Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:48:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 6, Too Much Contact and No More Feeling 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Day 6, Too Much Contact and No More Feeling  (Read 15990 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: January 25, 2014, 04:17:45 PM

Day 5 ended just in time for Day 6 to begin. Here's the tale of the tape as we head into the penultimate qualifying round.

And here is the roll of lists for day 6.

These games must be played by Tuesday 4th Feb. Play early, Play often.

The rankings look like this currently which is bad news for me, Wolven, Stabby and Lamaros who are looking increasingly unlikely to be able to secure even a wild-card ticket to the playoffs.

Stats from BBManager below the cut.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 05:26:16 PM

The Nifty Helmets fought Power Team Volcano in a messy 2-0 game, as chaos and chaos dwarves crashed together in a rough scrum that left one dwarf dead and will prevent a beastman from playing in the next game.

The Dwarves chose to receive and lined up for an off-center drive but the helmets called an audible and rearranged their defense to counter it, though as they were in motion a short kick put the ball squarely in the hands of a dwarf team hobgoblin. The dwarf frontline knocked down two warriors and then (with the help of a reroll) one of their line overextended causing the first turnover. This was immediately followed by a fireball that sputtered out -- failing to effect any of its three targets (including Helmets' mino, Mr. Big). A knockdown brawl ensues back and forth until the ball carrier is blitzed and the ball knocked free. The melee over the ball (and other parts of the field) continued until almost the end of the half, when the Helmets's chaos warrior was finally able (with a reroll) to pick up the damn ball and scored a turn later to end the half.

The second half had the Helmets set to receive. They knocked out some space in the center and caged up with the ball, but it immediately started to buckle from the pressure the Volcanoes were able to bring on it.  The Helmets were able to knock a hole in the chaos dwarvf defenses and the ball carrier ran through it while the rest of the team tied up the Volcanoes in another messy midfield brawl. This ate up a few turns as the teams just brawled while the beastman with the ball waited near the end zone (knocking out the lone hobgoblin to reach him). However, chaos dwarves were no easy opponents and chaos team began to lose the midfield fight, forcing them to score to avoid more injuries. Then after the final kick off the ball was mostly ignored as each team scrabbled for a scrap of SPP but came up empty.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 06:01:35 PM

Oooof, how am I in first place in my division (after tiebreaks)? Things are not looking good for me to see some competitive games in the failoffs.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 11:14:12 PM

Knights 2 - Chaos Theorist 0

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 11:14:24 PM

Theorists lose 0-2 to Knights. The game can be summarized by the number of 6s rolled on d6: 9/55 for knights and 1/33 for theorists (theorists also managed to roll more 1s than the knights).

Also all the kick-off events went to knights (+reroll, throw rock (ko'ed a bm), perfect defense, blitz)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 11:19:28 PM by satael »
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 11:47:30 PM

Wow, that was fast.
Darth Roxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 12:02:47 AM

I hope you didn't get too attached to your rats, Jaedar, I need sum SPPs on muh blitzers DRILLING AND MANLINESS

From the wake of Magellan to Magellan's wake.
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 02:35:53 AM

I hope you didn't get too attached to your rats, Jaedar, I need sum SPPs on muh blitzers DRILLING AND MANLINESS
I hope you didn't get to attached to the hope that you might reach the playoffs  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
willisterman
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 03:31:14 AM

Keep Rolling 1 - The Camp-Town OrcBoyz 0

This match didn't go the way I was expecting.  I expected the orcs to really pummel my team, but was able to hold my own and turn it into a win.

Keep Rolling spent a bit of money on keeping the ref from noticing the DeathRoller, a wizard and some Bloodwiser babes.  The first few turns have a fair amount of hitting, and then the wizard steps in on turn 2, and he's really had his wizard juice this time.  Kills a player, (appoced), and knocks down a load of others.  This allows the dorfs enough time to slow down the Orcs, and stop them from scoring.  The orcs keep knocking the Deathroller down, and fouling him, but it doesn't connect fully, and on the third attempt, the ref finally notices it, and sends the goblin off. A few injuries on either side, but the next half starts with the orcs down to 10 players, and the Dorfs back to a full lineup.

The dorfs are able to open a line down the middle of the pitch with break tackle on the deathroller, and score.  At this point, Nuffle starts shining on the Dorfs and almost everything they try to do, works.  Dodging and picking up the ball with an agi 2 player, in a tacklezone?  Have 2 6's.  Attacks?  Have knockdowns.  The orcs were not able to recover, and the match ended at 1-0.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 04:31:50 PM

Beetles tie Filling 1-1.

Vibrant Filling had a zillion inducements and took the chef, a wizard, babes.  I was afraid he'd take the chef.  And he did.  And the little halfling bastard stole three of my precious rerolls in the first half.  And then, the Beetles' anticipation of a smooth easy victory was smashed by Nuffle, who hates hubris.

The Beetles received and formed up a loose cage when suddenly some chaos warrior decided he was an elf and swooped into steal the ball after a failed Beetle block.  He snatched the ball up and and pranced his way to victory.  WTF.  This whole humiliating process took until turn 6, so with no time left in the first half to score, suddenly the Beetles were playing to not lose, since everyone knows Khemri can't score twice in a half.  

The second half dice did go a little better (and the chef rolled a zero), and the ball was quickly repossessed from the grubby Chaos fingers and the score evened up on turn 14.  En route, the wizard used a fireball which didn't do much.  Knocked over one tomb guardian or something.

On the last two turns, there was a remote chance of a blitz-ra screaming into the endzone for a second score - he did reach the ball and was within a GFI or two of making it in on the next turn if he picked it up (50%)... but he was knocked over by a watchful beastman on turn 16 and that was that.

One badly hurt for the Filling, no injuries for the Beetles.

Stats:
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 05:36:47 PM

Khemri, khemri never changes.
Tried it a bit, liked the Tomb Guardian, but the constant caging, caging, moar cage, u lost ball? GG u lost, made me decide it's just not for me.
Was getting tired of watching pick up phails too.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 06:40:29 PM

Ruvaldt, rotters want to hug.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 07:30:08 PM

I'm sure you have such sights to show me.  I probably have it coming after my years with the Presidents.

I'm available pretty much any evening except for the coming Tuesday and Superbowl Sunday.

It's going to be fun, we haven't played in a while, Avaia.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 10:44:40 PM

I forget what your normal hours in your time zone are, Lamaros, so let me know and we can try to work something out. Generally I am available from 7 pm Pacific on although Thursday this week I have kendo and Friday may or may not work. One of Saturday or Sunday will be also good for me but I don't know which one yet, I am waiting for an update from a flaky D&D player.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 02:14:14 AM

IIRC we're looking at a weekend game due to time differences. Let me know when you have a clearer idea of weekend time, I should be able to fit in.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 11:27:33 AM

alright megrim i think its time for us to determine who truly has khorne's favor  Mob
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 01:33:57 PM

Since I am UK hopefully our timezones are not too harsh for a change Teleku so will keep an eye out for you on Steam to get our match played.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 02:18:01 PM

alright megrim i think its time for us to determine who truly has khorne's favor  Mob

heh, it'll be good. I should be free this weekend + Monday (setting aside time for the superb owl). I have nfi what our time difference is, but I'll check Steam whenever I get the chance.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 04:33:45 PM

Hey Stabby, I've been checking Steam and it seems you haven't been on for a few days.
Message me on there when you've got a minute so that we can sort out times.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 10:45:43 PM

Since I am UK hopefully our timezones are not too harsh for a change Teleku so will keep an eye out for you on Steam to get our match played.
Haha, figures.  Finally get to play against a timezone near mine, and I'm in a far different one.  So yeah, I just arrived in Manila this weekend for training.  I'll be in Manila for about 3 more weeks.  It may be really god damned hard to pull this off, but we'll see.  I believe I'm about 8 hours ahead of you right now.  First step is for me to find an internet cafe where I can get the game installed and played from.  I'm in the top upper teir rooms at the hotel, and have access to an executive lounge with its own computers.  Maybe they don't lock their computers down and I can try that.  I'll let you know.  Beyond that.... I'm assuming it will have to be a weekend, unless you can play sometime mid day on a week day.

If we cant make this work, I'll happily accept the loss, since its my current situation which makes this hard.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 02:08:28 AM

Eldaec, I've been trying to ping you on Steam but you never seem to be online. Let me know when you are free.

stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 12:23:43 PM

Hey Stabby, I've been checking Steam and it seems you haven't been on for a few days.
Message me on there when you've got a minute so that we can sort out times.

Yeah, sorry about that. My schedule's been erratic all week to a point I'm not even sure when I'll be free, and this should keep up 'til Friday at least. Hoping you're free for a weekend game, as I'm not sure how I'm going to get a couple of hours to myself any other time right now.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 01:15:06 PM

Lamaros, looks like my Friday night and all day on my Sunday are clear. Not going to bother with the Super Bowl this year.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 29, 2014, 01:38:17 PM

Eldaec, I've been trying to ping you on Steam but you never seem to be online. Let me know when you are free.

Will be online a bit tomorrow, also Friday evening.

Btw, advance notice - I'm on holiday from the 4th so can play Monday evening or Tuesday , but after that I may have to forfeit vs drogg. Apologies.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #24 on: January 29, 2014, 01:55:29 PM

Yeah, sorry about that. My schedule's been erratic all week to a point I'm not even sure when I'll be free, and this should keep up 'til Friday at least. Hoping you're free for a weekend game, as I'm not sure how I'm going to get a couple of hours to myself any other time right now.

No worries.
My weekend is pretty open right now, we'll just need to work out the time difference and go from there.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 29, 2014, 02:39:42 PM

Lamaros, looks like my Friday night and all day on my Sunday are clear. Not going to bother with the Super Bowl this year.

Ok cool. Looks like your Sat afternoon my Sunday morning may work best, but I'll just double check a few things and let you know.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 29, 2014, 02:51:14 PM

Er, sorry, I didn't mean that to be Friday through Sunday, just Friday and Sunday. My Saturday during the day is no good (running my Pathfinder game) but I could do late Saturday night (like after 9 my time).

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: January 29, 2014, 08:13:52 PM

Er, sorry, I didn't mean that to be Friday through Sunday, just Friday and Sunday. My Saturday during the day is no good (running my Pathfinder game) but I could do late Saturday night (like after 9 my time).

Oh, my bad I misread sunday as sat somehow... Hmm maybe your friday my sat will work. Think I might have birthday, etc commitments that I'll have to check this evening though.

Will have to, as I'm not really available monday/sunday your time.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 29, 2014, 08:22:05 PM

Theoretically if I had to I could get up early Saturday morning to play your Saturday night as well I think. I don't need to leave home on Saturday until noon, but that's a hard deadline.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #29 on: January 30, 2014, 07:41:44 AM

Will be online a bit tomorrow, also Friday evening.

Btw, advance notice - I'm on holiday from the 4th so can play Monday evening or Tuesday , but after that I may have to forfeit vs drogg. Apologies.
I'm out tonight but should be around on Friday evening.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: January 30, 2014, 01:52:14 PM

Haha, figures.  Finally get to play against a timezone near mine, and I'm in a far different one.  So yeah, I just arrived in Manila this weekend for training.  I'll be in Manila for about 3 more weeks.  It may be really god damned hard to pull this off, but we'll see.  I believe I'm about 8 hours ahead of you right now.  First step is for me to find an internet cafe where I can get the game installed and played from.  I'm in the top upper teir rooms at the hotel, and have access to an executive lounge with its own computers.  Maybe they don't lock their computers down and I can try that.  I'll let you know.  Beyond that.... I'm assuming it will have to be a weekend, unless you can play sometime mid day on a week day.

If we cant make this work, I'll happily accept the loss, since its my current situation which makes this hard.

Actually I am on paternity leave for the next 2 weeks so we have a chance of making this happen. Just depends if I can find any time during the day to sit for a couple of hours. If you can give me a day that would definitely help.
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: January 30, 2014, 02:24:19 PM

No worries.
My weekend is pretty open right now, we'll just need to work out the time difference and go from there.

Well, I'm GMT-5. and to start t least a general time frame, would something in the range of sat-evening to sun-morning-ish (my time) work for ya?

(Sorry, right now my brain is somehow not able to fathom just how the time difference works in Australia, which for some reason is where I'm assuming you are.)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #32 on: January 30, 2014, 04:17:13 PM

Carnifex, where you at?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: January 30, 2014, 06:52:27 PM

* avaia casts a spell of +5 Ruvaldt
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 31, 2014, 04:26:06 PM

Hey Ingmar, looks like I'm tied up for most of today, :(, will probs have to try for ... I dunno. I'll have to work out something.

Edit: scratch that ill be around in a few hours.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:37:45 PM by lamaros »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 6, Too Much Contact and No More Feeling  
Jump to: