Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:00:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EQ Next Landmark - It's Like Minecraft But Not™ 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EQ Next Landmark - It's Like Minecraft But Not™  (Read 332678 times)
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #280 on: February 19, 2014, 12:10:11 PM

I've got all the tools.  How do I tilt a plane to an angle?  The line tool really leaves a lot to be desired. 

Once I create and fill my selection, I can then copy and paste it.  However, there are only four positions for each of the three axes.  Is there a way to change it so the scroll wheel turns less than 90 degrees each turn?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #281 on: February 19, 2014, 12:11:58 PM

There is some site named "The Adult Gamer" (don't think there's boobies though) that has some videos of people doing stuff.  I watched one and it was helpful.  I think there's stuff about the line tool, too.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #282 on: February 19, 2014, 12:35:52 PM

From what it looks like all servers will be linked, so everyone can visit everyone regardless of where their claims are, including EU or NA servers. I guess it'll be the same for "guilds". That's really neat.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #283 on: February 19, 2014, 12:45:08 PM

I've got all the tools.  How do I tilt a plane to an angle?  The line tool really leaves a lot to be desired. 

Once I create and fill my selection, I can then copy and paste it.  However, there are only four positions for each of the three axes.  Is there a way to change it so the scroll wheel turns less than 90 degrees each turn?
You don't. There's only 90º rotation on the tools. That's why people are trying to do such insane things with the line tool which pretty much sucks.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: February 19, 2014, 02:11:05 PM

Thanks for clarifying.  Bummer.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #285 on: February 19, 2014, 03:17:18 PM

You can also use the triangle shaped blocks and rotate them around to create lines at angles. You may not get exactly what you want that way, but that's how people create roofs or diamond shapes..

I'm glad I'm awesome at something - even if it's accidental.  I don't know I didn't see it since I had it on that channel.  I saw Palmer log in but he's anti-social and all that.  I might have called him a misanthropic bastard.  Or maybe I just said that out loud.  I found a claim on that Serenity server on the Highland world because I think that's where Sky and other f13 people went.  They're going to be doing that phase one thingy soon I think, which might mean we can band together and go for world domination.  You can be the World Dominatrix.  I have a feeling it might suit you.  Anyway, I don't know if we would need to be on the same server and world to have a group or a guild or a whatever.  I guess I should go read something.

I'm pretty sure the chat channels are bugged because I am watching them and I've literally never seen anyone say anything except for one time when Pennilenko and I had a conversation.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #286 on: February 19, 2014, 03:18:48 PM

I saw Quinton talk once.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #287 on: February 19, 2014, 03:42:30 PM

I saw Drew leave the channel.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #288 on: February 19, 2014, 04:03:41 PM

There is some site named "The Adult Gamer" (don't think there's boobies though) that has some videos of people doing stuff.  I watched one and it was helpful.  I think there's stuff about the line tool, too.

This one?. That's some great info, thanks for mentioning it!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #289 on: February 19, 2014, 04:10:20 PM

I wrote "Signe!" in all possible ways (Seriously, I used caps, symbols and all sorts of spam) but got no response whatsoever. This is really messed up. Seems I can only communicate with Darniaq.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #290 on: February 19, 2014, 04:13:06 PM

See, I told you you exist on another plane.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
WayAbvPar

Reply #291 on: February 19, 2014, 04:23:57 PM

I wrote "Signe!" in all possible ways (Seriously, I used caps, symbols and all sorts of spam) but got no response whatsoever. This is really messed up. Seems I can only communicate with Darniaq.

Next time just shout 'FEET!'.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: February 19, 2014, 04:32:54 PM

See, I told you you exist on another plane.

With DQ? Not too bad of a plane, I'd say. Although he's probably stuck in it with me.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #293 on: February 19, 2014, 07:39:34 PM

Yea jeezus people, why am I the only in f13 chat right now?

Chat's kinda borked. Queue "alpha". For me "/join f13" meant creating a new chat channel on channel #7. If you have click "Default" in your chat window you'll see chatter in F13 (if any) as "7. F13" in the twitter feed genchat is becoming (it's not as bad as Barrens/EC Tunnel but it's getting there). Convenienlty the game also automatically creates an F13 TAB in your chat window.

Unconventiently, it doesn't tell you that.

But the channel is there. And occasionally you'll find Falc and I waxing loquacious in it smiley
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #294 on: February 19, 2014, 08:04:15 PM

I don't see any General Chat, never have. As I said, I've only seen Quinton actually speak in there, and I think he saw mine. I do see joins and leaves.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #295 on: February 20, 2014, 03:19:58 AM

There's a general chat?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #296 on: February 20, 2014, 03:25:29 AM

I only saw the General Chat on the day the game was launched. Then it vanished. Forever. I assumed people weren't talking and the whole server was too busy building and mining and chatting in private channel, but it doesn't make much sense, I know.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #297 on: February 20, 2014, 07:17:04 AM

I think I saw general before but now it's default, loot and f13.  Loot is busy so I'm glad it's separate, but I'd like to combine default and f13 since there's not much going on in the world.  Having said that, it looks as if they're going to address some of this in the Phase 1 update - "We’re also allowing groups so it’s easy to have a private chat channel and see each other on the map".  They're even adding their own Voice over Internet.  I think all this is happening soon, too. 

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: February 20, 2014, 09:24:12 AM

The default tab shows chat from all channels together. The individual tabs are for isolating just that chat.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #299 on: February 20, 2014, 12:26:04 PM

I can see Lefteye (Drew) and Palmer log in and out but when I say something I don't think anyone sees it.  It must be me.  I wonder what I'm doing wrong?  I found Sky's place.  He had left all his lights on so I turned them off.  For some reason he left all his deep dark sex dungeon lights off so I turned them on.  I used his tools.  I touched all his stuff and went through his sock drawer.  Now I might go rummage through Drew's drawers.  Who knows what I'll find there!?!

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #300 on: February 20, 2014, 12:39:27 PM

Those weren't socks.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #301 on: February 20, 2014, 12:40:41 PM

I have my eyes peeled on the f13 chat every time I am in game and I say "hi!" every single time. It is obvious at this point that it doesn't work. Except for me and Darniaq, qith each other. Weird.

About my socks, just go on the Courage server, Crest (tier 1) island, northeastern corner. There's some sort of a hill that I've built a well and a broken rampart on. I want to leave it like that on the top, so I am working on the dunegon, underground. I am slow though and I don't want to invest too much in what will get wiped and will inevitably break my heart. All you are gonna find down there anyway is a cozy room with pillows and a table with some chair. Oh and a strange aquamarine half-globe that I use to tell the weather. Just to clarify, I am loving this but I have the building skills of a five years old. Maybe that's why I am so forgiving.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #302 on: February 20, 2014, 01:02:37 PM

The spot I found the other day was the only one on Serenity that I could find with a bit of greenery and only one giant tree that can't be removed.  So far I made it flat-ish in places.  Strangely, the spot I found is in the same area that Sky built his and so close I could throw rocks at it from my front perch.  Since I used his stuff, I wanted to leave a fancy mug in his torture sex dungeon but the game wouldn't let me.  So my plot is east and a bit north from Skys.  There's nothing on it.  If someone comes visit, I'll make a chair.  Bring your own mug.

There is downtime to fix some stuff at the moment.  Not the chat, I don't think though.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 02:56:39 PM by Signe »

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #303 on: February 20, 2014, 03:56:02 PM

That downtime was to roll out this update. Bug and nuisance fixes mostly, some of which even affect me, which is odd. Normally MMO bug fixes are about items I didn't know existed for classes I don't play at levels I'll never achieve smiley

Oh, also, their weekly Landmark Live episode

And they revised the Pulverizer to combine #2 and 3 (which coincidentally was what I voted for)

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: February 21, 2014, 01:39:46 AM

There's a new bug that will be hotfixed today which makes the delete tool act up.

In other picture news, people are already building real towns...  awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #305 on: February 21, 2014, 12:42:36 PM

I ain't got no body....

srsly.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #306 on: February 21, 2014, 12:45:55 PM

CREEPY FLOATING HEAD

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #307 on: February 21, 2014, 01:26:15 PM

My client did that last night, too.  Weird.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #308 on: February 21, 2014, 01:52:41 PM

There's a new bug that will be hotfixed today which makes the delete tool act up.

In other picture news, people are already building real towns...  awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

That looks awesome.  There is a future something here.

I have never played WoW.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #309 on: February 21, 2014, 02:53:26 PM

I started experimenting with all that micro-voxel stuff. Some pretty crazy lattice works are possible. I'm curious if it's a glitch or intended. My two tower templates are complete, and I'm kinda figuring out a theme as I go. Maybe I'll post a pic if I don't think it'll be embarassing.

The thing I like most about this creation engine is it's a great blend of tools you don't need to master in order to dabble with something that might send you down a creative track even if you have no idea what you want when you start.

If you stick to the basic primitives, you'll end up with stuff that looks the same as everyone else's, but still looks pretty good within the world (like that recent town pic from Falc's post: a good amount of work, but doesn't push the bounds on the tools like that earlier town which had a Borderlands feel).

But on the other end are dragons wrapping around towers, Statue of Liberty standins and other things I'm getting the sense even SOE wasn't sure was possible.

The geometries don't interact as predictably as I'm used to in CADD environments. But most of that is solvable with Undo smiley

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #310 on: February 21, 2014, 02:56:53 PM

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #311 on: February 21, 2014, 04:02:30 PM

I started experimenting with all that micro-voxel stuff. Some pretty crazy lattice works are possible. I'm curious if it's a glitch or intended. My two tower templates are complete, and I'm kinda figuring out a theme as I go. Maybe I'll post a pic if I don't think it'll be embarassing.

The thing I like most about this creation engine is it's a great blend of tools you don't need to master in order to dabble with something that might send you down a creative track even if you have no idea what you want when you start.

If you stick to the basic primitives, you'll end up with stuff that looks the same as everyone else's, but still looks pretty good within the world (like that recent town pic from Falc's post: a good amount of work, but doesn't push the bounds on the tools like that earlier town which had a Borderlands feel).

But on the other end are dragons wrapping around towers, Statue of Liberty standins and other things I'm getting the sense even SOE wasn't sure was possible.

The geometries don't interact as predictably as I'm used to in CADD environments. But most of that is solvable with Undo smiley

Some of the statues people are making are pretty cool

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #312 on: February 21, 2014, 04:33:51 PM

Jeezus. I had seen the third one earlier in the thread, but all of these, that's crazy talent. Not even so much to power through how the tools work, but to be able to sculpt in 3D space like that. I've never been that kind of artist. I could barely draw some of those smiley
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #313 on: February 21, 2014, 04:52:36 PM

So the bugs some of us saw last night were spotted and fixed. Game is being updated:

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #314 on: February 21, 2014, 05:15:18 PM

This really REALLY makes me want to update my Giant Monkey lava statue from Minecraft.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EQ Next Landmark - It's Like Minecraft But Not™  
Jump to: