Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:07:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Is Go! Join The League Now! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Is Go! Join The League Now!  (Read 11503 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: November 17, 2013, 08:36:42 AM

We have 24 players ready to go for Season 8 and so I've created the league and you should join as soon as you can. The league name is f13 Season 8 and the password is fearchange.

There will be 3 divisions of 8 players each. Each team will play each other team in their division once and then there will be the traditional playoff and failoff knockout contests afterwards.

The Playoffs will feature 16 teams. The top four in each division will automatically qualify and the remaining four places will be wildcard spots that will be filled by the four losers with the highest points values across all the divisions.

Ties (both for automatic qualification and wildcard spots) will be resolved as follows:
  • Head-to-head (where applicable). three or more way ties will be resolved by considering the head to head points scored by all teams within the tie.
  • TD difference
  • TDs against
  • The caring hand of Nuffle

Let's do this! Once all the teams are in and have been vetted (for the new players), I'll do the mandatory seeding video and we can get started.

The remaining 8 teams who didn't qualify for the Playoffs will take part in a Failoff knockout contest.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 04:06:25 PM

Applied

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 05:30:45 PM

Alright, time to get this thing do-

... ah cwap  awesome, for real.

Probably not a pair of words to be using this early in the game, but I've got a mild dilema that I'm going to chalk up to 'Cyanide client nuance'. Anyhoo, concerning the team I'm planning to bring to the party (Lolis in Space, 1300K~ish Amazons), I'm guessing that due to the fact that the last match day of the previous league they were part of was never validated, it seems I'm unable to do any housekeeping or the like at the moment, which sucks as I've got 200K to burn and one truly, truly useless player that Nuffle absolutely hates and needs to be sacked, like nao~.

Anyone know how to get that fixed (short of tracking down the previous league admin), or am I going to have to bring in my up & comin' back-up team (Daring Believers!, a 1220K Necro tribute to Stan Bush with 40K of dosh)?
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 05:35:39 PM

I have no idea on that I'm afraid. Are they still in their last league or did they already leave it?

stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 05:41:46 PM

I have no idea on that I'm afraid. Are they still in their last league or did they already leave it?

Left it. I've also joined Auld World & quickly left to no avail, as well as deactivated & reactivated them. I guess I could always try to play a quick match with them to see if that settles it, but I've not exactly got that amount of time to spare at the moment so I was hoping to see if anyone had seen this before.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 05:52:45 PM

So play and forfeit?
Joined.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 06:19:12 PM by rk47 »

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 07:23:47 PM

So play and forfeit?

Unfortunately my pride won't allow me to do that. Oh, and after not playing a game with them in forever, hindsight is letting me grasp just how, err, eccentric some...  oh, who am I kidding, all of my skill up choices were. They're going to need a wee bit more work if i'm honest.

So, option B it is. Applied with Daring Believers!, and I'm able to supply replays for previous matches if nessesary. (I'll also whip up something new & cuddly if they're not up to par).
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 08:31:57 PM

I'm just recommending you play necros for your sake, dear.
I hate seeing you finish last with that girlie team I totally violated in day 1.
That was when I thought 'foul casualties = SPP' too.
I felt bad about it.  Sad Panda

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 02:49:23 AM

Applied
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 05:03:47 AM

Just in the precess of redownloading BB. I hope to apply by the end of this evening.

Hic sunt dracones.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 06:31:55 AM

Hmmmmm, do you guys still need people? I'm back in a realistic timezone.... Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Also, is it safe to assume I need the new version to play? If so, would my old team 1) still be around, and 2) transfer without issue into the new version?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 08:05:53 AM

Strazos, if you want to take my place I can step back. My gaming computer literally just died and I dunno if and when I can get it fixed. BB is actually installed in my laptop, but When I tried to log in it kept giving me connection errors.

Hic sunt dracones.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 12:03:42 PM

Hmmmmm, do you guys still need people? I'm back in a realistic timezone.... Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Also, is it safe to assume I need the new version to play? If so, would my old team 1) still be around, and 2) transfer without issue into the new version?

BB:Legendary Edition will work to play against Chaos Edition teams, you just won't get to run one of the new teams yourself. Otherwise they share the same online service.

Strazos

Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 12:54:15 PM

Ok, mark me down then. I got this re-downloaded today, and my teams still appear to exist.

Just let me know when I need to choose a team by - I could bring back my old norse team, or try something different with a DE team. Heck, I might even buy the new version to try one of those teams, though I'm not sure I'd have enough time to get it trained.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 01:40:13 PM

You should join as soon as possible. By this weekend would be ideal.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 02:34:59 PM

I, uh, am still flip-flopping on a team. Will be signing up asap.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 02:44:36 PM

Choose the worst one, kkthx
Strazos

Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 05:49:57 PM

Is there a TV limit?

Fear the Backstab!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 07:43:00 PM

Choose the worst one, kkthx

Heart Heart

iirc the limit was raised to 1400. Spending money cap applies as well. Old teams may be exempt from this, though as far as I'm aware we've never tested this.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 10:39:39 PM

Old teams that never did anything but play in the league have diplomatic immunity, yes, so if I felt like dragging 2300+ TV of dwarves with 400k+ cash in I could. WHICH I AM STILL TEMPTED TO DO BECAUSE OF TELEKU.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #20 on: November 19, 2013, 01:39:31 AM

I'll be the highest TV team in the league one day!
I'm going to get so high that you'll have a hard time spending all the inducements in the allotted time!

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Darth Roxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 05:25:35 AM

Forsooth, I have applied. This gon be gud.

From the wake of Magellan to Magellan's wake.
Strazos

Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 07:13:19 PM

Screw it, applied with my Dark Elf team.

Fear the Backstab!
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: November 20, 2013, 09:08:51 AM

in with my greased up khorne boys.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: November 20, 2013, 09:44:14 AM

Sidekick Storm have applied.

However, google image search has failed me....

Ohhhhh, I see.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #25 on: November 20, 2013, 12:26:02 PM

That screenshot looks like pure win to me.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 10:54:14 AM

Currently in Mexico City airport - 5 hours down, 3 to go - but I will be back home in about 30 hours and ready to sign in!
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: November 21, 2013, 06:44:21 PM

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 09:07:56 PM

Applied.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 22, 2013, 09:39:26 PM

Ditto.

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: November 23, 2013, 07:31:30 AM

Applied.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: November 24, 2013, 04:37:19 PM

So uh, wasn't the cut-off this weekend? Come on people, this train ain't gonna wreck itself!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 04:48:19 PM by Megrim »

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: November 24, 2013, 04:41:11 PM

I count 23 teams signed up.  I'm not gonna try to figure out which one team is missing but YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. 
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #33 on: November 25, 2013, 05:57:43 AM

Yeah, I was having some trouble running Blood Bowl.  My Steam installation became corrupted somehow and I put off reinstalling/logging in.  Fixed now though.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #34 on: November 25, 2013, 12:35:10 PM

Alrighty, seeding video will be done tomorrow and we'll start the league as soon as that is up.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Is Go! Join The League Now!  
Jump to: