Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 11:32:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Conspiracy Theory Time: The Pixar Theory 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Conspiracy Theory Time: The Pixar Theory  (Read 2537 times)
SurfD
Terracotta Army

on: January 18, 2014, 10:42:52 PM

Sometimes, you just have to marvel at the amount of connections people can make between seemingly random things.

In that vein, I present to you: The Pixar Theory, in which someone posits the possibility that every single pixar movie is actually connected and that they all happen in the same "universe".

It actually is a fairly interesting read, and like the best of conpsiracy theories, had just enough of the right dots to connect to make you believe that it just might be true.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 12:25:31 AM

I want whatever he's smoking.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 02:20:38 AM

Eh, I can see him having a very strong case for like 90% of it, but it all really falls appart in my mind if you try to include Cars.  It takes a REAL stretch of credibility to imagine that anthropomorphized Vehicles could somehow be a natural development in any world.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 07:20:34 AM

That was great. Cars is easy to fit into a world of sentient technology with a long timeline, especially where the split between animal-based and tech-based intelligence starts in the 20th century.

The article could use an infographic though.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 10:22:25 AM

Nerds ruing everything.  Taking unconnected easter eggs from various movies and using them to create this 'itt's all connected man' "obsessed" vision is somehow worse than trying to connect Tarantino's movies to a common universe.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 05:12:57 PM

connect Tarantino's movies to a common universe.
You mean Tarantino's movies aren't in a common universe?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 06:22:23 PM

What's the conspiracy part here...
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 06:35:22 PM

All of pixar's movies are connected: they were made by Pixar!

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 08:03:54 PM

I think this guy isn't ruining everything. You guys are the fun ruiners.

Pixar Theory Guy stated:

The point of this theory is to have fun and exercise your imagination while simultaneously finding interesting connections between these fantastic movies. If you hate fun and/or imagination, you probably won’t like this theory.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 08:12:48 PM

I think this guy isn't ruining everything. You guys are the fun ruiners.

Pixar Theory Guy stated:

The point of this theory is to have fun and exercise your imagination while simultaneously finding interesting connections between these fantastic movies. If you hate fun and/or imagination, you probably won’t like this theory.

why so serious? ok. *slowly backs out of the thread*

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 03:40:58 PM

I knew about the Planet Pizza truck, but I didn't realise the extent to which Pixar love to be self-referential.

I think it's really cool and fun what they do; but I don't think it adds up to a single overarching storyline in any sensible way.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Conspiracy Theory Time: The Pixar Theory  
Jump to: