Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:58:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EQ Next Landmark - It's Like Minecraft But Not™ 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EQ Next Landmark - It's Like Minecraft But Not™  (Read 334487 times)
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #735 on: May 08, 2014, 06:45:32 AM

One last pic of my new claim from a different angle it shows some of the different water shader effects a bit better than my last. You can see out in the deeper water the wave effects get pretty big but past my breakers and into my moat area it is a nice gentle wave action.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #736 on: May 25, 2014, 06:03:41 AM

Here's a video that shows how to make a buffer of micro voxels that will keep the floor from deforming when you place an object built of micro voxels on it.  I imagine the creative will find other uses for it.

http://youtu.be/ttLL9DI2y1A
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #737 on: May 30, 2014, 06:09:55 AM

Even more new wizardy...

Emotes with moods??!? How did I not know about this?

Quarter Voxels?

Wizardy of "putty voxels" from the Livestream too?

This game seriously scares me, and I am working on making a vorpral black hole of lag and video crashes.

Also pushing limits by maybe exploiting?

Decided to edit in a recent image of my claim (snowman is still there Signe).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 06:19:03 AM by taolurker »

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #738 on: May 30, 2014, 06:38:00 AM

This is now on Steam, by the way.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #739 on: May 30, 2014, 02:53:12 PM

Any word on the actual mmo since the original announcement?

I am the .00000001428%
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #740 on: May 30, 2014, 03:56:31 PM

This week was the close of poll for "race in EQnext Workshop", it was Dark Elves vs Dwarves.. Probably they had some stuff with this considered already, and wanted to know how to send the art team. They are saying this will be collaborative and it was in the Landmark Live this week (wed) that they announced Dark Elves won.

Also on the Twitch Wed was new smooth tool announced (not the alpha one, but a second one along with the broken one there is now) will released with next weeks patch. They didn't patch this week, and announced caves won't require a wipe either (WOOT build).

Stranger things happening with Steam (pay to beta F2p +forum and steam bugs/tech issues hilarity--I consider their previously decent forums to be grade D atm) and them maybe making more sell-able content does not make me all that encouraged. I like playing around with the tools though, and making shiny glowing furnishings or buildings (and crappy statues).

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:59:57 PM by taolurker »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #741 on: June 14, 2014, 11:25:16 AM

Caves are in. And there are treasure chests in it that can drop some unique, rare items. Like this belt of "gliding", which seems to be lots of fun.

Patch notes are huge. Lots of stuff in it, including swimming.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #742 on: June 14, 2014, 12:43:13 PM

They're not kidding amount the amount of ore in caves. One copper vein (my stuff's in a T1 area) yielded like 2500 copper, in a cave.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #743 on: June 14, 2014, 02:27:51 PM

Can we craft a lantern or fixed-distance camera yet?

Seriously, how can they not have changed the camera or at least given an option?  It's horrible.  I don't want to play the game simply because of it.  (Well, and the near-impossible to see in caves.  It's a game.  Humor me by not making me go blind.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #744 on: June 14, 2014, 02:46:00 PM

Can we craft a lantern or fixed-distance camera yet?

Seriously, how can they not have changed the camera or at least given an option?  It's horrible.  I don't want to play the game simply because of it.  (Well, and the near-impossible to see in caves.  It's a game.  Humor me by not making me go blind.)

Me, too.  I haven't played in ages because of this sort of thing and I do like the game.  I probably wouldn't have donated money but I thought it was for this AND EQN.  I think I was mistaken although I'm not absolutely sure.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #745 on: June 15, 2014, 07:50:53 AM

most of the chests give light stones, they are good for one hour of light.  Send me an in game email and I can send you a couple.  Most chests drop 5 so once you find a couple chests you should be fine.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #746 on: June 15, 2014, 07:58:47 AM

You can also craft half hour light potions, among other things now.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #747 on: June 15, 2014, 08:05:50 AM

Do these lightstones somehow work any better than the ones you (used to be able to?) craft? They were struggling with some sort of Vision vs Reality vs Practicality foolishness that made them completely useless before. My impression was they had a complete mismatch between two systems, where light radius as calculated as distance from your head (why not mid-body hand area or feet where you are looking even?) but the client renderer was basing it on distance from camera pov or something.

And if the new one DO work, do the crafted ones now work and can you still craft them? And if not, why the hell not?

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #748 on: June 15, 2014, 08:10:20 AM

Do these lightstones somehow work any better than the ones you (used to be able to?) craft? They were struggling with some sort of Vision vs Reality vs Practicality foolishness that made them completely useless before. My impression was they had a complete mismatch between two systems, where light radius as calculated as distance from your head (why not mid-body hand area or feet where you are looking even?) but the client renderer was basing it on distance from camera pov or something.

And if the new one DO work, do the crafted ones now work and can you still craft them? And if not, why the hell not?

They have more illumination than they used to, they all have the same illumination, however the potions last 30 minutes, the light stones last an hour, and the greater light stones last an hour but do not get consumed and are recast-able. The weird, in front of the head, projection is still an issue but they have said they plan on changing it. However, it is low on their priority list at this time compared to what they still have left to accomplish. So far I believe them when they say they are going make adjustments to it in the future.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #749 on: June 16, 2014, 02:01:45 PM

I have not recrafted the wearable light stone but the consumable ones and the potions seem very nice for light throwing capability. I got like 5 of the one hour duration ones from a chest and they throw plenty of light to make caving much nicer.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #750 on: June 16, 2014, 03:24:25 PM

I haven't heard anything.

I think that Landmark is a good enough hype success on its own for now that they are able to not pre-hype the MMO for a while.
Bhazrak
Terracotta Army

Reply #751 on: June 16, 2014, 08:13:57 PM

I think SOE Live is the next best time for actual EQN info. For now it's just Landmark, granted a good amount of Landmark stuff is also going to be EQN stuff.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #752 on: June 22, 2014, 04:27:56 AM

The best source of info is probably their YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/EverQuestNext/videos

For example, they reveal here that players in EQ Next will be able to own claims in a similar way to Landmark, but only in certain designated areas and only to build things that fit in with EQ lore:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMYGpavmGcE
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #753 on: June 27, 2014, 01:53:46 PM

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #754 on: July 02, 2014, 10:04:02 PM

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #755 on: July 03, 2014, 08:17:50 AM

Do all caves have chests in them?  I've fully scouted several and found naught but a few minerals.

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #756 on: July 03, 2014, 12:23:03 PM

They are random spawns, not every cave has one and they don't seem to respawn on a set schedule.  Most of the ones I've found have been in caves I dug down to.  Anything with a surface entrance has probably been picked over pretty well.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #757 on: July 03, 2014, 12:57:56 PM

How would one know to find a buried cave?  Are they that common, pure luck, or will one of the tool spot clusters of minerals that indicate one?

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #758 on: July 03, 2014, 02:39:06 PM

Your mileage may vary but you definitely have a better chance getting chests from pockets than from surface ones (unless you do a surface cave right after downtime or at a lucky random respawn time) like Tmon suggests.

Easiest way is with the new ore/sounder detectors. They will reveal ore or gems within 200m of you, and you can use this from the surface or inside a cave to determine the likely location of another underground "pocket" cave.

Hit detector, pulverize for about 150m, rinse, repeat. I followed pocket caves for about an hour recently, and found 2 chests.

Don't get too excited for chests though, seems the rare (ie decent) loot will require 100-200 to even get 1 decent drop. Things I've gotten from chests: A wooden table, A conch shell, An Open speckled shell, a single potion, an Adventurer's grappling hook (NOT the rare "Delver's" that is chest only), A Ring of Brawn, An Anklet of Bounding, lightstones (stacks of x5 usually, once though got a single 1), Greater Lightstone. I've probably opened 30 chests so far.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #759 on: July 03, 2014, 04:09:26 PM

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #760 on: July 04, 2014, 02:40:28 AM

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #761 on: July 15, 2014, 05:22:48 PM

Got my beta invite.  How hard is this on pc ability.  Need a good one to run or could load on my semi decent laptop

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #762 on: July 15, 2014, 06:22:10 PM

It's not optimized (I hope), so you'll need to turn down some settings.

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #763 on: July 16, 2014, 09:34:34 AM

Current recommended specs are 64 bit, 4GB of RAM, Quad core or better processor and at least a 1GB video card (nVidia GeForce GTX 560 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher). Don't know if your laptop meets these, but I was able to play on a dual core hyperthreaded mobo with everything else just meeting the minimums.. I'd say as long as the laptop isn't using a integrated GPU that it'll work but possibly at very weak FPS numbers.

I can be of help if you're having issues with this game, and I'd say that even if you have an uber machine you still might have issues with this game. There are numerous tweaks that may not be immediately apparant, and I'm probably the only one still in game the most (so if you want an in game hand look for Laozee).

Patching will begin in about 20 minutes also, so I don't know if you'll be in game or able to test for approx 2-3 hours.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #764 on: July 18, 2014, 08:18:04 AM

Everyone on the same server?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #765 on: July 18, 2014, 10:02:51 AM

You can switch at will.  Several are on Rebellion and... Serenity?

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #766 on: July 21, 2014, 12:36:27 PM

Came back from vacation to find you can build with water now.  And by build I mean just that, it behaves like any other building material except you can swim in it.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #767 on: July 27, 2014, 11:51:04 AM

So this is a thing on Steam right now...

$100 marked down to $34? Sure.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #768 on: July 27, 2014, 11:56:26 AM

So are they working on the actual EQ Next game or are they pouring time and energy into this garish crap? Other than some brief avatar footage from 1+ year ago I can't find any sort of footage of the game. All their videos on YouTube seem to be fat people sitting around bullshitting, which is never good.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #769 on: July 27, 2014, 12:12:17 PM

Yeah, i'm starting to get worried about the real game.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EQ Next Landmark - It's Like Minecraft But Not™  
Jump to: