Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:53:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: A 2014 Producer letter .. probably worth a read if your sticking around 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A 2014 Producer letter .. probably worth a read if your sticking around  (Read 7027 times)
Nyght
Terracotta Army

on: December 17, 2013, 10:16:43 AM

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=7042572#post7042572

Executive summary:  No expansion next year, quarterly content releases, and seemingly, an emphasis back to the subscription model (VIP).

I think they are finally realizing new player flow on a 6 year old game ain't ever gonna be that good. Trying to get more frequent returns and keep existing players engaged.

"Do you know who is in charge here?" -- "Yep."
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 11:31:52 AM

Yeah, that's actually nice.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 11:35:30 AM

Wasn't last year's producer letter all about housing?
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 10:37:14 AM

Could be read as treading water.  We'll see.  I hear Rohan didn't meet player expectations (like cosmetic horses) and no idea about how HD is doing.  And maybe that's a point.  I resubbed but I have no idea where the community is playing or how to get involved except via GLFF.  That's an endemic problem in this game.  Starting out in WoW in the Elwynn forest, for example, I could always see a lot of the community in Stormwind and got a sense of a larger game.  Never in LotRO.

Feels to me there's still a lot of hard edges and stuff that doesn't make sense.  For instance, the redo to Bree with (lol) LI NPC's everywhere feels broken to me.  Seeing LI vendors hanging around streets is jarring.   FWIW I feel they lost control over their economy between regional token currencies and the LI system.  It's a lot to take in as a new player and as a vet I kind of ignore most NPC's I see now.  These vending machines don't add anything to the game content wise. 
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 02:51:47 AM

If they can keep to four content updates that would be fine.  The class changes are fine on some of my toons (Mini, Hunter) and not so fine on others (Cappie).  Since I'm f2p, an inventory upgrade sounds really good. My packs keep getting full with LI crap. 
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 05:26:10 PM

I never really understood why the bank UI was not implemented for backpacks.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: A 2014 Producer letter .. probably worth a read if your sticking around  
Jump to: