Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:12:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  (Read 484794 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1330 on: November 17, 2014, 12:54:03 PM

4k queue on Monday night. The incompetence is palpable and I can already feel the tip of a clown shoe.

Chortle.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1331 on: November 17, 2014, 01:59:54 PM

Just checking in to confirm that the overarching story for WOD still sucks.

Yes, the story absolutely goes full Metzen at the end. In fact, it couldn't get more Metzen-y if it tried.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1332 on: November 17, 2014, 02:02:25 PM

Raise your hand if you didn't see that coming.

Nobody?

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1333 on: November 17, 2014, 02:04:27 PM

In fact, it couldn't get more Metzen-y if it tried.

Well, it could if they had put in an actual Metzen-cosplaying-as-Thrall model.  awesome, for real

Over and out.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1334 on: November 17, 2014, 02:19:26 PM

4k queue on Monday night. The incompetence is palpable and I can already feel the tip of a clown shoe.

Chortle.

Most of my toons are on Earthen Ring Alliance and I haven't waited yet.  My Horde toon is on Emerald Dream and has a 4000 queue every time I try to log into that server.  It's really, really weird.  I'm not sure if server transfers would help, or if they've borked the auth servers for that cluster.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1335 on: November 17, 2014, 02:35:53 PM

Yes, the story absolutely goes full Metzen at the end. In fact, it couldn't get more Metzen-y if it tried.

Without looking at the spoiler...let me guess...Green Jesus saves us all...again?

Edit: Read the spoiler. awesome, for real
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 02:38:37 PM by Ginaz »
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1336 on: November 17, 2014, 03:12:25 PM

So far the zone story lines have been pretty fun. The talador and shadowmoon valley zones have some pretty fun epic story line endings for them and have been quite fun and interesting. I imagine since I have not read the spoilers that thrall winds up saving everybody but at least all the lead up stuff so far has kept me well entertained.  I am curious to see the spires of arak zone as I walked into it and saw some giant spire death raying a forrest so interested in seeing what the crazy birds are up to.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1337 on: November 17, 2014, 03:18:33 PM

Knew about this months ago when Bliz spoilered the in game vids.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #1338 on: November 17, 2014, 03:49:06 PM

Well, it could if they had put in an actual Metzen-cosplaying-as-Thrall model.  awesome, for real

I would pay good money to see that.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1339 on: November 17, 2014, 04:50:17 PM

I would pay good money to see that.

Don't encourage him.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1340 on: November 17, 2014, 04:52:04 PM

Is she really, or is it really some sinister plot of the
ed: quotes are not spoilers
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 04:58:08 PM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1341 on: November 17, 2014, 10:54:57 PM

Heh. You know, at this point it wouldn't surprise me at all.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

e: that said -- I actually kinda like the smaller (zone-level and hub-level) storylines in WOD. Maybe the designers were able to keep Metzen busy with writing this new chapter for his EPIC Thrall fanficsaga...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 11:08:51 PM by Zetor »

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1342 on: November 17, 2014, 11:46:59 PM

I have no doubt some sort of new Old God/Gods will emerge sometime in the near future.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1343 on: November 18, 2014, 12:48:47 PM

Welp, today's menu is instances crashing. I got in early enough after a restart to avoid queuing more than half an hour, but now my character is in instance limbo and won't load.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1344 on: November 18, 2014, 12:52:05 PM

And on queue, the apology: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15269759060

tl;dr - Best xpac ever, but we goofed on server loads. Mea culpa, here's five free days of game time.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1345 on: November 18, 2014, 02:35:21 PM

So we get a public apology for this expansion, but not Cataclysm.

Mob

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1346 on: November 18, 2014, 02:41:00 PM

Ugh, the charm's wearing off. Once again they've nailed that "warrior gets worse as you gain levels" feeling.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1347 on: November 18, 2014, 02:58:09 PM

At least you're not an ele shaman.  awesome, for real

Seriously though, warrior dps specs are pretty bad right now. Best bet is to level as prot: round up giant mob clusters, thunderclap+shockwave+bladestorm them down, spam Victory Rush and Revenge on survivors, finish with full HP. As a bonus, gladiator stance (level 100 prot talent) is one of the strongest DPS specs currently.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1348 on: November 18, 2014, 03:37:07 PM

So we get a public apology for this expansion, but not Cataclysm.

Mob

awesome, for real

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1349 on: November 18, 2014, 04:47:59 PM

I knew you'd get it.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1350 on: November 18, 2014, 05:29:19 PM

Ugh, the charm's wearing off. Once again they've nailed that "warrior gets worse as you gain levels" feeling.

This is not new. Then as your iLevel rises you get uber again.  Just like DKs and Hunters are great at low item levels and suck at scaling. This was an admitted design intent back in WOTLK/ early Cata and I never saw them say it was changed.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1351 on: November 19, 2014, 12:59:48 AM

Looks like the Que Monster has been slain.  No trouble getting in yesterday or today.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1352 on: November 19, 2014, 04:33:32 AM

This is not new. Then as your iLevel rises you get uber again.  Just like DKs and Hunters are great at low item levels and suck at scaling. This was an admitted design intent back in WOTLK/ early Cata and I never saw them say it was changed.

Could be, but annoying gameplay is a really bad design goal.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1353 on: November 19, 2014, 07:57:05 AM

Yup its an odd design choice you basically start at the bottom of a new expansion really powerful for that expansion then that tails off and as you near max level you feel a bit weaker only to go beast mode as soon as you start picking up some raid gear. This is pretty much how its been working for the last three or four expansions so I tend to just ignore it. You push through that minor wall fast enough that its pretty quickly forgotten.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1354 on: November 19, 2014, 08:52:45 AM

It sucks extra bad for me because I take a long time leveling these days. TBC was the last time I was able to poopsock properly.

edit: now it randomly started giving me warnings about my game time running out in 30 minutes. Not only do I have a fresh sub, the 5 day extension should be in effect. Legendary clownshoes.

edit2: also now that I've had a chance to look at it, what the hell is wrong with crafting? Insane amounts of cooldown mats to produce a shitty axe? What's next, insert credit card for coin doubler?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 11:43:46 AM by jakonovski »
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #1355 on: November 19, 2014, 12:32:17 PM

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1356 on: November 19, 2014, 01:45:55 PM

We bitched about it in all of those expansions too. The removal of player agency.

The fact it keeps being Green Jesus just makes it even more intolerable.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #1357 on: November 19, 2014, 04:45:49 PM

Yup its an odd design choice you basically start at the bottom of a new expansion really powerful for that expansion then that tails off and as you near max level you feel a bit weaker only to go beast mode as soon as you start picking up some raid gear. This is pretty much how its been working for the last three or four expansions so I tend to just ignore it. You push through that minor wall fast enough that its pretty quickly forgotten.
It literally has done that every expantion in history.   It is a direct side effect of your secondary stat effectiveness being weighted against your character level.   if you have 5000 haste at level 90 and that equals 40% haste, then the instant you ding 91, your 5000 haste now equals 35% haste.  And since most people going into a new expantion are decked out in decently hefty raid gear that means you dont start picking up actual upgrades untill about half way through the new expantion content, meaning that you start the new content feeling like a tiny god, but by time you start finding your first upgrade, your increase in level has turned your god like stats into wet noodles.   I remember when Cata first came out, and my boomkin had something like 40% crit and 50% haste, and by time I found my first upgrade I had leveled down to around 15% crit and 20% haste, which yes, definately does make you feel worse till you can begin the build up process again and start fully upgrading.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1358 on: November 19, 2014, 08:24:05 PM

Um, are you under the impression that people *didn't* complain about Tirion stealing the kill on LK? Because I assure you, there was a *ton* of complaining about that.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1359 on: November 20, 2014, 12:54:25 AM

New guy is new. Shows newness.  Ohhhhh, I see.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1360 on: November 20, 2014, 06:09:33 AM

We bitched about it in all of those expansions too. The removal of player agency.

The fact it keeps being Green Jesus just makes it even more intolerable.

I don't think he was here for that. Maybe I'm wrong.

But good lord, yes. The amount of wailing over the LK battle was cacophonous. So much so that it was THE fight which started the debate on how WoW's story was moving beyond the players. The other nail in the coffin was Cairne perishing in some dumbass novel, but not the game. When they killed off a major character in an outside book, that was the turning point for many players when it came to Metzen.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1361 on: November 20, 2014, 07:50:02 AM

I forgot Cairne even died, poor dumb cow man.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1362 on: November 20, 2014, 07:50:44 AM

I want to place this back under the microscope for a moment. They had the same concept and execution with the Lich King boss battle. But we're being critical here because it's Green Jesus and Metzen's persona non grata. Did Deathwing and whomever was the big bad in Pandaria have similar ends?

Why spoiler it?

Yes to Deathwing. You were a distraction for Green Jesus to become UBERGREEN JESUS as the Aspects all sacrificed their immortality for THE ONE TRUE GOD-ORC to beat Deathwing. If the players were NPCs we'd all have been cannon fodder that died and been pointless.

Pandaria you beat-down Garrosh, then there's a face-off between Vol'Jin and King Saiyn before they haul Garrosh off. Thrall has a part somewhere in the whole thing, but I only did the end raid once and didn't read any of the shit lore until I came back at the 6.0 patch, so I can't speak clearly on it.

But good lord, yes. The amount of wailing over the LK battle was cacophonous. So much so that it was THE fight which started the debate on how WoW's story was moving beyond the players. The other nail in the coffin was Cairne perishing in some dumbass novel, but not the game. When they killed off a major character in an outside book, that was the turning point for many players when it came to Metzen.

Yep. And the removal of key plot points to books (Hey, why is Jaina a crazy mo-fo now with white hair?) means folks who aren't uber fanboys just stop caring at all.  Granted, Star Wars has shown that this type of pandering to the 1-2% of fans can go on for a LONG ASS TIME and generate so much money that the creators just don't give a fuck.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1363 on: November 21, 2014, 01:43:41 AM

Bitch thread is for bitching, yeah?  awesome, for real

So Bliz announced last night that, apparently, there's been a huge, HUGE number of complaints about the new personal loot system, and that they're reverting to Need/Greed for random dungeon runs.

So I guess that means I'm not running random dungeons anymore. For over 10 years, I've dealt with the fuck shit of scrub players looting gear they either can't use or don't need. They finally put in a system that removed those scrubs from the equation, and now they're going back to the old in less than a week since launch.

The B.net forums and a few other places are on fire about this. So much so that one wonders where the people that complained about the new system are, and if they even exist. One theory is that the new system worked so well that Blizzard was afraid of people gearing up too quickly, but rather than coming forward and saying such, they went with the "blame the scrubs" strategy. Which of course works, but it's still bullshit.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1364 on: November 21, 2014, 02:36:53 AM

WHAT THE FUCK ?

No, that's really, really, really mental.  That system was brilliance and worked great.  Who The Fuck was complaining ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 52 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  
Jump to: