Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:01:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EQ Next Landmark - It's Like Minecraft But Not™ 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EQ Next Landmark - It's Like Minecraft But Not™  (Read 334459 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #455 on: March 26, 2014, 03:31:01 PM

I'm dl'ing the beta client but they haven't sent me an email with the four beta codes.  Hey, Drew!!  You still awake?  You can dl now!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: March 26, 2014, 03:39:07 PM

Instructions for downloading with link HERE

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #457 on: March 26, 2014, 04:15:10 PM

It's only midnight here! Downloading right now, and as I promised one key is going to f13. The first with more than 400 posts who writes here what's the rare mineral in M.U.L.E. gets it.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: March 26, 2014, 04:26:36 PM

Crystite.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #459 on: March 26, 2014, 04:27:10 PM

Yes!  Heart  You got a PM.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: March 26, 2014, 04:33:49 PM

Thanks Falc!  I'll dedicate my first workbench to you.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #461 on: March 26, 2014, 04:40:29 PM

I have 4 keys   0 keys -- ALL GONE: quote post to redeem (talking dirty to me may or may not help, too)

1: Cadaverine
2: Taolurker
3: Rasix
4: Rendakor
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 05:45:06 PM by Bzalthek »

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #462 on: March 26, 2014, 04:57:24 PM

I have 4 keys: quote post to redeem (talking dirty to me may or may not help, too)
I'll take one if'n you still have one.

I'd talk dirty, but I'm far too prude for such prurient pastimes.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: March 26, 2014, 05:02:16 PM

I have 4 keys  3 keys: quote post to redeem (talking dirty to me may or may not help, too)

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #464 on: March 26, 2014, 05:35:29 PM

I have 4 keys   2 keys: quote post to redeem (talking dirty to me may or may not help, too)

3:
4:

Interested, sweet cheeks.

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #465 on: March 26, 2014, 05:36:40 PM

I have 4 keys   2 keys: quote post to redeem (talking dirty to me may or may not help, too)

3:
4:
I can has last key please?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: March 26, 2014, 06:22:01 PM

Since I'll be working on gathering at first, what is the preferred server?

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #467 on: March 26, 2014, 07:04:15 PM

I started on Rebellion-Canal

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #468 on: March 26, 2014, 07:08:32 PM

I'm on Rebellion/Timber.  It's nice.  Tundra surrounded by forest. 

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #469 on: March 26, 2014, 07:55:43 PM

I am on Rebellion something.  I've got no claim flag, apparently, so I am digging until I come out on the other side.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #470 on: March 26, 2014, 08:34:21 PM

You have to craft your claim flag at the spire

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #471 on: March 26, 2014, 08:54:53 PM

Ended up running into Pennilenko on Serenity/Lowland right away.  Him having a bunch of crafting stations already built was handy.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #472 on: March 26, 2014, 09:21:56 PM

Now that you can craft portal shards it's doesn't matter how far you are from the spire.  That's good.  I had found my spot on Serenity first but by the time I sorted out that deposit nonsense it was taken.  So I rebelled.  I hope this thing about only being able to stuff enough deposit in the claim management thingy is only for this beta or they change that.  Sometimes I go away and don't come back for way longer than five days.  If this is the case, I'm probably completely out of there the first time my claim disappears, regardless of how much I like the game.  I think that's a horrible policy.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #473 on: March 26, 2014, 10:38:22 PM

I think a limit is a good idea, but 5 days is pretty damn low.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #474 on: March 27, 2014, 03:58:37 AM

The upkeep bothers me A LOT. I am sure 5 days is an insane figure although it could be just for beta, to ensure people will keep active. But if it gets to release, and forces me to log in at least every five days FOREVER (or for as long as I want to keep my claim) I am  gonna be super pissed. My house in SWG lasted from day 1 to the day they shut down the servers with very little intervention on my part and to kow it was there made me happy. I am not saying everyone should be allow to hold a piece of cool land indefinitely without ever logging in, but I should be able to pay upkeep in advance for at least, say, a month. Damn, what if I go on a work trip that lasts more than five days? No, I am sure that value isn't final. It doesn't make any sense.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #475 on: March 27, 2014, 04:37:13 AM

I have 4 keys   0 keys -- ALL GONE: quote post to redeem (talking dirty to me may or may not help, too)

3: Rasix
4: Rendakor
Damn Poland and its un-American time zone!

Anybody else get keys?   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #476 on: March 27, 2014, 08:48:09 AM

My little log cabin will look silly in the desert.  Anyway, I'm sure they'll let you pay forward more than five days when the game is released.  How much more will determine whether or not I continue.  Luckily the upgrade for this was a gift or I'd be much more grumpy about it.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #477 on: March 27, 2014, 09:10:05 AM

Thanks, Signe! I downloaded this morning and made HaemishM on Serenity. No idea where am I yet, but I'll be poking around with this at lunch.

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #478 on: March 27, 2014, 09:49:41 AM

Ended up running into Pennilenko on Serenity/Lowland right away.  Him having a bunch of crafting stations already built was handy.
I actually was dinking around last night, but it was mostly just getting my bearings and testing it on my computer. Then this morning I started harvesting after reading some tutorials to know what to do. I actually logged into General chat to ask a question, and saw Pennilenko join general right after someone answered my question!!!

I was actually on Rebellion first (and when I first saw Penn) but then moved over to Serenity. Glad I did, because Penn gave me a pickaxe way better than I had before.

I'm in game as Laozee, and I still haven't claimed yet, but just created a couple of flags before logging out just now, and nearly have all the materials needed to craft a Stone forge.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #479 on: March 27, 2014, 10:27:25 AM

I'm in as Tmon, just dropped a claim on rebellion and paid up for the next few days.  But it looks like the actual location of your claim is not a big deal right now.  Working on building my first hovel, which if all goes well I will upgrade some day to a shack.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #480 on: March 27, 2014, 10:47:43 AM

Friends list works.  There's an option to tele to friend but you might have to be on the same server.  Travel is easier with the shards but there seems to be a pretty long cooling down time.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #481 on: March 27, 2014, 11:03:52 AM

I'm just north and a bit west of the spawn in Rebellion Canal at the top of one of the peaks.  I finally got the mats for a worktable and now am just messing around with odd decorations.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #482 on: March 27, 2014, 11:13:48 AM

So I spent my lunch hour digging holes in the attempt to craft a better goddamn pick so I can build a claim flag. I'm currently on Serenity in the Levee area.

EDIT: And I see the sycophants on the forum already being twats about the initial claim flag being "no problem... if you have the founder's pick."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 11:32:40 AM by HaemishM »

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #483 on: March 27, 2014, 12:41:36 PM

It is a bit of a pain in the ass, but I'm supposing they did it in this manner to keep the claims relatively uncluttered to give the founders first pick at claim spots.  Keep in mind that you need a LOT of resources to build just about anything large scale, so there's going to be a fuckton of digging already.  Might as well get a chunk of it out of the way.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #484 on: March 28, 2014, 06:28:43 AM

Also note the founders pick is a piece of shit. You won't be using it long even if you have it. Also, what Bz said.

I forgot they wiped because I'm playing minecraft and really have little urge to log in and build on a postage stamp.

Also, I have keys.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #485 on: March 28, 2014, 06:33:09 AM

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #486 on: March 28, 2014, 06:42:24 AM

Also note the founders pick is a piece of shit. You won't be using it long even if you have it. Also, what Bz said.

I forgot they wiped because I'm playing minecraft and really have little urge to log in and build on a postage stamp.

Also, I have keys.
Key please

EDIT: Thanks, Sky!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 08:13:51 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #487 on: March 28, 2014, 07:55:51 AM

I upgraded to an iron pick, and amazingly I got a decent legendary.  Now I need to upgrade my axe, because after mining with the speed of that pick chopping trees is god slow.

Also, keep in mind you can have 3 claims now, so the postage stamp is not as much an issue.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #488 on: March 28, 2014, 08:41:31 AM

3 claims to your name, but about 9 claims attached to each other and with shared permissions, so if anything it's like 9 postage stamps. Hard to call that a small area to build on.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #489 on: March 28, 2014, 08:46:48 AM

So, what the hell do I do in this?  awesome, for real  How do I find you people?

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EQ Next Landmark - It's Like Minecraft But Not™  
Jump to: