Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:14:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  (Read 484669 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1260 on: October 29, 2014, 05:57:21 AM

After playing SWTOR I'm basically spoiled now about quests. Text over and over doesn't do it for me if you want to tell an important story. There was a neat cinematic where they showed stuff coming through a portal, but other than that? Meh.

World of Dailies is still grindy.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1261 on: October 29, 2014, 07:14:11 AM

Aren't they really dialing back the dailies for the next expansion?

I'm getting weird performance issues that I never really had. Boss pull in a raid slows my machine to a crawl at first.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #1262 on: October 29, 2014, 09:54:50 AM

I'm tempted to try the new FF (my brain refuses to remember the specific number or roman numerals) since I hear that's great, but I've got my MMO-ish daily grind going on in Destiny.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1263 on: October 29, 2014, 01:27:34 PM

14.  It's the best fantasy diku-like out right now.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1264 on: October 29, 2014, 04:39:51 PM

14.  It's the best fantasy diku-like out right now.

I'd play it with a buddy but he's on a legacy server and I don't think I can get on it as a new player.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1265 on: October 29, 2014, 05:10:49 PM

If you do play FFXIV, it's best if you can join an established group. The dungeons get a little more difficult around the lvl 30+ area, so pugs might get more annoying at that point. It also really helps if you have a group of people that are willing to help you during the various story line dungeon cock-blocks.

Plus, you can level a whole lot faster and make up some of the story line level gaps easier if you can just go jump in a dungeon.  This might also depend on your tolerance of pugs, because if you're willing to do the low level duty roulette you can level rather fast.

Just a bit of a warning, it didn't really catch on for me until the dungeons came into play.  The story quest can be a bit rough in parts and the lower level combat mechanics aren't fantastic.  However, it's gotten me to sub and stay subbed, which is a credit to the game.

-Rasix
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1266 on: November 13, 2014, 05:18:52 PM

Long que times, lag and server crashes.  It's like the launch for Arche Age all over again.  I wonder if idling at the character select screen will work to keep you logged in to WoW like it did with AA? awesome, for real
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1267 on: November 13, 2014, 05:26:31 PM

I don't remember the queues being this bad for MoP. I've seen people reporting 4 hour queues. My wait was only about 20 minutes.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1268 on: November 13, 2014, 05:29:20 PM

As a working man it's basically impossible to play when I have time. So even though I'd like to buy this, I won't.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1269 on: November 13, 2014, 06:58:18 PM

I don't remember the queues being this bad for MoP. I've seen people reporting 4 hour queues. My wait was only about 20 minutes.

They put a lot more hype into this one than MoP. I don't remember TV commercials everywhere, plus the things like the Times Square ad.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1270 on: November 13, 2014, 09:19:43 PM

I'm playing on a rp pvp server with friends.  Prime time queue was 6 mins.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #1271 on: November 14, 2014, 01:55:51 AM

I'm playing on a rp pvp server with friends.  Prime time queue was 6 mins.
I play on Tichondrious (one of the original 10  (i think) servers).  I had a roughly hour long queue to get in on Wednesday night.  Got home after work this morning (2 am ish friday morning), ~3300 person queue, Estimated time calculator said approx 3 hours, give or take.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1272 on: November 14, 2014, 05:14:03 AM

So 4 hour maintenance the day after launch? What the hell?
lesion

Reply #1273 on: November 14, 2014, 06:23:32 AM

Scheduled poopshow. swamp poop

steam|a grue \[T]/
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1274 on: November 14, 2014, 06:33:36 AM

So 4 hour maintenance the day after launch? What the hell?

People on twitch that I saw couldn't get in. Pretty hilarious stuff.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1275 on: November 14, 2014, 07:04:40 AM

So they were being DDOSed and it looks like they didn't plan for as many people to come back as have done so, turning reports into a clusterfuck.

Daughter was bopping around just fine wherever she was, but she also said it was crashing often on her since she'd gotten home from school.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1276 on: November 14, 2014, 07:24:05 AM

DDOS ?

You got a source on that ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1277 on: November 14, 2014, 07:28:13 AM

DDOS ?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15271097043#1

3:02PM update, third paragraph. Also, a couple news outlets reported it too.

Good thing I sent my minions out on a five hour mission before going down  awesome, for real

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1278 on: November 14, 2014, 07:32:05 AM

I meant a trusted source.  They said that shit for months about the EU servers and in the end it turned out to be nothing of the kind.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1279 on: November 14, 2014, 08:35:00 AM

I know I said I probably wouldn't play this but like a bad ex-boyfriend, WoW invades my thoughts. "Please come back, it'll be different this time, I promise."

Played on Illidan yesterday. Logged in about 6am pacific to a few hundred person queue, got in after about 20 minutes. My friend tried logging in about 2pm and was number 5000something in the queue. (After hours in the queue, he gave up and went to bed - never did play).

I was amazed at the bottleneck quests - this is 4th expansion, don't they know not to do this? Especially for phased crap. Why make it so linear to begin with?

Several beginning quests were not working as intended. In order to complete them, it was necessary to join a group and aoe randomly hoping to tag mobs before the other hundreds/thousands of people wanting to. Tower of Gormaul took me a good 2 hours because the phasing was fucked up - couldn't see the mobs, then they'd evade when I did see them. "These Colors Don't Run" was impossible. Finally a friend on a low pop server invited me, so I could actually do the quest.

Worst launch I've seen yet for Blizzard. It's as though they've never done this before.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1280 on: November 14, 2014, 08:36:14 AM

DDOS ?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15271097043#1

3:02PM update, third paragraph. Also, a couple news outlets reported it too.

Good thing I sent my minions out on a five hour mission before going down  awesome, for real

I was glad I at least was able to have my barn set to "Milk" my cows that I had "invited to come to my barn" before garrisons totally crapped themselves so in theory baring roll back should at least have a fair amount of work orders done when I get home as well as a bunch of burnished leather.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1281 on: November 14, 2014, 08:37:12 AM

WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU ALL EXPECTING ??!  THIS THREAD IS MAKING ME SAD.

Mostly because I'm going to have to hear the same shit from the Wife all weekend.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1282 on: November 14, 2014, 08:44:44 AM

Mostly because I'm going to have to hear the same shit from the Wife all weekend.

The 7 free days a few weeks back was the best thing they could have given me. It completely nipped any desire I might have to play this game right in the bud.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1283 on: November 14, 2014, 09:12:41 AM

I was glad I at least was able to have my barn set to "Milk" my cows that I had "invited to come to my barn" before garrisons totally crapped themselves so in theory baring roll back should at least have a fair amount of work orders done when I get home as well as a bunch of burnished leather.

Wait, what? Garrisons can have farms and cows that get milked?

(One of these days, I'll read about expansions just like I'll read patch notes before playing. Maybe.)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1284 on: November 14, 2014, 09:15:20 AM

The 7 free days a few weeks back was the best thing they could have given me. It completely nipped any desire I might have to play this game right in the bud.

Me too.  I logged to check out the patch and just said NO.

I still can't believe what they did to most of the classes.  Hunters really, really got dicked.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #1285 on: November 14, 2014, 09:32:38 AM

Regarding the queues, something to bear in mind is that there have been a ton of server merges connected realms over the past couple years. So realms like mine, where I have never before seen a login queue, had a queue last night. Not a huge queue, but nonetheless.

So far I've got my newb Garrison filled out with a Barracks and the Engineering building, I've accumulated 4 followers, and kicked off a couple work orders.

I am making it a point to travel around on one of my Proto-Drakes, since they are ground mounts now.

Hunters got a bunch of stuff rearranged or taken away, but my Siege geared hunter plowed through the opening sequence and the portion of Frostfire Ridge that I've done so far. It's too easy. I target things and they die. I've never seen leveling mobs just keel over like this. It's a little insulting.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1286 on: November 14, 2014, 10:07:06 AM

DDOS ?
It sounds better than saying there are too many people trying to log in at once.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1287 on: November 14, 2014, 11:23:58 AM

Me too.  I logged to check out the patch and just said NO.

I still can't believe what they did to most of the classes.  Hunters really, really got dicked.

I disagree. Hunters lost a lot of bullshit fiddling that made them less enjoyable to play and only marginally added to their DPS. They still have their utility skills and the only real losses are Volley -which went away ages ago- snake trap (which was meh) and Aspects. 

They could never figure out wtf to do with Aspects anyway. Fox was great, but then hunters got the ability to fire on the move and it was pointless.  Monkey was good but once Hunters became 100% ranged instead of being based off of Rexar (who is melee in WC3) it was useless. So you were in Hawk all the time except when doing overland travel, so why have an aura for it?  It's a fiddly button push when you die. Fuck it.

All the rest is there, just baked-in to abilities or limited to a specific spec to reduce cooldown monitoring.  I'm good with it as the changes made my hunter a lot more fun to play instead of micromanaging crap. The only other class that had to do as much juggling was rogues and they seem to still be at that level.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1288 on: November 14, 2014, 12:49:58 PM

BM Hunter.  3 buttons and a pet that dies quick.  It ain't fun.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1289 on: November 14, 2014, 02:27:49 PM

If your pet is dying quick, look at the talents you've got and what type you made him.  You want Ferocity or Tenacity for soloing. The Cunning pets are worthless.   I also use more than 3 buttons as BM.

Kill Command, Cobra Shot, Arcane Shot, Your 2 talent DPS cds and traps. Also multi-shot on anything more than 2 mobs.  That's just off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 02:43:27 PM by Merusk »

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1290 on: November 14, 2014, 02:54:37 PM

Queue of 4500. They've really messed up their servers.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1291 on: November 14, 2014, 02:54:48 PM

Facepalm Ohhhhh, I see.

Queues are hours long.  She's really, really, really not happy.

I, however, am giving it a bit of a good old Lol.

So there's that.

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1292 on: November 14, 2014, 02:57:02 PM

Guess I got in early enough because no queue for me. I thought they were fixing some of these issues?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1293 on: November 14, 2014, 02:59:00 PM

It'll be the DDOS attack.

Yeah.

That'll be it.

awesome, for real

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1294 on: November 14, 2014, 03:06:28 PM

So could it be that inactive server population is way beyond server capacity on old servers, and as a result they can't support an active player base? Ie. these queues aren't going away until enough people give up in frustration.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 52 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  
Jump to: