Finally, he just quit, dejected and angry. The bullies ended up winning in this scenario.

That doesn't mean it had to be that way. It doesn't mean that parents shouldn't point to this and say, this is why you have to tell somebody if you see something.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: February 14, 2014, 05:26:25 PM

Mental illness, HOW DOES IT WORK

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #55 on: February 14, 2014, 05:28:46 PM

We're never going to see eye to eye on things like this. Lucky it doesn't matter.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: February 14, 2014, 06:01:45 PM

So this is better? To just take it and take it and take it, doing nothing, telling only your parents, never talking to anyone in charge, never talking to your agent, never talking to the league, and then just quitting?

That's the solution? That's the message?

Seriously? That's what you took away from my comments? Just.. stop.

beer geek.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: February 14, 2014, 08:38:16 PM

Paelos would normally be right in his summations, but in this case we're dealing with a particularly disturbed individual (Martin) with a history of depression (suicidal) and drug use, not to mention equally sordid behavior at times;  all of which of course was left off the report.  His demotion to RT after shitting the bed all season didn't help either.  Incog. of course took an entirely boneheaded approach to trying to get his line to function and of course failed, culminating in the phins missing the playoffs for no reason really.  The guy's an ass, but he was doing as he was told by the coaching staff since the the FO sent the REAL leadership council (dansby, reggie bush, marshall, etc.) packing the year before.

None of them deserve to be in the NFL.  Not Martin or Incog.  Not the coaches or FO either.  Hence why you see everyone but Philbin (who is now a lame duck under the new GM) shitcanned.  End of story.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Rasix

Reply #58 on: February 14, 2014, 09:44:00 PM

-Rasix
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #59 on: February 14, 2014, 09:46:08 PM

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: February 14, 2014, 09:50:25 PM

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: February 14, 2014, 09:58:15 PM

Ingmar wins.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: February 14, 2014, 10:52:43 PM

Is Ghambit writing for The Onion? Because that's the only way any of that post makes any god damn sense.

beer geek.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: February 15, 2014, 12:16:12 AM

Dude, have you ever read his posts? Guy is certifiable.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: February 15, 2014, 12:48:06 AM

PSA: When you blame the victim, this is how you sound

I blame everyone involved in that whole deal. I blame Ritchie, the coaches, that slut who couldn't keep an aspirin between her legs, the other line guys, all the teammates, the training staff, everyone. But especially the slut.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: February 15, 2014, 06:38:26 AM

(some of you have your head fairly far up your own arse)

I never blamed the victim.  Look, if a guy is mentally unstable and has issues with controlled substances, how can you in your right mind say he should be on an NFL team?  Let him get right in his head and so forth, then maybe think about making a comeback (like BMarsh did after he was cut).  Fire people that mistreated him, etc.  they can all rot.  But dont kid yourself in thinking that the world somehow owes Jmart.  Fuck's sake, his mother is a Harvard (friend of the guy who did the investigation) employment lawyer.

Dude, have you ever read his posts? Guy is certifiable.

I'm a Dolphins fan.  We're all like this.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 06:57:53 AM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #66 on: February 15, 2014, 07:00:18 AM

Don't bother. He's a victim so we can't question any decisions he made. That's the ridiculous notion here. Even though we could basically agree that telling someone is the right thing to do in a bullying situation and he didn't do that.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: February 15, 2014, 07:23:59 AM

Him not telling anyone wasn't the crux of the problem.  He never got the appropriate help to work through his issues (by his own fault or others).  Philbin WAS aware of his instability btw, but was supposedly unaware of the way his O-line was handling it (which I find complete BS; he should be fired too).

Realize also, after his rookie year Martin largely skipped OTAs/workouts (and the extra effort needed) when he was implored to bulk up so he could anchor the left side of that line.  Jim Turner and Incog. were part of that; as their style of "motivation" was obviously the wrong approach, but the crux of it is the kid shrank and underperformed in the NFL.  Did that cause his mental issues?  Likely.  He came from a well-to-do family, sent through a lot of expensive schools and winning programs; ultimately Stanford.  Then he's thrust onto a losing team in dumbfuck USA wherein he gets steamrolled.

That's a tough pill to swallow for anyone.  I felt for him.  But, he handled it a lot worse then Ricky Williams or B'Marsh did; and that part I'm not forgiving.  He walked out on his team, slandered his 'friends,' (deservedly though some would say) and then hid behind his worker's comp lawyer mommy; hoping to salvage a payday.  The guy's a snake.  Had he not gone down the legal road he did he could've salvaged his career.  No one will sign him now, you can bet on that.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:34:32 AM by Ghambit »

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #68 on: February 15, 2014, 08:23:44 AM

No one should walk away from this with a job in the NFL.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #69 on: February 15, 2014, 04:57:17 PM

No one should walk away from this with a job in the NFL.

OK, bullshit like that is the biggest problem, Paelos. The victim was not 100% perfect in his victimhood, therefore he should be punished alongside the people actually responsible? That's insane.

Here's the thing about victim blaming. In the first place, you are not revealing some unknown, un-thought-of truth to the victim. They're not going to slap their forehead and say, "Of course! Why didn't I think of that?" The victim has almost certainly said all these things to themselves already. They don't need some asshole who didn't live through what they've been through, who is not them, giving them totally unique insights like, "Man, you should've told someone!"

You know why they don't tell someone? Because fuckheads like you will find something they did wrong and harp on that instead of putting the blame where it actually belongs. Not a single victim in the world has acted perfectly in their victimization, so there is always something for a victim-blamer to latch onto and be all "You did it wrong" and "You sort of asked for it" and when you're already in a terrible place because of shit that happened to you, that is the last fucking thing you need to hear. Better to just not tell anyone (ESPECIALLY if one of the people you should be able to tell is 100% on board with what's going on), get yourself away from the situation if you can, and bury that shit deep, because then at least the only person blaming you for the shit you've been through is you, instead of random dipshits acting like they're entitled to judge you.

God Save the Horn Players
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014  
Jump to: